UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I Tempted Fate Fighting Wanderlei In Japan - Stann

3/3/13 5:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm obviously heartbroken. It was a good, tough fight, and I abandoned my plan a little bit by getting overaggressive.

"I think the fact that I hurt him early multiple times, it made me get overaggressive, leaving me susceptible to what he's best at, which is throwing a hard, overhand right."

"I think maybe I tempted fate a little bit by signing to meet Wanderlei in Japan, and it was just his night. My hat's off to him. He's one of the greatest fighters, ever, and I'm proud to be a part of his legacy."

From Mmajunkie.com

Classy fucker. Phone Post
3/3/13 6:33 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing for stann to feel bad about.

Many, many MANY great warriors went down like that vs Wandi. Phone Post
3/3/13 7:27 AM
UGCTT_Shope
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Stann more and more after every fight, win or lose. Phone Post
3/3/13 7:27 AM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Class fucking act! Huge fan. Phone Post
3/3/13 7:46 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Hope they don't cut B Stann but its difficult to see where he goes from here. Phone Post
3/3/13 8:01 AM
Ghost of Retard
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Stann, that performance was leaps and bounds so much better than some of the guys pulling out wins lately.

Sure he lost, but he went to war with Wandy to entertain us. And he will forever have my respect.

I hold him above all the point fighters, Hope Dana takes care of him. Phone Post
3/3/13 8:06 AM
SonnendbySilva
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Hope they don't cut B Stann but its difficult to see where he goes from here. Phone Post
No way will they cut him. U put on shows and you'll be fine. Phone Post
3/3/13 8:09 AM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Shope - I love Stann more and more after every fight, win or lose. Phone Post
Stann vs Lombard IMO Phone Post
3/3/13 8:21 AM
UGCTT_Shope
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Hope they don't cut B Stann but its difficult to see where he goes from here. Phone Post
Difficult to see where he goes from here? Back to MW fighting top contenders.

He's arguably a top 10 MW, and has only lost to Bisping and Sonnen there, no shame in that. Phone Post
3/3/13 8:29 AM
JunkieDog

Outlaw'd by Lytle -  Hope they don't cut B Stann but its difficult to see where he goes from here. Phone Post

Seriously? B Stann? I know Anik said it last night but just let that shit die, will you, please?!
3/3/13 10:07 AM
PJ Benn Fan
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stann was awesome last night.
Probably earned a bunch of future fights with that performance! Phone Post
3/3/13 10:09 AM
mixedmartialmike

How can you not like this guy? Phone Post
3/3/13 10:10 AM
Authority Figure

It's also important to note that Silva will be done soon. This is the way to go out - on top. So, it was a good treat for him and his team.

3/3/13 10:55 AM
ortman166

Rabid Bunyip -
UGCTT_Shope - I love Stann more and more after every fight, win or lose. Phone Post
Stann vs Lombard IMO Phone Post
This Phone Post
3/3/13 10:58 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if they just want him for Fuel and Fox commentary he isn't getting cut. He's incredibly entertaining to watch and valuable for his image as well. Phone Post
3/3/13 11:05 AM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't be the only guy that became MORE of a Stann fan with that fight.

For our entertainment, he went in and intentionally or not, fought Wandy's fight. 

And it was spectacular.

He probably could have won a more tactical bout, but chose to get down and rock with The Axe Murderer. 

I'll watch Stann fight any time they put him on a card. 

3/3/13 11:09 AM
Ronin_jutsuka
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tatakai Fightwear, President
GoldMedaLInTapping(R) - Class fucking act! Huge fan. Phone Post
Yep. Phone Post
3/3/13 11:13 AM
NomoRomophobia
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stud and all class! Phone Post
3/3/13 11:21 AM
Warriormmd
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's fights like this that are sad to name a loser. Phone Post
3/3/13 11:41 AM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huey Freeman -  Stann made a lot of fans tonight, I'm sure the Japanese appreciated the heart he showed, and willingness to give them an old school fight.

Most guys these days would have gone the schaub route to guarantee a win by basically stopping an actual fight happening and restraining opponents against the cage or floor, Stann is too classy for that.

Was a big fan before but now an even bigger one, shows that even in defeat you can show yourself to be a true winner. Phone Post

Well said and voted up.

3/3/13 11:54 AM
crumbs
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian "I make most fighters look like a bunch of scared pussies" Stann.
3/3/13 12:15 PM
newjack900
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would rather watch Stann go out on his shield in a fight I will never forget over a lot of these point fighters and decision masters whose wins seem to all blur together in a forgettable abyss. My hats off to Stann.
3/3/13 12:30 PM
Barbalos

Great fight, both guys were awesome.
3/3/13 12:37 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

although the barfight aspects of the fight were risky and exciting, he was kod during the technical portion of the fight, he wasnt throwing at the time, his hands were up and silva hit him just right, thru his guard

3/3/13 12:37 PM
Looking49inchers
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stann took a fight 20 lbs above his weight class against the most violent fighter the sport has ever seen in Japan where Silva is practically a god. I don't know how many guys turned this fight down, but Stann didn't. He went out on his shield like the warrior he is. I have an immense amount of respect for that man. 

Thank you Brian Stann for your dedication to your country, to the people and to the fans of the greatest sport on Earth. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.