UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THE POTENTIAL! Harness the power of U... The UG!

3/5/13 4:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
justinthevikingwren
1380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congo: Orphanage fun! from Justin Wren on Vimeo.

More orphanage fun... We got out of there once we heard corrupt government officials were coming to probably bribe us for having fun... GOOFY!

3/5/13 4:33 PM
justinthevikingwren
1380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

staygreenponyboy - 

Truly an inspiration Justin.

Thanks! Help me cast this vision!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fight-for-the-forgotten?c=home

3/5/13 4:33 PM
justinthevikingwren

staygreenponyboy - 

Truly an inspiration Justin.

Thanks! Help me cast this vision!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fight-for-the-forgotten?c=home

3/5/13 5:18 PM
HandgunFantasy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
HandgunFantasy -  https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbtl1i85bv2tke5/QUESTIONSforJUSTIN.docx

Hey!! Above are the questions my class come up with. Let me know if you have any feedback :) Phone Post

GREAT questions bro! We will need to do a test Skype brother an hour or so before it starts! I am going to have a filmaker with me also filming on my end :-)

Thanks Justin.!

I can't believe you will be doing the call from Vegas. That is serious dedication on your end! Thanks so much. My kids couldn't be any more excited.

I can do a test 1 hour before at about 12:40 EST (my time), and the call itself at 1:40 EST.

I think the only thing left to do is add each other on Skype so we can link up easily tomorrow! My username is: LMG-85
If you need to reach me for any reason my email again is levigoron@gmail.com

A little about the set-up on my end: You are being projected on a big screen on the gym stage, sound is being routed through big speakers on stage so you will be quite loud, and we are running an Ethernet cable because the WiFi is terrible in the gym. This was all tested today as well. I'M PUMPED!!
3/5/13 5:23 PM
HandgunFantasy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, I hope Dana can do something to help spread your message!

I say they do a UFC: Prime Time CONGO edition....

In all seriousness, if Dana sends out a few tweets and Joe talks about you during a break between fights in the next PPV, I can see you smashing through your initial goal of 50k.
3/5/13 5:25 PM
mjeezy
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the students getting educated about your mission is awesome!! I would definitely watch the video of that.

Love the vids!! Glad to see those sweet people smiling and being silly. Phone Post
3/5/13 7:43 PM
DreamerMMA
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

Are you going to be in Vegas this weekend?  You plan on going to the NAGA show?

3/5/13 8:43 PM
MoomBah
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those new videos of the kids chasing you are awesome. All the best to you and those kids!

3/5/13 9:55 PM
justinthevikingwren

DreamerMMA -

I'm about to board a plane! Hey DFW said for me to get ahold of him, Chris emailed me and said Dana was gonna get me set up. No contact yet. I have Dana's old number, it might be relevant but I want to respect his busy schedule and the favor he is doing. Can you check with Chris or Kirik for me? Hey... NOW I wanna come to Naga!

SAAAAWEEEET! Phone Post
3/5/13 9:55 PM
justinthevikingwren

MoomBah -

Those new videos of the kids chasing you are awesome. All the best to you and those kids!

Thanks! Phone Post
3/5/13 9:57 PM
justinthevikingwren

HandgunFantasy - Also, I hope Dana can do something to help spread your message!

I say they do a UFC: Prime Time CONGO edition....

In all seriousness, if Dana sends out a few tweets and Joe talks about you during a break between fights in the next PPV, I can see you smashing through your initial goal of 50k.
That would be AMAZING!

200-250k will make 3,000-5,000 former slaves become fully self sufficient and self sustainable! Phone Post
3/5/13 9:57 PM
justinthevikingwren

mjeezy - I think the students getting educated about your mission is awesome!! I would definitely watch the video of that.

Love the vids!! Glad to see those sweet people smiling and being silly. Phone Post
:-) Phone Post
3/5/13 11:40 PM
CClayton
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Craig Quote Phone Post
3/5/13 11:49 PM
CClayton
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Test quote Phone Post
3/6/13 4:42 AM
uniquetechnique
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
mjeezy - I think the students getting educated about your mission is awesome!! I would definitely watch the video of that.

:-) Phone Post

Let me know if you need some Videography when you meet up with Dana or if you need any Video services. I run a Professional Videography company here in Vegas.
3/6/13 4:57 PM
HandgunFantasy

I will write up something in more detail later but I needed to say something quickly.

Justin Wren is an amazing individual. He spent a good 45 mins+ on Skype with the grade 6, 7 and 8 students at my school today and it was nothing short of FANTASTIC and INSPIRATIONAL.

THANK YOU JUSTIN, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! The kids loved you and were so inspired. We will do whatever we can to help.

I will post video ASAP.
3/6/13 5:04 PM
XIII
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep up the good work.
3/6/13 6:58 PM
HandgunFantasy

I just sent the following off to my Principal. He asked me to write something that the Director of Education will share with ALL teachers in the school board via his blog (a weekly email sent to all teachers)

WHO: Justin Wren is a former UFC fighter and was on the reality TV show “The Ultimate Fighter.”
WHAT: Justin has put his professional fight career on hold and travelled to eastern Congo, where he met the Pygmy tribe. Justin heard that this tribe has been treated very unjustly and wanted to help.
WHERE: The Democratic Republic of Congo is in East-Africa and is north of Zambia, and west of Uganda.
WHEN: Very recently, one of the videos Justion posted to Youtube of his trip to Congo went viral. This video shows Congolese children seeing a white man for the first time. It has been viewed almost 800,000 times and was shown on Jimmy Kimmel, TMZ and The Today Show.
WHY: Justin Wren is fighting for the forgotten by spreading the message about what is happening to the Pygmy people. They are some of the most persecuted and disrespected people in the world. They are often enslaved, denied citizenship by their government and sometimes brutally hurt or killed for no reason. The Pygmy tribe is one of the oldest nomadic tribes in the world and they deserve to live lives of peace, dignity and respect.
HOW: On Wednesday, March 6th, 2013, Justin spoke with the grade six, seven and eight students at Charlton via Skype video chat. He spoke about his message and why he is trying to help the Pygmy tribe in Congo. The grade six students prepared some interview questions and led the interview. Justin was an inspiration to us all and helped us understand that everybody deserves to be loved, and one person can truly make a difference in this world. Please visit http://www.fightfortheforgotten.com/ for more information on Justin Wren and his great humanitarian efforts.

3/6/13 7:12 PM
justinthevikingwren

HandgunFantasy - I just sent the following off to my Principal. He asked me to write something that the Director of Education will share with ALL teachers in the school board via his blog (a weekly email sent to all teachers)

WHO: Justin Wren is a former UFC fighter and was on the reality TV show “The Ultimate Fighter.”
WHAT: Justin has put his professional fight career on hold and travelled to eastern Congo, where he met the Pygmy tribe. Justin heard that this tribe has been treated very unjustly and wanted to help.
WHERE: The Democratic Republic of Congo is in East-Africa and is north of Zambia, and west of Uganda.
WHEN: Very recently, one of the videos Justion posted to Youtube of his trip to Congo went viral. This video shows Congolese children seeing a white man for the first time. It has been viewed almost 800,000 times and was shown on Jimmy Kimmel, TMZ and The Today Show.
WHY: Justin Wren is fighting for the forgotten by spreading the message about what is happening to the Pygmy people. They are some of the most persecuted and disrespected people in the world. They are often enslaved, denied citizenship by their government and sometimes brutally hurt or killed for no reason. The Pygmy tribe is one of the oldest nomadic tribes in the world and they deserve to live lives of peace, dignity and respect.
HOW: On Wednesday, March 6th, 2013, Justin spoke with the grade six, seven and eight students at Charlton via Skype video chat. He spoke about his message and why he is trying to help the Pygmy tribe in Congo. The grade six students prepared some interview questions and led the interview. Justin was an inspiration to us all and helped us understand that everybody deserves to be loved, and one person can truly make a difference in this world. Please visit http://www.fightfortheforgotten.com/ for more information on Justin Wren and his great humanitarian efforts.

BRO! Thank you for this! Thank you, thank you! Bro... The students had some INCREDIBLE questions for me man! Phone Post
3/6/13 7:13 PM
justinthevikingwren

saddamhugevein - So much awesomeness in this thread.

I've donated what I can to help. I'll be following this thread closely. Good luck Justin.

Your a god amongst men brother! Phone Post
Thanks for the support brother Phone Post
3/6/13 7:31 PM
DreamerMMA
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
DreamerMMA -

I'm about to board a plane! Hey DFW said for me to get ahold of him, Chris emailed me and said Dana was gonna get me set up. No contact yet. I have Dana's old number, it might be relevant but I want to respect his busy schedule and the favor he is doing. Can you check with Chris or Kirik for me? Hey... NOW I wanna come to Naga!

SAAAAWEEEET! Phone Post

I will be in Vegas Friday and Saturday working the NAGA show.  I live in nearby Death Valley for the winter so it's not far for me. 

I'm not sure how interested NAGA would be but I'll talk to Kipp Kollar when I see him and see if he's interested in helping out at all.  The event will be at the Las Vegas Sports Center on Sunset Blvd, this Saturday.

It would be cool to meet you in Vegas if you have the time.

3/6/13 9:46 PM
justinthevikingwren

DreamerMMA - 
justinthevikingwren - 
DreamerMMA -

SAAAAWEEEET! Phone Post

I will be in Vegas Friday and Saturday working the NAGA show.  I live in nearby Death Valley for the winter so it's not far for me. 

I'm not sure how interested NAGA would be but I'll talk to Kipp Kollar when I see him and see if he's interested in helping out at all.  The event will be at the Las Vegas Sports Center on Sunset Blvd, this Saturday.

I might be in LA... I might be here... 

I'll let you know! Lets connect

iam@justinthevikingwren.com

3/7/13 7:45 AM
DreamerMMA

justinthevikingwren - 
DreamerMMA - 
justinthevikingwren - 
DreamerMMA -

SAAAAWEEEET! Phone Post

I might be in LA... I might be here... 

I'll let you know! Lets connect

iam@justinthevikingwren.com

You have Male.

DreamerMMA@gmail.com

3/7/13 3:58 PM
HandgunFantasy

Here is the Skype interview Justin did with the grade 6, 7 and 8 students at my school. It is quite long but very well done and super inspirational. Justin had a film guy on his end so there will likely be a much better video coming. This is a rough edit I did last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAyfS-6aM8o

(Blue namer please help me embed :)
3/8/13 5:22 AM
DreamerMMA

Here you go.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.