UnderGround Forums

Jen >> 2013 Clovis Judo Invitational Tournament

3/4/13 2:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My two boys at Clovis Judo Invitational Tournament.
3/31/13 6:46 AM
rmenergy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.

I do have a question about the location though. Are they still using the wrestling mats there? If so how were the knee & ankle injuries?

I grew up not too far from there and have a friend with Fresno Judo Club that wont attend that tournament for just that reason(my Judo instructor doesn't send anyone from the Central Coast team out there either for the same reason so just curious).

Thanks again for another cool vid Bolo.
3/31/13 3:04 PM
Bolo

Yeah, I guess they are still using wrestling mats. I only stuck around for the kids, but it didn't look like there were many (if any) adults. At least with the kids, there were no ankle or knee injuries.

This competition was extremely small when it came to number of participants. Probably the smallest competition we've been to. My youngest son Aaron was the only yellow belt and his opponent was the only orange belt. Had one of the colored belts not shown up, the other would have had to go against white belts.
3/31/13 5:44 PM
rmenergy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's something my friend Kasey says about Judo in the Fresno/Clovis area. Last 5-10 yrs has been really hard since the introduction of BJJ to the area. It's sad too because there are some excellent instructors out there. I do agree with you about the attitude difference between the two arts which makes it even harder to bear.

Anyway thanks again for another cool vid Bolo.

Take care.
4/1/13 1:00 PM
Bolo

Yeah, we were from the San Jose area and the orange belt was from Sacramento. It was a bit surprising not to see any colored belts from the local area.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.