UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diego: I want to be the 1st to beat both Diaz bros

3/3/13 12:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Diego Sanchez beat Takanori Gomi at UFC on Fuel 8 in Japan, via a spilt decision (see below). The judge's call raised some eyebrows, including those of UFC president Dana White who tweeted “How the f--- did Diego win that fight!? Crazy s---”.

In his defense, Sanchez was coming off a year long layoff due to injury, dropped to welterweight, was fighting on the other side of the planet from home, and, was fighting Takanori Gomi.

Sanchez with Fuel TV after the bout’s conclusion.

“I feel fortunate to be off the injury list and back in the Octagon doing what I love,” said Sanchez. “I don’t think this victory was given to me, I think I earned it.”

When asked who he wanted next, Sanchez was direct.

“Nate Diaz,” he said. “I want to be the first one to say I beat both the Diaz brothers. I got the big brother, I want the little one next.”

What do you think UG? Do you want to see Diego vs. Diaz? And who do you think would win?

3/3/13 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TX_432
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, fireworks. Phone Post
3/3/13 12:44 PM
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see no way he beats Nate Diaz at this point in his career. Nick also beats him in a rematch. Phone Post
3/3/13 12:45 PM
Malvert the Janitor
935 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta hand it to Diego. He ain't no bitch. Phone Post
3/3/13 12:51 PM
Rookie Fighter

I like the call out, he's never afraid Phone Post
3/3/13 12:52 PM
kinson

Ip Man 81 - I see no way he beats Nate Diaz at this point in his career. Nick also beats him in a rematch. Phone Post
Nick shill. Phone Post
3/3/13 12:53 PM
HandyDarsh
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he should have to prove himself against someone like Varner first, work his way up. Phone Post
3/3/13 12:54 PM
SickEyeDiaz
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nates win over Gomi was the very definition of one-sided. He lights Diego up any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

3/3/13 12:54 PM
Ip Man 81

HandyDarsh - I think he should have to prove himself against someone like Varner first, work his way up. Phone Post
Varner would actually be a good fight Phone Post
3/3/13 12:58 PM
The_R
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gomi must have hurt Diego worse than I thought. Nate would absolutely destroy him, hell maybe even end his career. That being said I would love to see Diego go out in a blaze of glory albeit going out cold. Phone Post
3/3/13 1:00 PM
The_R
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - I think he should have to prove himself against someone like Varner first, work his way up. Phone Post
Makes the most sense but UFC will probably give it to him since they seem to love call outs and they could sell it pretty well if they act like Diego is still in his prime. Phone Post
3/3/13 1:06 PM
Veeznutzz

The first fight with Nick was another decision gift. Phone Post
3/3/13 1:08 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was hoping they had him n nate fight next I think nate has his way aftee this performance. Phone Post
3/3/13 1:10 PM
SingleTMat
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/03/13 1:10 PM
My first thought was "What the hell is Diego doing calling out a contender after a loss? Oh... wait..."
3/3/13 1:10 PM
Sam9104
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never seen Diego in such bad shape. Nate would probably finish him.
3/3/13 1:17 PM
sodigthisbigcrux
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

needs to change his nick name to the Dreamer...both Nick and Nate would tool Diego now....

3/3/13 1:37 PM
BetJits
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick beat him the first time. Another bull shit decision. Phone Post
3/3/13 1:41 PM
da Vinci 81
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If diego fights tentative like last night he would lose, but if he went after him like he did with nick and like how he usually does he can beat him. Would be a great fight.
3/3/13 1:46 PM
FunkMasterJoe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Veeznutzz - The first fight with Nick was another decision gift. Phone Post
It's been while since I saw this fight, was an amazing fight, close, but I thought it was oretty clear Diego won. I'll have to check it out again. Phone Post
3/3/13 1:47 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In an age where people are fagging out of any fight they might lose and laying all over people to get a cheap W, it's kind of refreshing to hear a fighter say whatever pops into his head, and call out top comp.

Diego just doesn't give a damn...and I like it.

Phone Post
3/3/13 1:49 PM
Kunu

I think Diego should have to beat Kampman and Gomi first. Phone Post
3/3/13 1:53 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - I see no way he beats Nate Diaz at this point in his career. Nick also beats him in a rematch. Phone Post
Came to say exactly this. Diego has had some amazing fight in his career but he's at the tail end. Nick and Nate are at the top of the food chain in their careers right now and both of them would whoop that ass. Phone Post
3/3/13 1:56 PM
mclay
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
3/3/13 1:56 PM
MisterFixit
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like this fight.
3/3/13 2:07 PM
HiHu

Lol at the fact everyone's hating on Diego for winning with a split decision...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.