UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 145er needed next Sat in Halifax, NS

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/2/13 11:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

I was just contacted a few minutes ago by Boyd Sharpe, producer of the Canadian televsion reality series Cubicle to the Cage. They need a 145er to fight next Sat in Halifax, NS. Nova Scotia does not allow ammy MMA, pro only, but the opponent has only a year of training.

--
From the desk of Boyd Sharpe

One of the key fighters we've been following for this show lost his opponent yesterday. The fights are on March 9th in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

We really need a 145er for this guy. Steve Goodfellow is a 41 year old accountant with exactly one year of MMA training.

Here is his bio from www.cubicletothecage.com

Steve “the Calculator” Goodfellow
Current Weight: 158  Target Fighting Weight: 145
Profession/Employer:  Vice President, Valuation & Business Modelling, Ernst & Young LLP
Follow Steve on Twitter: @theCalculator
Bio: A born and raised Haligonian, I studied business administration at the University of New Brunswick, later completing my Chartered Accountant and Chartered Business Valuator designations; foolishly believing adding letters behind my last name would distract people from ribbing me over it.  The second child in a string of three boys and a girl, I come from the strongest of families.  Six years ago I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel disease with no cure and within a few short months I was shredded!  At less than a hulking 120 pounds I had my entire colon, appendix and rectum removed (too much information?) and was left with an ileostomy.  All of a sudden, I wasn’t able to do basic things like go swimming, take my shirt off in public, play any contact sports, or lie on my side or stomach.  Martial arts was something I had always been fascinated with and had always put off until next year.   Eighteen months and two more surgeries later and the doctors were able to “reverse” the ileostomy.  When I saw the invitation for the Cubicle to the Cage tryouts, I immediately recalled what I would have given for an opportunity to try something like this out a few years ago and I just knew I had to give it a shot.

Reason I want to be a fighter:  I absolutely love this sport!  Having been a fan from its early days, witnessing its extraordinary continuous ongoing evolution, I crave the opportunity to quietly win over a cynic or two who view the sport as solely brutal and violent while missing the appreciation for its overwhelming technical skill requirements, cerebral aspects, and deserved recognition as the sport that demands the most athletic and highly conditioned athletes in the world.  That and its another reflection of my bi-polar condition and provides me with an outlet for mood swings and fits of rage that are apparently unacceptable in the office and board room…

--

If anyone is game in taking a fight that will be on national Canadian tv on short notice, please contact the promoter Peter Martell pmartell@extremecagecombat.ca

I have met these guys and been to their fight show and they do a great job.

3/2/13 11:56 AM
albinorhino
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I work with a skinny guy, but he is 165. Should look for kids 13-15 for someone 145.
Good luck! Phone Post
3/2/13 12:05 PM
govols6911
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I was in any shape at all I would do it. Seems like this guy had busted his tail to get ready, sucks to not have an opponent. I hope they find somebody. Phone Post
3/2/13 12:08 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for da mafuggin Calculator Phone Post
3/2/13 12:29 PM
StevetheWeasel
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn.

I'd be in if it wouldn't cost me 1300 bucks to get there.

Best wishes on finding something.
3/2/13 12:30 PM
Root12
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll do it of someone wants to fly me there from California... and he will meet me at 155. Phone Post
3/2/13 12:52 PM
beekman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there pay involved? Phone Post
3/2/13 12:55 PM
Rudi

Dangit if i was pro i would do it! Phone Post
3/2/13 1:02 PM
macblack

Does it pay and how much Phone Post
3/2/13 1:19 PM
Naderhood
970 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik, I have a guy who just fought last night and took no damage, is already in shape and can make weight no problem. If interested let me know, you know we're just a short flight from NS.

PS-I didn't read all the OP so I don't know if there's contact info there or not but I will look after I post this Phone Post
3/2/13 1:23 PM
Neil McCauley

Im about 185 at 7 percent body fat, so I could make 170 by next week. Ive been training jiu jitsu for a 10 years, use to beat up all my way bigger buddies in back yard boxing fights as a kid. Ive been in a lot of street fights. I have close relatives in proffessional sports and my athleticism is off the charts. I may just brutally ko the fellow with a flying knee seconds into the round like JZ Cal did in heros a few years back. I dont even care about compensation, Ive been meaning to go kickit with jordan breen for years. Just pay for my flight and the room the stay.
3/2/13 1:39 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
4110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's my man Jay Haas? He's always down for a tussle! Phone Post
3/2/13 1:50 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Help Kirk out friends!
3/2/13 1:50 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kirik
3/2/13 2:20 PM
NastyChase
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill do it at 150..if everything is paid for. Let me know asap cuz i need bloodwork done Phone Post
3/2/13 2:26 PM
Kirik
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Naderhood -  Kirik, I have a guy who just fought last night and took no damage, is already in shape and can make weight no problem. If interested let me know, you know we're just a short flight from NS.

PS-I didn't read all the OP so I don't know if there's contact info there or not but I will look after I post this Phone Post

Email info to pmartell@extremecagecombat.ca

I drive up there pretty regularly, but takes like 11 hours. Still haven't seen a moose, but saw a fox and a white rabbit the last time.

3/2/13 2:37 PM
donkeykongfist

Try reaching Matt Ricehouse. He's currently unemployed. Phone Post
3/2/13 2:55 PM
Triple_B
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would fight in a heartbeat if I didn't have to pay my way up there.
3/2/13 3:01 PM
Jay Haas
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - Where's my man Jay Haas? He's always down for a tussle! Phone Post
Haha just saw the thread Phone Post
3/2/13 3:03 PM
Louisvillain
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll get in a time machine and go back to 1992 when I was 145 lbs.  I'll sign any waiver.

I'll buy my own plane tickets and open a UG Paypal account for potential donations towards the time machine rental.

Anyways, I'll donate some money towards the flight to help a warrior chase his dream.

3/2/13 3:07 PM
Jay Haas
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So there is no travel Phone Post
3/2/13 3:47 PM
Dougie
1306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone contacted Canario?

3/2/13 3:58 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
4110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jay Haas -
UGCTT_El Pescadero - Where's my man Jay Haas? He's always down for a tussle! Phone Post
Haha just saw the thread Phone Post
Bust him up my man!! Phone Post
3/2/13 4:04 PM
kill joy
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik? you drive to halifax regularly? Lets get drunk.
3/2/13 4:06 PM
JustPeed
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he gets an opponent but also hope they are able to find someone who is at the same(ish) level of training and experience as 'The Calculator ' an ammy looking to go pro or something.

Would be rough if due to having to fill the fight late they have to put an experienced beast in there with the Guy who's literally gone from the cubicle to the cage.

Good luck to all involved. Is there a way for people outside of Canada to view the fight or show? Sounds like a very cool concept.

If the show has past seasons, how have the cubicle to the cage guys done? Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.