UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Struve wants title shot, after beating Hunt

2/28/13 8:04 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"When I win this fight, and I finish this fight yet again, then I'm on a five-fight win streak with five finishes in the heavyweight division," Struve says of his upcoming bout at UFC on FUEL 8. "Nobody else in the heavyweight division is on a five-fight win streak. I think I have a pretty strong bid to call myself No. 1 contender."

"There's a lot of different things that need to happen before you really can measure yourself with the top guys in the division. But I think we're doing all the right things.

"People expect a little bit too much too soon. I was 21 when I signed my UFC contract. 21 for three days when I fought Junior dos Santos. What do you think happens when a 21-year-old enters the UFC? He's not going to take the division by storm. He's going to need his time to become a better fighter, become bigger and stronger, grow into his body."

"Most heavyweights peak in their early thirties. So if you look it that way, I still have a couple years to go to become a lot better, bigger, stronger, whatever, still no rush. Although I feel like I can beat anybody in the world right now, and I feel like I can win a world championship."

"I hear before all my fights that I'm not the favorite. Still now I read my Twitter to be in touch with my fans, and I get a lot of people saying, ‘He's going to put you in a lawn chair,' and whatever. ‘He's going to knock your head into the third row.' So was Pat Barry, so was Dave Herman. So was Lavar Johnson, and so was Stipe Miotic.

"People keep saying I'm going to get knocked out, and whatever, but I don't care about it. I keep on showing that big strikers are not a problem anymore. They may have been at the beginning of my career, but not anymore.

"If this fight stays on the feet, and I fight smart, then it's my fight to win. And I have a good chance to knock Mark out."

Read entire article...

2/28/13 8:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SupesUp
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'd be close but Werdum would be ahead if he wins. Phone Post
2/28/13 8:11 PM
MMAhaiku
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nnnnnnnope. Phone Post
2/28/13 8:15 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Struve! One of the fighters I'm always super excited to see. Hope he gets his title shot. Phone Post
2/28/13 8:15 PM
Rafael135
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Submitting Mark - Good chance

Knocking out Mark - No chance Phone Post
2/28/13 8:21 PM
sodagoespop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Struve is gonna get folded, GO HUNT !
2/28/13 8:22 PM
HandyDarsh
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he better not have just jinxed himself!

2/28/13 8:23 PM
bigironmike79
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never really looked at him as a contender. I'm a fan if his and all but I don't really see him beating guys like Mir Bigfoot overeem or werdum. He's still young though. Like he said, he might not even peak for a few more years. I like his style but don't see him as much more than a tough top 10 gatekeeperish type fighter. Phone Post
2/28/13 8:26 PM
PutYourChubbyInMyCubby
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope he try's to stand with mark hunt Phone Post
2/28/13 8:26 PM
Fabes
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Still one big win away if he beats Hunto. Phone Post
2/28/13 8:27 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like a Mongoose Dog and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting one of those.  I'm pretty sure Stefan is in the same boat.

2/28/13 8:32 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rule_Abiding_Poster - knock mark out? Lol......

Why not? Manhoef Ko'd him in under a minute.
2/28/13 8:35 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rule_Abiding_Poster - knock mark out? Lol......

Why not? Manhoef Ko'd him in under a minute.
2/28/13 8:40 PM
ramaham
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He had me until he said he was gonna knock him out...either way it should be a good fight.
2/28/13 8:48 PM
ender852
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man. i love struve but by that logic mccorkle should have gotten a title shot lol

2/28/13 8:54 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 -

man. i love struve but by that logic mccorkle should have gotten a title shot lol

Huh? Phone Post
2/28/13 8:57 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is on a good streak. But not against top guys.

But hunt will KO him anyway Phone Post
2/28/13 8:58 PM
HandyDarsh
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby - 
ender852 -

Huh? Phone Post

hahaha

2/28/13 9:02 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I admire Struve's talent and will to win, I just don't think he's done anything thus far to prove he's ready for a shot at the title. Sure he's upset some top prospects, but IMO that doesn't count. If he beats Hunt (which I doubt), give him a top 5 opponent.

If he destroys whoever that may be, then he definitely deserves it. Phone Post
2/28/13 9:05 PM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win vs Hunt should get him a #1 contender fight with Werdum if he wins his fight
2/28/13 9:07 PM
ShatsBassoon
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit in one hand wish in the other see which fills up first.

I highly doubt Struve will get a title shot if he beats Hunt. Think we'll see him face some top competition though. I'd like to see him fight Bigfoot.

Doesn't matter though, Hunt's gonna walk over him!!

2/28/13 9:09 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - Win vs Hunt should get him a #1 contender fight with Werdum if he wins his fight
Agreed, but I thought a title shot was promised to Werdum if he were to win his fight. Either way I think the ranking system is so irrelevant now considering the fighters who are getting title shots after one win. Especially considering that they were previously demolished by the champ. (Bigfoot) Phone Post
2/28/13 9:09 PM
Mylott
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stefan Struve deserves WAY more respect than he gets. this kid is a shining example of what an mma fighter should be. He is a talented, humble, respectful, intelligent athlete who puts forth to the world what us mma people want the world to see. This kid gets better every time he fights. He goes in there to finish fights too every single time. He is talented in every discipline and you can tell he is a very hard working student of the game who goes home after very fight and figures out what he needs to work on and does it. You get ZERO games with this guy, he shows up to fight every time and is nothing but professional. I think we forget sometimes because of his size that he is just a kid. We all see what happens to a lot of athletes when they are thrust into the spotlight at a young age but obviously Stefan has surrounded himself with the right people. Congrats to him and his camp, the sky is the limit for him!!!!
2/28/13 9:10 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN

NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN -
Pancake Syrup - Win vs Hunt should get him a #1 contender fight with Werdum if he wins his fight
Agreed, but I thought a title shot was promised to Werdum if he were to win his fight. Either way I think the ranking system is so irrelevant now considering the fighters who are getting title shots after one win. Especially considering that they were previously demolished by the champ. (Bigfoot) Phone Post
Two wins Phone Post
2/28/13 9:10 PM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShatsBassoon - 

Shit in one hand wish in the other see which fills up first.

I highly doubt Struve will get a title shot if he beats Hunt. Think we'll see him face some top competition though. I'd like to see him fight Bigfoot.

Doesn't matter though, Hunt's gonna walk over him!!

I don't think he will walk over him. Hell i don't see it going past 3 minutes. Hunt's last 3 opponents were dumb enough to stand and trade with him. Struve won't do that and is a better version of McDorkle who subbed him quickly in their fight

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.