UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Age of Ultron - Does anyone even care?

3/4/13 11:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hercules Rockerfeller
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean given the last two marvel events sucked out loud, does anyone expect anything better out of Age of Ultron?  From what I understand, this is going to be a Bendis solo project, unlike Fear Itself and A vs X which had too many chefs.  Do you think that will matter?  Was it the massive clusterfuck of writers that ruined FI & AvsX or was it the heavy hands of the editors making their way to the pages that did those series' in?  

3/4/13 11:52 AM
disbeliever
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
If Wolverine dies in it, as rumored, people will buy it
3/4/13 12:18 PM
paw
1537 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything would be better than AvsX.  A point of clarification though....Fear Itself was Matt Fraction's work, and not a collective of writers for the main series.  I think it was Fraction's first event.  FWIW, I thought Fear Itself was rather lackluster.  Not "bad" but not really "good" either.  It was disappointing because Fraction is a solid writer and he's killing it on Hawkeye right now.

Anyhoo, I guess it comes down to if you like Bendis.  I'm willing to give it a shot for that reason.  It should be consistently written at least.

...and disbeliever is right.  Fans buy events, and that's why DC and Marvel have them.

3/4/13 1:57 PM
Ashuram
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can only speak for myself, but Marvels crossovers have always sucked. And i've got money that says this turns out worse than A vs X.
Also,while Bendis writes a good Avengers book,he's not who i would put in charge of Logans death.
We all know who should write that.
Besides, The Avengers without the Cage/Spiderman/Wolverine/Jess Dialog just isn't worth reading,and Jess and Cage quit the team. Who's gonna spar with Spidey if Logan dies?
3/4/13 1:58 PM
dizz
607 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually didn't mind Fear Itself

Maybe in hindsight it's because AvX was so terrible that FI looked good in retrospect. But I liked it. And Thor bitching out Thing and Hulk was rad.
3/4/13 3:44 PM
NCar
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Moon Knight fan, he'll be playing a big role in it, so I'm pretty excited.
3/4/13 4:24 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked FI well enough, but it wasn't as good as Seige or Dark Reign. NOTHING could ever be as bad as AvX. NOTHING.

3/4/13 4:49 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I AM HOPEFUL.......ULTRON IS KIND OF A LAME VILLIAN BUT I AM HOPEFUL.....
3/4/13 7:38 PM
Alger Hiss
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All crossovers are dead to me. AvX was the final nail in the coffin.
3/4/13 11:55 PM
MarkRobinson
1389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge Ultron fan so yeah ... I'm down.

Wouldn't be surprised if its a full blown fuckaroo though. Phone Post
3/5/13 11:08 AM
Zenoplata
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 

Anything would be better than AvsX.  A point of clarification though....Fear Itself was Matt Fraction's work, and not a collective of writers for the main series.  I think it was Fraction's first event.  FWIW, I thought Fear Itself was rather lackluster.  Not "bad" but not really "good" either.  It was disappointing because Fraction is a solid writer and he's killing it on Hawkeye right now.

Anyhoo, I guess it comes down to if you like Bendis.  I'm willing to give it a shot for that reason.  It should be consistently written at least.

...and disbeliever is right.  Fans buy events, and that's why DC and Marvel have them.

Squid Shoulder pads = AWESOME!!!

3/5/13 11:39 AM
JudOWNED
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that the payoff to that teaser issue of Avengers they did a couple years ago where they had to go into the future to battle Ultron because Ultron had "won"? Or wait, didn't they already do that, and it turned out some other villain was all behind it? I are confuzed.
3/5/13 2:21 PM
venomAA
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so wait they beat the phoenix as lame as it sounds, and ultron is going to kick their asses? -rolleyes-
3/5/13 3:06 PM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big summer crossovers are generally shitty moneygrabs until proven otherwise.
3/5/13 4:00 PM
LittleKang
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

venomAA - so wait they beat the phoenix as lame as it sounds, and ultron is going to kick their asses? -rolleyes-
Ultron with the phoenix force! Phone Post
3/5/13 4:21 PM
johnnypayne
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fear itself was worth it just for Uru-Man and Franklin showing just how insanely powerful he really is.
3/6/13 3:18 PM
crunchysavior
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think anything could be worse than AvX, although I believe that if DC put their minds to it they could probably take that distinction.
3/6/13 7:16 PM
JudOWNED
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agreed wholeheartedly that AvX was horrible. But I thought FI was actually pretty good. The whole Loki arc was excellent. I also liked Seige, and Civil War before it. No crossover is perfect. But they aren't all as bad as AvX.

And despite how much we all hate the New 52, Flashpoint was actually really good too.
3/6/13 7:58 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just read book 1 of AofU. It wasn't bad, and it does look kinda interesting. I'm just going to stay away from tie ins. Phone Post
3/6/13 9:11 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First issue was good Phone Post
3/7/13 12:45 AM
MarkRobinson
1389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I refuse to purchase any big event books but it'd be cool if someone posted the arc.

Just sayin... Phone Post
3/7/13 7:17 AM
torquemada
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - I refuse to purchase any big event books but it'd be cool if someone posted the arc.

Just sayin... Phone Post
I second this wise recommendation. Phone Post
3/7/13 9:42 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is it happening in an alternate universe?
3/7/13 9:58 AM
MarkRobinson

That's what I heard. Alternate universe that for some dumb reason is going to interrupt monthlies. Phone Post
3/7/13 10:03 AM
shibbytastic

Ok, that makes sense. I was wondering how this worked with anything going on in Hickman's books.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.