UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mark Hunt salary! Really?

3/3/13 7:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
simsin
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just checked and found that ufc 127/135/144 makr is said to have made 6K to show and 6K to win.
I realize he won some KOTN bonuses and perhaps the infamous locker bonus (well probably never know) but those arent guaranteed.

Curious to see what the salaries will say for the ufc on fuel.
3/3/13 7:27 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well to be honest when he came over he wasn't exactly worth a whole lot with his 4 fight losing streak. Maybe he has gotten a new contract since but if he hasn't that's probably why
3/3/13 7:27 PM
TheCrow13
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His contract is a roll over from pride Phone Post
3/3/13 7:32 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark`s contract had 3 fights left on it.He has fought in the UFC 5 times.

3/3/13 7:33 PM
unfilter
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazy if true.

iirc UFC offered to just buy out his contract but hunt was all, nah bra; i'll bang.  got kimura'd by mc'cork and then straight bungalow'd 4 in a row. 

just cuz he'd rather fight than...not fight.

3/3/13 7:34 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheCrow13 -  His contract is a roll over from pride Phone Post

Dana said awhile back Hunt was offered all his $$$ from his Pride contract and he could just walk away with it but Hunt said no I want to earn my money.
3/3/13 7:34 PM
simsin
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping got KOd by Jesus - 

Mark`s contract had 3 fights left on it.He has fought in the UFC 5 times.

if this is accurate then his new contract is almost the same as the old?
3/3/13 7:35 PM
simsin

LOAN VIPER -  He made 6/6 yesterday???? Phone Post

numbers arent out yet
3/3/13 7:37 PM
TheCrow13
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous -

Dana said awhile back Hunt was offered all his $$$ from his Pride contract and he could just walk away with it but Hunt said no I want to earn my money.
I live this story. Very inspiring Phone Post
3/3/13 7:38 PM
Willin
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - 

Straight up gangster. It's hard to not be a fan.

If his Pride contract really was 3 more fights when he fought in the UFC then he probably renewed with a decent UFC contract after that period of time since he had a few wins.

3/3/13 7:41 PM
Flyers179
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simsin -
LOAN VIPER -  He made 6/6 yesterday???? Phone Post

numbers arent out yet
And they never will be. It took place in Japan, no state athletic commission to release the figures. Phone Post
3/3/13 7:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty rare for Pride guys to have contracts like that, right? Phone Post
3/3/13 7:44 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/03/13 7:46 PM

I just read it today that Mark had 3 fights left on his Pride contract.Whatever happened after that...I have no clue.

"The UFC acquired Hunt's contract when it purchased the PRIDE Fighting Championship in 2007. It's no secret that UFC president Dana White had little interest in Hunt, who had lost five fights in a row in PRIDE when the UFC bought the company.
Hunt had three fights remaining on the contract that the UFC purchased, and White was willing to buy out the deal and let Hunt walk. Hunt, though, wasn't so willing."
3/3/13 7:48 PM
SBSD

And if you look at the source for that $6000 you will see that they say they have no idea what his salary is so they used the UFC minimum.

Dana White said in a video blog at one point Mark Hunt had signed a new contract after completing the Pride contract.
3/3/13 8:16 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO
I'm sure he gets locker room bonuses Phone Post
3/3/13 8:24 PM
mofomike
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He earns a lot more then 6/6 Phone Post
3/3/13 8:25 PM
rockfists

Lahzerous -

Fucking awesome. Phone Post
3/3/13 8:28 PM
Warriormmd
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfilter -

crazy if true.

iirc UFC offered to just buy out his contract but hunt was all, nah bra; i'll bang.  got kimura'd by mc'cork and then straight bungalow'd 4 in a row. 

just cuz he'd rather fight than...not fight.

Haha extremely well put Phone Post
3/3/13 8:28 PM
cdmontgo
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source? I don't believe this. It costs more than $6k to fly him and his corner to/from the fight.
3/3/13 8:36 PM
Dean Lamb

I thought I overheard a UFC vet say once that they have to buy their own way to and from fights. Maybe they vet reimbursed though? Phone Post
3/3/13 8:42 PM
MMA Architect

His current contract could not possibly be at that rate... he'd have to be at least 12/12 after going 2-1 in is first 3 UFC fights carried over from Pride.
I mean, they resigned him. That right there would suggest a better rate than the 6/6 common to UFC fighters with their first contract... No? Phone Post
3/3/13 9:11 PM
CindyO

ChokeEmOut -  That would barely cover his plane ticket from New Zealand. Damn Phone Post

He doesn't pay that Zuffa does for him and at least one second/corner person. They also pay per diem, accomodations, and transportation.

Cindy

3/3/13 9:15 PM
CindyO

Dean Lamb -  I thought I overheard a UFC vet say once that they have to buy their own way to and from fights. Maybe they vet reimbursed though? Phone Post

Zuffa makes (and pays for) the travel arrangements, books the hotels, and arranges transportation between the airport and wherever else they are scheduled to be. Which vet are you referring to, if you don't mind me asking?

Cindy

3/3/13 9:23 PM
Mongo Lloyd
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Hunt makes a LOT more than 6/6.

How could you guys possibly believe this? Better yet, who the fuck would actually think for a second that Mark would fight for that little?
3/3/13 9:26 PM
cycklops
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does he possess the most walk off knockouts?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.