UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: Diaz will know I'm a better fighter after 1st

2/28/13 10:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1070 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre says he's been learning new skills and techniques, and that will spell trouble for the brash Nick Diaz at UFC 158.

2/28/13 10:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares. Everyone knows GSP will win this fight rather easily. Ducking Hendricks Phone Post
2/28/13 11:00 PM
FormrChamp

Diaz has absolutely NOTHING for GSP. He's going to look just like his brother did.....
2/28/13 11:18 PM
Faithless slime

GSP is a fighter? Who woulda knew Phone Post
2/28/13 11:24 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I still want to see it.
2/28/13 11:32 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is going to make people wonder why this fight even happened.

2/28/13 11:40 PM
HandyDarsh
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

GSP is going to make people wonder why this fight even happened.

Unfinished business IMO Phone Post
2/28/13 11:42 PM
Faithless slime

Would Diaz ever tap to strikes? Fuck no GSP might be bigger stronger faster but he's not a fighter like Diaz he doesn't have that relentless never quit warrior spirit like Diaz and other fighters Phone Post
2/28/13 11:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAFAN695 -

Training with elite grapplers and boxers is cool and all but it doesn't give you heart...

I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Diaz makes GSP tap to strikes... 

while standing....

with his back up against the cage!

It astounds me that people will say this stuff after he he survived a headkick and ground and pound from freaking Carlos Condit of all people. Phone Post
2/28/13 11:49 PM
Faithless slime

well rounded poster -
Faithless slime - Would Diaz ever tap to strikes? Fuck no GSP might be bigger stronger faster but he's not a fighter like Diaz he doesn't have that relentless never quit warrior spirit like Diaz and other fighters Phone Post
Hahahahahaha Phone Post
The proof is a few posts above me Phone Post
2/28/13 11:52 PM
Overseer got owned by BCE
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAFAN695 -

Training with elite grapplers and boxers is cool and all but it doesn't give you heart...

I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Diaz makes GSP tap to strikes... 

while standing....

with his back up against the cage!

Looooool Phone Post
3/1/13 12:19 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Some things Nick Diaz has never done

Win a UFC title

Beat a high level wrestler

Defeat a welterweight ranked in the top 10

But I give credit where credit is due. Diaz has done something else that GSP hasn't...

3/1/13 12:21 AM
Bucephalus

GSP says it's a good matchup stylistically.. but if you look deeper it's not.

The only way he wins this is if he plays the blanket game... which will piss off even more UFC fans. If he fights a more open fight.. he will play into Nick's strengths.
3/1/13 12:27 AM
Eggbert
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz will know in 30 seconds of the first round he's screwed. George will be in beast mode. He normally comes to defeat his opponents. He's coming to break Diaz. Diaz will quit on his stool between 3 and 4th round Phone Post
3/1/13 12:28 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I guess if GSP has any intention whatsoever of trying to finish it, it's not in the 1st round? lol
3/1/13 12:30 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - Win a UFC title: misfortune/bad judging

Beat a high-level wrestler: he beat Sherkin the eyes of anyone who wasn't blind, and I'm not sure if you consider Gomi high-level, but Nick beat him, too.

Beat a top-10 ww: what was BJ'S ranking at ww when Nick beat him.

No-show a press conference: You're right, GSP has never done that. He shows up to everything and does everything the UFC asks. It works for him, that's fine, but who has more fans?

Your gif/pic montage was impressive, though. I'll give you that. Voted up, brother. Phone Post
Lol it's all in fun. Honestly I'm not even a GSP fan, he's just earned my respect. Phone Post
3/1/13 12:39 AM
Bucephalus

well rounded poster - 
Bucephalus - GSP says it's a good matchup stylistically.. but if you look deeper it's not.

The only way he wins this is if he plays the blanket game... which will piss off even more UFC fans. If he fights a more open fight.. he will play into Nick's strengths.
I have no doubt gsp could finish nick on the feet. Phone Post

We're not talking about your doubt. We're talking about GSP's doubt.

And we all know that GSP isn't going to stand and trade with Nick. And there's a reason for that.
3/1/13 12:42 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Spartan 117 Master Chief - Every MMA fan should want Nick Diaz to pull off the miracle win. WW division needs a real champion who puts on GOOD fights Phone Post
UFC needs a new champion? GSP is the biggest draw and money maker for the UFC and it's not even close. Phone Post
3/1/13 12:49 AM
part_time_lurker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan -  Win a UFC title: misfortune/bad judging

Beat a high-level wrestler: he beat Sherkin the eyes of anyone who wasn't blind, and I'm not sure if you consider Gomi high-level, but Nick beat him, too.

Beat a top-10 ww: what was BJ'S ranking at ww when Nick beat him.

No-show a press conference: You're right, GSP has never done that. He shows up to everything and does everything the UFC asks. It works for him, that's fine, but who has more fans?

Your gif/pic montage was impressive, though. I'll give you that. Voted up, brother. Phone Post

I have no horse in this race... but did you really suggest that Diaz has more fans than GSP?

I'm sure I'll get a few VTFD for this, but I don't even think it's even in the same ballpark as to who has the most fans.

GSP by a mile.
3/1/13 12:53 AM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAFAN695 -

Tomorrows UG Blog: 

Diaz: GSP will know I am a better fighter after the 3rd.

I hope they have a video to go along with it.

@OnlyTheStrongSurvie  When he beats GSP, he will have beaten your high level wrestler.  LMAO at your top 10 WW,  Diaz did this to him...

As for not showing up to the press conference...

I think you need a little reminder...

When GSP didn't show up to UFC137, Nick Diaz headlined the card.

When GSP didn't show up to UFC143, Nick Diaz headlined the card.

So if GSP doesn't show up to UFC158, Nick Diaz will more than likely headline the card!

Posting that GIF makes you look stupid, because Diaz didn't do shit to Condit. GSP beat Condit soundly. Phone Post
3/1/13 12:55 AM
ChaosOverkill
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

more angry haters spouting nonsense as usual

3/1/13 1:00 AM
Bucephalus

Edited: 03/01/13 1:00 AM
MasterofMartialArts - Diaz didn't do shit to Condit. GSP beat Condit soundly.

By that logic, it can be said that Condit didn't do anything to Diaz... yet came within a cunt hair of finishing GSP.
3/1/13 1:09 AM
dahosse
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Some things Nick Diaz has never done

Win a UFC title

Beat a high level wrestler

Defeat a welterweight ranked in the top 10

But I give credit where credit is due. Diaz has done something else that GSP hasn't...

Ha haaaaaaa xD Phone Post
3/1/13 1:28 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eggbert -  Diaz will know in 30 seconds of the first round he's screwed. George will be in beast mode. He normally comes to defeat his opponents. He's coming to break Diaz. Diaz will quit on his stool between 3 and 4th round Phone Post

Sure sure. That's what they said for Hardy and Koscheck too. I'm pretty sure GSP will beat Diaz but it's almost a guarantee that it'll be by decision. I've been a fan of GSP for a long time but the criticism of him trying to win rounds over winning fights and finishing is absolutely correct. Diaz isn't going to quit. The only chance GSP has of finishing Diaz is by cut which, by GSP's own admission, isn't a very good form of finish. Still, it's a finish at least. But even that isn't likely.

I would love to be wrong and see GSP go out there and win by sub or TKO but it's not happening the way he fights now.
3/1/13 1:49 AM
tjmitchiscool
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The same GSP who had a hard time against Condit, is going to just walk through Diaz the first 30 secs of the round...LMFAO...I like GSP, but c'mon Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.