UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Ryan hall email beatdown of Graciemag

3/2/13 12:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JSho
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://georgetteoden.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/eating-crow-with-luca-atalla.html

3/2/13 12:42 AM
ElPulpo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan goes hard.
3/2/13 12:48 AM
falsecrack
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mean

3/2/13 12:54 AM
X_Rated
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol that gif. In to read it later. Phone Post
3/2/13 12:55 AM
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luca,
GracieMag is a "powerful media channel"? Ha. You are a for profit faux-journal that pushes the interests of its members and ignores anything and anyone that does not parrot your party line. There's nothing legitimate about your media.
Please continue to tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night. I find it amusing/appalling that you can't even back off your nonsense or stop patting yourself on the back for the ten seconds it would take to apologize to the people you've deeply wronged with your support of possibly the worst person that the martial arts has seen in the past decade. You should be ashamed of yourself.
It's funny that you mention a lack of information being the source of your error. I can't help but notice that there was a pretty impressive lack of information supporting Lloyd Irvin, yet you (the same guy who was speaking at his event) felt comfortable attacking the people who stood up for what is right and even went as far as to suggest that their motives were some sort of vendetta. You wrote based on your own self-interest because you are a coward and an opportunist.
Finally, your asinine suggestion that you don't want this to reflect negatively on Jiu-Jitsu is also pathetic and an obvious red herring. Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art and martial arts are composed of people. People are what was at risk, what was being abused here, you moron.
In closing, it isn't "what it is," as you suggest in your weak, spineless Facebook wall post. It's what Lloyd and people like you have made it. You are right about one thing, though: this is sad.
I hope that you will actually reflect on this situation and come out of the whole thing with a little more respect for others. I'll consider letting you off the hook when you make a public apology.
Ryan
3/2/13 12:59 AM
dr kimura

Edited: 03/02/13 1:00 AM
Even better when read with a fake Brazilian accent.

Ryan debating these people is like watching a midget play basketball with Shaq.

"Powerful media channel" was pretty epic.
3/2/13 12:59 AM
countlphie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love it

that scumbag needs to go
3/2/13 1:04 AM
gusto

Carlinhos should get him removed

rape defender is not a good frontman for growth
3/2/13 2:05 AM
flowwiththego
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoRunsBarterTown - I want to bear Ryan Hall's children.
Voted up when I get home. Ryan for president. He lives jiujitsu. It's where llyod messed up. Llyod put money and EGO above his base, bjj. Lets get back to the sport. Phone Post
3/2/13 2:46 AM
krept
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reading Ryan's posts reminds me of watching a lion attack a zebra on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom as a little kid.
3/2/13 2:46 AM
joelovesfishin
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read it like Ryan Hall got butthurt because Gracie Mag wouldn't publish his letter.
3/2/13 2:50 AM
dr kimura

flowwiththego - 
WhoRunsBarterTown - I want to bear Ryan Hall's children.
Voted up when I get home. Ryan for president. He lives jiujitsu. It's where llyod messed up. Llyod put money and EGO above his base, bjj. Lets get back to the sport. Phone Post

Ummm, yeah, that's the problem. Seriously, the stories that are coming out seem to indicate a much deeper psychological issue than simple greed. Greed I get, greed I understand. This kind of predatory weirdness that seems to be his standard operating procedures appear to be sociopathic.
3/2/13 3:14 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Hall kicks ass and takes names both on and off the mat. THAT is a man I have genuine respect for Phone Post
3/2/13 3:59 AM
JoejitsuMD
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
3/2/13 4:38 AM
PTM2020
975 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow

3/2/13 5:07 AM
Stubbsy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is true to his principles for sure. It's nice to see some integrity. Phone Post
3/2/13 5:17 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didnt luca also ask for a discount on some dvds a while back? I think thats where the bad blood started. this is just the straw.

just the straw.
3/2/13 5:18 AM
GrahamJ

joelovesfishin - I read it like Ryan Hall got butthurt because Gracie Mag wouldn't publish his letter.

Oh, right.

I think people who read it correctly, see it as 'Ryan gave Dickless the chance to show some balance - a chance he pretty much knew he wouldn't take, as Luca is known to be in bed with Limp.
When Dickless declined the opportunity, Ryan delineated the situation exactly as it appears objectively.'.

But whatever...
3/2/13 5:47 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan hall is pure class Phone Post
3/2/13 6:00 AM
GrahamJ

sufferingsuckatash - didnt luca also ask for a discount on some dvds a while back? I think thats where the bad blood started. this is just the straw.

just the straw.

Must be somebody else: Ryan didn't threaten to slap him.
3/2/13 8:02 AM
EddyH

Big Ryan Hall fan
3/2/13 11:43 AM
Dana Van Gogh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joelovesfishin - I read it like Ryan Hall got butthurt because Gracie Mag wouldn't publish his letter.
WTF? Idiot. Phone Post
3/2/13 11:58 AM
EazyG

Joelovesfishin is probably being sarcastic...
3/2/13 12:45 PM
andre
438 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow! Ryan's counter to Luca's email was aggressive but right on target. I actually love the Gracie Mag articles and the quality of the photos but Luca really screwed up here. It's one thing to go to bat for Lloyd prior to all the latest revelations, but since so much has come out and from so many who were close to him, it's pretty weak for Luca to not take a stronger stance against Lloyd. Phone Post
3/2/13 1:34 PM
X_Rated
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know luca personally but from a professional standpoint he is really really messing up the image of his publication Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.