UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lombard concerned about potential release

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/1/13 9:56 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

MMAJunkie's Steven Marrocco profiles Hector Lombard, ahead of his fight with Yushin Okami at UFC on FUEL 8 Saturday night.

"He's extremely strong, and he has a long reach," said Lombard. "...He's going to come and hug me. I don't want to be hugged, so I've got to punch him."

Lombard wants to beat Okami, and then hopes for a fight with Michael Bisping, who he will be rooting for when "The Count" fights Alan Belcher at UFC 159 in April.

"I hope he wins," said Lombard. "Because he sucks."

Although an Olympic level Judoka, Lombard above all else wants to be exciting. And he fears Okami may push him up against a fence, and smother the heat from the fight.

"I did judo, yes, but I like more real fighting," said Lombard. "I like to be an MMA fighter. A person that I always wanted to be was exciting and be the guy that people like to see because he punches, not go and grapple people."

Should Okami smother him against the cage, Lombard's concerned he might "become boring, and then get cut because you're boring."

"I don't want to do that. I want to go out there and punch him and be exciting."

"I don't care if I get KOd. I just want to punch him left and right."

Read entire article...

3/1/13 9:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. If the cuts serve to make fighters more exciting I'm all for it. Phone Post
3/1/13 10:01 AM
mmavixen
1117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hector's my boy and I have no doubt he'll put on a great show tomorrow.

WAR LOMBARD!

3/1/13 10:12 AM
Death Beast

He wouldn't be cut for being boring so much as he'd be cut for being a high priced midcarder. They paid good money for him hoping he'd challenge Anderson and if he goes 1-2 to start then it'd be awhile before he got serious contender consideration again.
3/1/13 10:17 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I dont want to be hugged, so Ive got to punch him"

Hahaha Phone Post
3/1/13 10:26 AM
Daverr

okami beats lombard,

with reletive ease
3/1/13 10:27 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Daverr -
okami beats lombard,

with reletive ease
Qfp Phone Post
3/1/13 10:32 AM
Daverr

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Daverr -
okami beats lombard,

with reletive ease
Qfp Phone Post

dunno what that means,

but you wanna bet on it??

im confident
3/1/13 10:38 AM
Hikikomori
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hector should renegotiate his contact. He gets $300,000.00 per fight. Phone Post
3/1/13 10:45 AM
DeWebb

Why is an Olympic Judoka worried about being grinded? Phone Post
3/1/13 10:47 AM
jqvwxyz

Yah man, cut these boring grapplers!

This is what I like to hear. I just want to see two dudes man up, step to the centre of the cage, glue their feet to floor and swing lefts and rights until someone drops. Now thats entertainment.

Strategy? Gameplan? Skill? Versatility? Exciting grappling? FUCK THAT. We don't need that in UFC.

Swing and drop bros. Swing and drop. Let's usher in this new era.
3/1/13 10:51 AM
john joe
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
jqvwxyz - Yah man, cut these boring grapplers!

This is what I like to hear. I just want to see two dudes man up, step to the centre of the cage, glue their feet to floor and swing lefts and rights until someone drops. Now thats entertainment.

Strategy? Gameplan? Skill? Versatility? Exciting grappling? FUCK THAT. We don't need that in UFC.

YES please rush me my copy of Ultimate Swinging
3/1/13 10:53 AM
Death Beast

Hope this is a joke. If people really wanted to see that then toughman competitions would have been more popular.
Lombard isn't even that aggressive usually, he sits back and tries to counter so he can't complain when people don't feed into his gameplan.
3/1/13 11:08 AM
bdgreenejr
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Death Beast -

Hope this is a joke. If people really wanted to see that then toughman competitions would have been more popular.
Lombard isn't even that aggressive usually, he sits back and tries to counter so he can't complain when people don't feed into his gameplan.
Exactly.

Personally, I want to see technical expertise in the ring. I want to see someone go out and execute a game-plan, that may or may not include going to the ground. I want to see someone that can dominate with skill. I get that the crowd wants an exciting fight, but at what cost? Phone Post
3/1/13 11:35 AM
Dirtguy

Daverr -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Daverr -
okami beats lombard,

with reletive ease
Qfp Phone Post

dunno what that means,

but you wanna bet on it??

im confident
Qfp = quit fucking posting Phone Post
3/1/13 11:37 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I dont want to be hugged, so Ive got to punch him"

Hahaha Phone Post
3/1/13 11:40 AM
Yelm
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yushin has been a shell of his former self since Anderson.  Hector should win this one handily.  I can't agree with him and root for Bisping though.  Belcher will make for a better fight anyway.

3/1/13 11:40 AM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I hope he wins...because he sucks"

Lol gold Phone Post
3/1/13 12:05 PM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping will manhandle this roider.
3/1/13 12:08 PM
shaqitup
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -  Good. If the cuts serve to make fighters more exciting I'm all for it. Phone Post

I'm not really, I want to know whose the best, and want to see guys fight to their potential.

Some guys will be exciting, some will be boring, but i'd like to see who is the best.

Slug fests are great, but sometimes they aren't the best choice for a fighter.

3/1/13 12:10 PM
ufc98newb
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see why high level guys can't start getting contracts written with a little more protection

3/1/13 1:37 PM
xXJayRobXx
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He's going to come and hug me. I don't want to be hugged" that explains why he's a gym bully. The guy doesn't like hugs lol Phone Post
3/1/13 2:21 PM
Chromium
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And thus started the long slide where MMA slowly became pro-wrestling. (I can't be the only one thinking this seeing all these articles).
3/1/13 2:30 PM
Chimonos Revenge
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fans have bitched for years about perceived "Boring fighters" and how they will never buy a PPV if their list of boring fighters are on it.

Then they bitch when fighters get released for "being boring".

Which way do you want it?
3/1/13 2:31 PM
DoomFarmer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOAN VIPER - Go yushin! Phone Post
Why? Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.