UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Daniel Strauss arrested - ecstasty, pot, etc.

3/2/13 11:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UltimatePower
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator fighter Daniel Straus was arrested on four traffic and drug charges on Friday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the 28-year-old's arrest with the Broward Sheriff's Public Information Office.

According to arrest records, Straus was charged with driving on a suspended license, possession of cannabis of more than 20 grams, possession of MDMA/ecstasy, and use or possession of drug paraphernalia. An official was unable to provide additional information and said a spokesperson would be available on Monday during regular office hours.

Straus currently is being held in the North Broward Bureau detention facility in Pompano Beach, according to the sheriff's website. His bond for the four charges is set at $2,200.

Straus (21-4 MMA, 7-1 BFC), a Cincinnati native who's recently been training with American Top Team in Coconut Creek, won Bellator's Season 6 featherweight tournament in 2012. He was slated to fight featherweight champion Pat Curran in April at Bellator 95, but the challenger was forced off the card earlier this week due to a broken hand. Fellow tournament winner Shahbulat Shamhalaev ultimately took his spot while Straus recovers.

Bellator officials were not immediately available for comment when contacted by MMAjunkie.com.
3/2/13 11:37 AM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this real life? Phone Post
3/2/13 11:37 AM
Brigham
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a fuckin fool. Phone Post
3/2/13 11:38 AM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/02/13 11:38 AM
lol @ "ecstasy, pot, etc" like there's a big long list of similar stuff. that's all of it, except for the "paraphernalia" which is probably just a pipe for smoking the bud in. all that shit should be legal. dude was probably just hitting the clubs for the weekend.
3/2/13 11:43 AM
UltimatePower
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - lol @ "ecstasy, pot, etc" like there's a big long list of similar stuff. that's all of it, except for the "paraphernalia" which is probably just a pipe for smoking the bud in. all that shit should be legal. dude was probably just hitting the clubs for the weekend.

Didn't have any characters to write any more. Just threw in etc. to let people know there was more.
I'm not anti-drug or anything like that.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
3/2/13 11:44 AM
Dana Van Gogh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh no. So talented damn Phone Post
3/2/13 11:45 AM
morse
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad news :(

3/2/13 11:47 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drugs are bad, mmm kay?
3/2/13 11:49 AM
caposa
1834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly shouldn't even be illegal in the first place, but he fucked up

bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - lol @ "ecstasy, pot, etc" like there's a big long list of similar stuff. that's all of it, except for the "paraphernalia" which is probably just a pipe for smoking the bud in. all that shit should be legal. dude was probably just hitting the clubs for the weekend.

Yeah, but the problem is that it is illegal. He's in the prime of his career. Why even take the chance? I don't want to hear that everyone is doing it, blah, blah, blah. I hope it doesn't cost him in Bellator.
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

You don't think ecstacy should be illegal?
3/2/13 11:53 AM
whoabro

Dumb move on his part, hope bellator can help him get off as easy as possible Phone Post
3/2/13 11:56 AM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache -
caposa - 

I don't think any drug should be illegal over 18 Phone Post
3/2/13 11:57 AM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
caposa - 

Psychopharmacologists are starting to experiment with ingredients in ecstasy to treat people with severe depression and anxiety. It does seem to also serve society like pot does, it's just in it's infancy and obviously needs a hell of a lot of revision. And although they can't legally tell you it, most doctors will admit off-the-record that a night out drinking is far worse for you than a night on an ecstasy tablet. 

Having said that, I don't take them myself. Just not my thing.  

3/2/13 11:59 AM
UltimatePower

Think Bellator will get rid of him? Although he has a title shot waiting for him, he has a broken hand and quite a few charges. Might not be worth it now that they are getting more exposure and don't want the bad press. It's also their first major arrest of any fighter.

Although they did employ Brett Rogers.
3/2/13 11:59 AM

caseharts - 
caposa - 

Bath salts and PCP as well?
3/2/13 12:01 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bingo. He's 30-years old (yeah, I looked it up). I partied my ass off from 18-28 or so. He was heading out to party, couldn't fight and took the mis-fortune of a broken hand to go cut loose. Big whoop.

He probably won't get more than probation if those all the charges. Traffic stuff...meh. An ounce or so of weed. The Ecstasy is the only big issue.

Charles Bronsons Stache - I used to sell it before it went illegal. It went illegal on July 1, 1985. Prior to that I used to wear a white t-shirt with an "X" emblazoned on it in spray paint to the clubs. White mohawk. Pupils the size of dinner plates. Dancing my ass off. Sold every pill, every night.

Looking back on it, it's probably best Ecstasy is illegal. That much fun should not be allowed. ;)
3/2/13 12:01 PM
caseharts

caseharts - 
caposa - 

Everything. Phone Post
3/2/13 12:02 PM
palmmute
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only thing I didn't really agree with is driving with a suspended license. Phone Post
3/2/13 12:02 PM

JBASS - 
caposa - 

Psychopharmacologists are starting to experiment with ingredients in ecstasy to treat people with severe depression and anxiety. It does seem to also serve society like pot does, it's just in it's infancy and obviously needs a hell of a lot of revision. And although they can't legally tell you it, most doctors will admit off-the-record that a night out drinking is far worse for you than a night on an ecstasy tablet. 

Yea but the problem is that many people dont take oure "mdma" they take a pill laced with a bunch of shit that can kill you.
I took a bad batch before, and my heart felt like it was going to rip out out of my chest. Never again for me.
3/2/13 12:03 PM

caseharts - 
caseharts - 
caposa - 

Everything. Phone Post

Hmm thats pretty extreme bro, people are crazy enough as is.
I would like to to see pot legalized though.
3/2/13 12:06 PM
Cold shoulder
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that sucks. I met him at the ufc in seattle, cool dude. And his girl was fine. Phone Post
3/2/13 12:08 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS - 
caposa - 

Uh...Ecstacy has been around since at least the '80's. Therapists (psychologist/psychiatrists) in Austin, Texas used to treat their patients with it for a variety of issues. It did not even come from the pharmacy. It was a legal drug, no Rx necessary.

Maybe currrently it is being re-examined in a more serious manner?

I no longer do anything but MJ, but back in the day, I was in the Black Market pharmaceuticals supply chain. I also went to SWTSU in San Marcos, which was about 25-minutes south of Austin.

And we weren't experimenting with drugs, we were into full-on research.
3/2/13 12:11 PM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS - 
caposa - 

Yea but the problem is that many people dont take oure "mdma" they take a pill laced with a bunch of shit that can kill you.
I took a bad batch before, and my heart felt like it was going to rip out out of my chest. Never again for me.

I agree with you there, people aren't making the stuff in a chemistry lab. I used to have mates who 'cooked' and they'd talk about every time they'd make a batch and someone would have to be the guinea pig. I remember hearing a story of one occasion where they'd mixed a batch so potent that the guy was nearly having epileptic fits, they thought he was going to die. They tied him to a bed and left him alone so as they wouldn't have to think about it. Apparently he came around about 3 hours later. 

I'm not sure I could ever be a guinea pig for that sorta thing. Almost seems like a game of Russian Roulette. 

3/2/13 12:11 PM
HexRei

JBASS - 
caposa - 

Under any reasonable legalization it would be controlled and regulated (as alcohol, tobacco, and pharmaceuticals are), and you wouldn't be any more likely to be getting a bad pill than you would be to get a bunk tylenol or a laced beer because they would be produced by major industry players instead of chemistry major dropouts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.