UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stephens signs new 4-bout contract

3/4/13 9:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC featherweight Jeremy Stephens has re-upped his contract with the UFC for four more fights prior to his UFC 160 bout against Estevan Payan.

Even though he is on a three-fight skid, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight turned featherweight Jeremy Stephens has signed a new four-fight contract with the organization.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) journalist Damon Martin of Bleacher Report tweeted the news on Friday (March. 1, 2013).

While the length of the contract was released, the financial terms remain unknown.

read entire article...

3/4/13 11:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

glad to hear. Jeremy's an exciting fighter and good guy.

3/4/13 11:24 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Large Fun Bags -  good for him Phone Post

^

3/4/13 11:25 AM
RickStorm
1699 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Good to hear.. errr read! Jeremy's been one of my favorite fighter to watch fight  ever since he ran into the cage after victory =)

3/4/13 11:32 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Doom - 4 fights if he wins, not if he loses.

Remember how these Zuffa slave contracts work.

You think if he gets knocked out 3 times and is 0-6 they are gonna give him a 7th crack just for shits and giggles?

So far all 3 of your post you have made this morning in threads have been negative. Go back to lurking please.
3/4/13 11:51 AM
Lahzerous

Dr Doom - I am terribly sorry to have upset your noble sensibilities Lahzerous.

But I'm not wrong. Just like I wasn't wrong when I said Joe Rogan is biased and the commentary team of Anik/Florian is bad. Everyone already knows that.

Are you upset with me or upset with reality?

I like Jeremy Stephens and would be happy if he was guaranteed 4 more fights. Honestly. Just pointing out that this is almost certainly not the case.

Unlike others on here, I do not shill for Zuffa.

I don't like fighters - the guys who entertain us - being shafted just so billionaires can line their pockets some more.

But hey, I guess that makes me negative in the eyes of the pathetic sycophants who inhabit this forum.

Feel better?

3/4/13 11:55 AM
trolltimate
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - 
Dr Doom - I am terribly sorry to have upset your noble sensibilities Lahzerous.

But I'm not wrong. Just like I wasn't wrong when I said Joe Rogan is biased and the commentary team of Anik/Florian is bad. Everyone already knows that.

I like Jeremy Stephens and would be happy if he was guaranteed 4 more fights. Honestly. Just pointing out that this is almost certainly not the case.

I don't like fighters - the guys who entertain us - being shafted just so billionaires can line their pockets some more.

But hey, I guess that makes me negative in the eyes of the pathetic sycophants who inhabit this forum.

Feel better?

3/4/13 4:38 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats Heathen!

He always comes to fight!  Awesome.

3/4/13 4:41 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Doom - I am terribly sorry to have upset your noble sensibilities Lahzerous.

Can you let us know the details of the contract with regards to his job security if he loses? I'd be very interested to check it out. Phone Post
3/4/13 4:42 PM
ChaosOverkill
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/04/13 4:41 PM
NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  I'm genuinely happy for Stephens but what's the methodology here to being signed or cut??

If you arent top 10, lose 3 in a row and miss a fight cos you got arrested you get re-signed;

But

If you are top 10, lost your last fight by dev to a top 5 fighter but won your previous fight and got FOTN you get cut? WTF??

Fitch must be pulling his hair out... Phone Post

Yeah more and more it's obvious the Fitch cut was personal. COngrats to Jeremy tho

3/4/13 4:44 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
Dr Doom - 4 fights if he wins, not if he loses.

Remember how these Zuffa slave contracts work.

You think if he gets knocked out 3 times and is 0-6 they are gonna give him a 7th crack just for shits and giggles?

You should change your name to Cpt Obvious.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.