UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stefan Struve: "I'm a 265 lbs, seven-foot monster.

2/28/13 8:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LucasBTiger
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strive by sub Phone Post
2/28/13 10:20 PM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Future champ!

2/28/13 10:24 PM
MRWONDERFUL BARBOZA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei -
The Gumball Kid - First thought: He weighs 265?

that or damn close. he's come in a few pounds light, and he looks skinny, but weight increases volumetrically. Even a pretty skinny guy at 6'11" or whatever is going to weigh a lot.
He said in a recent interview that he cuts to make 265 Phone Post
3/1/13 2:03 AM
MickColins
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A 10 foot monster with a 4 chambered heart full of ricotta cheese.

3/1/13 2:18 AM
ANT_P1989
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who fights like he's 5 Foot. Lol

Learn to fight tall for a change, Struve. Phone Post
3/1/13 2:26 AM
OzMafioso
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH -

Hunt is a beast man. Phone Post
3/1/13 2:27 AM
MRWONDERFUL BARBOZA

ANT_P1989 - Who fights like he's 5 Foot. Lol

Did u not watch the miocic fight? Phone Post
3/1/13 2:34 AM
kevsh
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Stefan could move anything like JBJ he'd probably be HW champ by now and in the P4P discussion. Not sure at his age/size he could "get athletic" but if he did ... wow.
3/1/13 3:40 AM
Arecsa
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Struve, and think he could be a real monster in the future if he can learn to use his size and reach better, but Hunt is going to fold him in half.
3/1/13 3:43 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt by ko. Phone Post
3/1/13 3:46 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - Also wouldn't be surprised if he eventually got to 7,3....he is still going through puberty
He's 25, please be joking Phone Post
3/1/13 3:50 AM
Matt Phillips
774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My prediction is Struve gasses after the 1st round, Hunt KO's him in the second.

3/1/13 4:14 AM
Chigurh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Struve! 2nd round sub.
3/1/13 4:35 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a 265 lbs, seven-foot monster.

who looks like a baby.

3/1/13 6:59 AM
Pancake Syrup
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - 
Pancake Syrup - Also wouldn't be surprised if he eventually got to 7,3....he is still going through puberty
He's 25, please be joking Phone Post

I was but for some reason i think he is a lot younger than 25
3/1/13 9:41 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When did he hit 265?

Serious question. Last I recall hearing, he was working to get up to 265 eventually.

I had no clue he was there already. Phone Post
3/1/13 9:55 AM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips -

My prediction is Struve gasses after the 1st round, Hunt KO's him in the second.

Not a very good prediction Matt....Struve has finished 6 fights in the UFC in the 2nd rd. Slim chance he's going to gas :)

I predict he's going to sub Hunt in the 2nd though :] Phone Post
3/1/13 10:01 AM
grrr
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MickColins - 

A 10 foot monster with a 4 chambered heart full of ricotta cheese.

I voted you up for Droping Bill Brasky on people.That was my favorite SNL skit when I was a kid.
3/1/13 10:11 AM
ANT_P1989
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MRWONDERFUL BARBOZA -
ANT_P1989 - Who fights like he's 5 Foot. Lol

Did u not watch the miocic fight? Phone Post
Seen all of his fights, still doesn't use his height and reach good enough. Phone Post
3/1/13 10:32 AM
MattyECB
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really want Struve to win, and I'm almost always rooting for him.
Partially because I still naively await the day he comes into the ring looking like Semmy Schilt and not a gangly alien-armed CoreyAndTrevor, haymaker-ing in the pocket, but he's filing out and at least interviews about liking the jab so that's promising...

But who the fuck can root against Hunt?

I'm also always anti-KO for Struve since he's so young and the last thing he needs is more devastating KOs...

But who the fuck can forget Hunt's walk-off KO against Tuscherer?

So as much as it kills me to sayit,
WAAAARRRRR MARKO HUNTOOOOO
3/1/13 10:35 AM
MattyECB
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay -  Glad to see Struve got his weight up so he has to actually cut down to 265. He should benefit from having more muscle on his frame.

I think this will be a great fight, either Hunt will get the early KO, Struve will get the sub or Struve will get the decision.

I don't actually think Struve has a terrible chin (contrary to popular belief), in the UFC he has been KO'd by JDS which is nothing to be ashamed of, Roy Nelson who is one of the heaviest hitters at HW and Travis Browne who is an athletic monster and a top rated prospect before he lost to Bigfoot.

I think Struve has a better chance than most people think. Phone Post

Struve definitely doesn't have a terrible chin, but unless he's greatly altered his fighing style, he's in for some trouble.

Even with the improvements he's made these past few fights, he's too beserker with his sub attempts and KO attempts. He should be fighting like the Klitschkos or Semmy to give a much better example -- I mean go for the KO, y not?

But use your fucking jab and outside game to tire and gauge your opponent first. Justlike how great fighters like GSP will outstrike waaaay better kickboxers, you just make sure they're tired and that you've had a chance to see the best they can offer while in your comfort zone, BEFORE jumping into their comfort zone
3/1/13 10:38 AM
Pride Wanderlei

I wish Struve fought like a tall guy. Kinda how Nate always sets up his jab so well....Struve has looked better as of late.

I think if Werdum beats Big Nog he MIGHT be ahead of Struve title picture wise. But I think Struve is two wins away from a title shot. Phone Post
3/1/13 10:40 AM
Knuckle Punch
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby -

War Struve!

. Phone Post
3/1/13 10:42 AM
MattyECB

I guess I went a bit off topic, but all I meant, Finlay, was that he doesn't have bad chin, but he puts himself in situations to be dramatically KOed.

He fought like a tool aginst Miocic imo, love constant dog-fights but he could've won much easier, and whenever he gets KOed, at least the last two KOs since I don't remember the JDS one well, he gets caught by such telegraphed close range shots lol

Browne punching him with that slow-mo superman-punch while his hands are literally in the air, and Roy Nelson throwing that wide Fedor-esque casting Sambo punch that just loops around clean...

For all of Hunt's faults and for as easily as I think Struve could win this -- it's gonna come down to a matter of Struve's fight-IQ and I would be none too surprised if Struve elects to bang in the pocket.

Just wish i wasn't a mudnamer since I'd jump on the underdog Hunt for stupid SN bet in a sec lol Alread placing my extra cash on a small bet :P
3/1/13 11:34 AM
dermotfix
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This story in the MMA News section doesn't even mention his opponent's name. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.