UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THE POTENTIAL! Harness the power of U... The UG!

3/13/13 11:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bebop
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent podcast episode, really cool hearing about life in da jungle.
3/13/13 12:07 PM
peppo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gotta say, without reading much of the stuff Justin has done and only vaguely remembering him on TUF etc, I didn't know what to expect from the podcast.

It was GREAT. One of my favorites for sure, and I've heard em all.
3/13/13 1:10 PM
justinthevikingwren
1002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FIRST BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT! 

3/13/13 3:03 PM
jasonhightower
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats man! I have a feeling this is only the beginning. Phone Post
3/13/13 8:07 PM
jasonhightower
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
3/13/13 9:20 PM
UGCTT_granite007
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just finished watching you on Joe's Podcast, Justin. I enjoyed it immensely. You're a genuine and very likable guy and I wish you nothing but the best my brother.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

3/13/13 10:00 PM
justinthevikingwren
1002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_granite007 -

Just finished watching you on Joe's Podcast, Justin. I enjoyed it immensely. You're a genuine and very likable guy and I wish you nothing but the best my brother.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks! Phone Post
3/13/13 10:45 PM
justinthevikingwren

jasonhightower - Congrats man! I have a feeling this is only the beginning. Phone Post
Only the BEGINNING! Phone Post
3/13/13 11:54 PM
Max Spaff
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apart from your charity pursuits which will change hundreds or even thousands of lives, you were very candid about the hard road you had to follow to get to where you are know.

Joe made a comment along the lines that many people will look to you and think "they want to be like that guy" I couldn't agree more.

Looking forward to the updates over the course of your 12mth trip to the Congo. I really hope you get that modded drone briefcase you mentioned which would allow you Internet access whilst out in the bush. You could do a weekly or bi weekly podcast distributed through iTunes. Plenty of mma human rights and human interest sites/groups/tv shows would pimp the sh1t out of that I think.
3/14/13 2:13 AM
justinthevikingwren

Max Spaff - Apart from your charity pursuits which will change hundreds or even thousands of lives, you were very candid about the hard road you had to follow to get to where you are know.

Joe made a comment along the lines that many people will look to you and think "they want to be like that guy" I couldn't agree more.

Looking forward to the updates over the course of your 12mth trip to the Congo. I really hope you get that modded drone briefcase you mentioned which would allow you Internet access whilst out in the bush. You could do a weekly or bi weekly podcast distributed through iTunes. Plenty of mma human rights and human interest sites/groups/tv shows would pimp the sh1t out of that I think.
Thanks so much for the support, and the suggestions. I really want to do something like that! Phone Post
3/14/13 8:54 AM
yellow wrkahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo - 

Justin, why do you want to bring slavery back?

3/14/13 7:51 PM
Neil McCauley

Edited: 03/14/13 7:52 PM
Justin you absolutely killed it my brotha! great fucking job. Please come back on again after you're back from your mission!

EDIT: Sorry thought this was a joe rogan podcast thread
3/15/13 4:07 AM
TripleBlue Kung-Fu Tiger
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey justin.. Just heard you on the Joe Rogan podcast, and I must say that I enjoyed it very very much.. Hope you get back on the show and tell more stories when you get back from your trip.. Phone Post
3/15/13 6:22 PM
iLL13
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one of the best JRE podcasts/stories in a long while

3/15/13 7:33 PM
sevr1

justinthevikingwren - 
sevr1 - Justin, when the UG did the Chocolate Al shirts it seemed to raise quite a bit of $$ for Dan Millers' son for medical expenses. Would you be interested in doing something like that to help raise $$ for your cause?

I'd be happy to volunteer my time to get this all done if you'd like.
Bro! Let's chat! Tune into JRE because we are going to have a blast and talk about it there at 5pm Pacific Phone Post

Checked out the podcast. Awesome stuff man! And I see you got the shirt thing underway as part of the indiegogo thing, so that's awesome. Let me know when you have the designs up, cause I think we could get some of the on the fence kind of people to get off the fence and donate once they see a nice shirt design.

Glad to see a brother in Christ repping Him well. You are an inspiration.
3/15/13 10:51 PM
jasonhightower

Just listened to the podcast today on my drive back to Fort Worth.  Incredible story...  My 14 year old son now has a homework assignment this weekend to listen to it.  

3/19/13 3:29 PM
DiscipleDojo
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Prismacolor Sensei

Exceprt from an old blog post where Justin and I first connected...and realized our mutual UG connection in the process:

Prayer with a Viking

Here’s the fun part–as soon as I told Justin what I did, he said “Wait, you’re the guy who’s posted stuff online on the UG right? I’ve got your thread right here on my phone!”

He pulled out his iPhone and opened the link and there was my work!

It turned out he’d been showing my art to someone recently and really liked it!

So we spent about an hour talking about fighting, MMA artwork, Discipleship and what all he had been doing the past year. Justin just got back from traveling around Africa with a Christian ministry speaking and working with remote villages, many of which had never heard the Gospel before.

We talked about Christians in the world of MMA and how for some, what they proclaim with their lips isn’t always evident in their lives. Justin has a desire to be legitimately used by God and to grow in his faith, using his athletic gifting to be an example to others of the transformative power of the Gospel.

...[continue reading]

So happy to see his passion for those in need and his ability to transcend petty divisions usually caused by anything related to faith/religion in the public arena. Everyone can see the good in what he's trying to do and it's great seeing it bear fruit!

Keep fighting for the forgotten, Justin!

3/20/13 8:59 PM
HandgunFantasy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Justin Phone Post
3/22/13 7:09 PM
HandgunFantasy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Today a local newspaper contacted me and wants to write an article about Justin and his talk with my students (and our fundraising efforts).

:) Phone Post
3/23/13 7:13 PM
justinthevikingwren

HandgunFantasy - Today a local newspaper contacted me and wants to write an article about Justin and his talk with my students (and our fundraising efforts).

YES!!!!! Phone Post
4/5/13 11:39 AM
HandgunFantasy

justinthevikingwren -
HandgunFantasy - Today a local newspaper contacted me and wants to write an article about Justin and his talk with my students (and our fundraising efforts).

YES!!!!! Phone Post
One student ran to me today with the newspaper. They wrote a small article that went out in today's newspaper :) I will scan it when I get home.

TTT for Justin ! Phone Post 3.0
4/5/13 3:19 PM
justinthevikingwren

HandgunFantasy -
justinthevikingwren -

YES!!!!! Phone Post
One student ran to me today with the newspaper. They wrote a small article that went out in today's newspaper :) I will scan it when I get home.

TTT for Justin ! Phone Post 3.0
Sweet bro! Thanks! Phone Post
4/10/13 5:49 PM
Rear Naked Chode
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt only 4 days left.
4/10/13 7:24 PM
justinthevikingwren

Rear Naked Chode - Ttt only 4 days left.
BOOMSHAKALAKA Phone Post
4/12/13 7:40 AM
HandgunFantasy

Have you contributed yet?? Time is running out. Lets do this. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.