UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Kt tape

3/2/13 5:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
imkeithhernandez
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone use it?...I've got a hamstring pull that won't go away..I've done Rice for a bit and a massage therapy session. They both helped a bit but times running out BC I have a race in a few weeks.I'm hoping this tape will do the job in the interim...Anyone have any experience with it or alternative
advice for me? Phone Post
3/6/13 11:33 AM
Taku
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never used this tape but have both pulled, and torn hamstrings (no fun either way). Unfortunately, the best thing you can do for a pulled hamstring is REST. You may not be ready for a race no matter what you do.

TAKU

3/6/13 11:57 AM
imkeithhernandez
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Taku Phone Post
3/6/13 3:30 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As always, I'd recommend Active Release Treatment for any soft tissue problem. It's been instrumental in keeping me in the game the past few years. The athletes I've sent to my guy have all raved about it too.
3/6/13 6:51 PM
rpribyl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hear a lot of mixed reviews as far kt tape goes. Hear a lot of people saying it's just a placebo, but then again if you can trick your mind into feeling like you're ok, and it doesn't hurt you more, why not give it a shot? Phone Post
3/6/13 7:55 PM
imkeithhernandez

Meh its a bit better with the tape but not overly spectacular Phone Post
3/6/13 10:48 PM
rpribyl

imkeithhernandez - Meh its a bit better with the tape but not overly spectacular Phone Post
That's usually the general response. Oh well never gave to buy it again Phone Post
3/7/13 9:31 AM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imkeithhernandez -  Meh its a bit better with the tape but not overly spectacular Phone Post

I'm telling you. Find a provider (I'd recommend at least a Masters cert and being certified for extremities obviously) at www.activerelease.com. Your MLB career would have been extended had you had ART around at the time. ;)

I'm coming off my second session yesterday after partially tearing an ankle ligament and tearing my tibialis posterior muscle (in your calf). I was on crutches for weeks. I almost have my complete range of motion back. After my first treatment a week ago, I was able to run again (albeit more slowly and with less grace) and do load bearing uphill hikes. I only sustained my injury 5 weeks ago.
3/7/13 12:43 PM
imkeithhernandez

Active release for hamstring on YouTube looks legit...I'd love to try that Phone Post
3/7/13 1:07 PM
Adventure Runner

^ It's usually covered by insurance the same as chiro care. ^
3/10/13 12:00 PM
imkeithhernandez

Thanks for the input guys..is rather have a broken leg..then I'd at least know when its healed Phone Post
3/10/13 12:03 PM
rpribyl

I hear you man, in rehabbing my back right now, and it would be nice to just know when to start squatting again you know? Lol Phone Post
3/10/13 6:28 PM
HERTSWENIP
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask Ryan Gracie (see his fight with Saku)
3/17/13 8:33 AM
Gu31232

Works like a band aid, when someone tells a kid that a band aid will ease pain, they usually stop whining when the band aid gets put on. I think the KT tape works similarly, more mental than anything. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.