UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THE POTENTIAL! Harness the power of U... The UG!

3/3/13 10:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wicked smahtMF
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 

COME ON UG! Myself, and 1,000 others are depending on this fight community to FIGHT for them.

Here is the crowdfunding site! (Share it!)

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fight-for-the-forgotten/x/2539743

Here is a 1:30 min video interview with Right This Minute which turned out really well!

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/update-african-children-get-first-glimpse-white-dude

Here is my interview on TMZ live (Starting at 17:40 minutes in)

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_gi9s8czf/

Here is the video clip from me on Jimmy Kimmel Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJyriu5jp2s

Here is the video from The Today Show

http://www.today.com/video/today/50987609

The video pretty much sums it all up!!!! Please contribute in ANY way possible. Sharing it would be HUGE help! I need a support tribe that will support this tribe. Support can be through donations but if you don't have that no worries help me get it out on twitter, facebook, or media outlets that will push people to the Crowdfunding website! 

Evan Tanner reincarnate?
3/3/13 11:31 PM
mikeshort06
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I met Justin while working at a grocery store, couldnt have been a more stand up dude. Phone Post
3/4/13 2:03 AM
justinthevikingwren
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trick or Truth -
Trick or Truth - Justin you're an inspiration and it is great to have people out there like you. In all honesty in makes me envious of your character and your willingness to help others. Is their a way I can donate money via credit card to your cause? I don't have pay pal.

Scratch that I realised how I was being stupid, I am trying to donate via credit card and keeps saying "There was an error you provided in the information for this donation. Do not honor."
I have checked and checked again and my details are perfect. Any idea what the issue is?
No idea bro! Did it get better for you now? Phone Post
3/4/13 2:03 AM
justinthevikingwren
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikeshort06 - I met Justin while working at a grocery store, couldnt have been a more stand up dude. Phone Post
Really? Where at? Thanks brother! Phone Post
3/4/13 2:05 AM
justinthevikingwren

DreamerMMA -

Once in a while something happens that brings the UG together and when that happens anything can happen.

I would think MMA type sponsors would be foaming at the mouth to get their name attached to something this amazing.

You would be surprised at what kind of sponsors you can pull if you but contact them and plead your case.  I've found sponsors on the UG and through other companies for far lesser causes than what you are doing Justin.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you found help through the big name companies like Tapout on down to the smaller companies. 

This is a sport and industry founded and run on passion and they respond to it very well.  Tell them your story, show them your passion and I personally believe you'll more than meet your goals in this.

This is a GREAT idea!

You got any ideas on what companies or contacts that might be interested? Phone Post
3/4/13 2:06 AM
justinthevikingwren

Zac Robinson -

Appreciate it Justin. I feel like I'm getting to be a part of something that is really important and it puts a smile on my face!

That is awesome man. I really do feel like this is going to be an incredible journey man. I believe it with everything! Phone Post
3/4/13 2:16 AM
DreamerMMA
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
justinthevikingwren - 
DreamerMMA -

Once in a while something happens that brings the UG together and when that happens anything can happen.

I would think MMA type sponsors would be foaming at the mouth to get their name attached to something this amazing.

You would be surprised at what kind of sponsors you can pull if you but contact them and plead your case.  I've found sponsors on the UG and through other companies for far lesser causes than what you are doing Justin.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you found help through the big name companies like Tapout on down to the smaller companies. 

This is a sport and industry founded and run on passion and they respond to it very well.  Tell them your story, show them your passion and I personally believe you'll more than meet your goals in this.

This is a GREAT idea!

You got any ideas on what companies or contacts that might be interested? Phone Post

I would start with the folks who support the UG and post here.

Tapout, Gladiator Mouthguards, Defense Soap, Six Deuce, Fight Magazine, Fighters Only Magazine, and Dethroned come to mind right off the top of my head.

Go to the home page where it shows all the events and the business members and shoot some emails.

I've also found Kirik is willing to be helpful for the right cause, maybe hit him up.

Dana White has been known to be very generous for the right cause, don't be afraid to shoot a message his way.

You also may want to consider making some patches and seeing what fighters may be able to help out by wearing your patch as a pro bono sponsorship.  I imagine a few guys would wear your patch just to help get word out.  I know the UFC fighters probably couldn't help much due to the steep price of sponsorships in that org but the smaller orgs should be a different story.

Also amateur fighters don't get paid anyway, most of them are happy just to have something on their shorts.

My point is this is an amazing cause.  People want to help but have limited ways to do so.  So some may only be able to help with exposure and advertisement, some may be able to help with basic goods you may need for yourself and the pygmy people like clothing or hygiene products while others may be able to help financially.

Think of what you need, think of who has what you need and how you can approach them with an angle that is good for your cause and benefits them in some way.  Being known as a generous company that helps with charity projects is not the worst thing for a business' reputation, it's not always about the money.  Remember you are dealing with real people behind these businesses and most of them are good folks who will do what they can if possible.

I could be wrong but I have faith in the people in this industry.  They've helped me and the UG out when they've had no real insentive to beyond supporting a good idea.

3/4/13 2:18 AM
DreamerMMA
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

Just another thought.  I don't know how good your contacts are but some teams and gyms may be willing to pitch in a little for the cause if you contact the right fighters and coaches.

Many UFC guys have been known to do fights for charity if the cause is right.

3/4/13 5:53 AM
justinthevikingwren

DreamerMMA -
justinthevikingwren - 
DreamerMMA -

This is a GREAT idea!

I would start with the folks who support the UG and post here.

Tapout, Gladiator Mouthguards, Defense Soap, Six Deuce, Fight Magazine, Fighters Only Magazine, and Dethroned come to mind right off the top of my head.

Go to the home page where it shows all the events and the business members and shoot some emails.

I've also found Kirik is willing to be helpful for the right cause, maybe hit him up.

Dana White has been known to be very generous for the right cause, don't be afraid to shoot a message his way.

You also may want to consider making some patches and seeing what fighters may be able to help out by wearing your patch as a pro bono sponsorship.  I imagine a few guys would wear your patch just to help get word out.  I know the UFC fighters probably couldn't help much due to the steep price of sponsorships in that org but the smaller orgs should be a different story.

Also amateur fighters don't get paid anyway, most of them are happy just to have something on their shorts.

My point is this is an amazing cause.  People want to help but have limited ways to do so.  So some may only be able to help with exposure and advertisement, some may be able to help with basic goods you may need for yourself and the pygmy people like clothing or hygiene products while others may be able to help financially.

Think of what you need, think of who has what you need and how you can approach them with an angle that is good for your cause and benefits them in some way.  Being known as a generous company that helps with charity projects is not the worst thing for a business' reputation, it's not always about the money.  Remember you are dealing with real people behind these businesses and most of them are good folks who will do what they can if possible.

I could be wrong but I have faith in the people in this industry.  They've helped me and the UG out when they've had no real insentive to beyond supporting a good idea.

A LOT of great idea's and DREAMS!

Thanks Dreamers! Phone Post
3/4/13 6:53 AM
Sabaki
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problems in some african nations are sever..

Sweden is a neutral country but we send peace troops out to these countries to help out..

Got to know a former officer who did some time in africa and all he had to say was:

Neutral goes out the window when you have 100 people running with machete towards a village just full of women and children..

Hope you achive your goals...
3/4/13 7:23 AM
justinthevikingwren

Sabaki - The problems in some african nations are sever..

Sweden is a neutral country but we send peace troops out to these countries to help out..

Got to know a former officer who did some time in africa and all he had to say was:

Neutral goes out the window when you have 100 people running with machete towards a village just full of women and children..

Hope you achive your goals...
It's crazy stuff bro... Especially in Eastern Congo.

But, I BELIEVE in it. Phone Post
3/4/13 9:10 AM
KidJustice
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

3/4/13 10:57 AM
justinthevikingwren

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Today Show

3/4/13 10:58 AM
justinthevikingwren

Right This Minute short clip

3/4/13 11:02 AM
justinthevikingwren

TMZ interview (starting at 17:40)

3/4/13 11:03 AM
justinthevikingwren

Jimmy Kimmel calling me a golden retriever

3/4/13 11:11 AM
justinthevikingwren

KidJustice - 

TTT

Your the man bro! Hope you are doing well.

3/4/13 11:14 AM
Quik
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SIX DEUCE, Anti-Douchebaggery
TTT for my homie Justin!! Would be willing to make a t-shirt or something and donate a majority %%%!!!
3/4/13 11:34 AM
justinthevikingwren

Quik - TTT for my homie Justin!! Would be willing to make a t-shirt or something and donate a majority %%%!!!

BRO!!! What about doing a shirt that we can give away as Perks on the IndieGoGO?!?!?!

I've been wanting to do ideas like

Fight For The Forgotten

HOPE and the O being the continent of Africa or a fist like fight for hope.

Great White Sasquatch (which will point people to the youtube and website)

LOVE with the O being the african continent or fist for fight for love...

Pygmy POWA! or Pygmy Project haha or something like that

Would you be willing to donate the shirts so I can give them away to all the donors of a certain price? Maybe do like Six Duece single shirts and a bundle package and it get you publicity to the site... The youtube video is creeping up on 1,000 and about to have a web guy really pushing traffic to the indiegogo maybe... That or getting the UG to get FIRED UP and on board!

You are the man bro... For years now! Thanks! What are your thoughts?

3/4/13 11:43 AM
HandgunFantasy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin!

I just told all the classes about your Skype call on Wed @ 1:40 EST. You would not believe the excitement!!! They are so engaged and can't wait to learn more about the Pygmy's and your fundraiser. I had to share!!! We will be writing the interview questions this afternoon :)

Can't wait for Wednesday !! Email me at levigoron@gmail.com if you need anything :) Phone Post
3/4/13 12:02 PM
Trick or Truth
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
Trick or Truth -
Trick or Truth - Justin you're an inspiration and it is great to have people out there like you. In all honesty in makes me envious of your character and your willingness to help others. Is their a way I can donate money via credit card to your cause? I don't have pay pal.

Scratch that I realised how I was being stupid, I am trying to donate via credit card and keeps saying "There was an error you provided in the information for this donation. Do not honor."
I have checked and checked again and my details are perfect. Any idea what the issue is?
No idea bro! Did it get better for you now? Phone Post

No pal its still not working :/
I'll pop in bank and ask about my credit card, perhaps need to authorise online transactions (although used it online loads.
Sucks because I want to help in whatever small way I can, specially when have someone like you out there putting there time in to go over and work with pygmies.
You're the man Justin.
3/4/13 1:25 PM
mjeezy
665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I shared it and watched all of the vids. Brought me to tears, both sad and joyful.

Those sweet babies ;). You are doing great things for these people and I will support this and spread the word!! Phone Post
3/4/13 1:38 PM
justinthevikingwren

Edited: 03/04/13 1:39 PM

JUST GOT MY FIRST OFFICIAL SPONSOR FOR MY JUNGLE GEAR NEEDS! 

My wrestling coach is a Army Major and he made a call and they already have nearly a thousand dollars of jungle ready gear in the mail to me. 

BLESSED!

3/4/13 1:50 PM
justinthevikingwren

Edited: 03/04/13 2:01 PM
mjeezy -  I shared it and watched all of the vids. Brought me to tears, both sad and joyful.

Those sweet babies ;). You are doing great things for these people and I will support this and spread the word!! Phone Post

Thank you sister! Glad you were moved... Really grateful you are going to help move this thing into action!

3/4/13 1:53 PM
mjeezy
665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol sister :) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.