UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Bros, I got 4 weeks to get to SHREDDED WHEAT...

3/4/13 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NICK MANNING
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's the deal. Got a wedding in Miami and I need to bring my A-game.

I'm coming off of a deload week from WS4SB, and am wondering what I should do for the next 4 weeks. I'm not sure whether I should start up another wave of Westside, or try something new like 5/3/1 BBB. I seem to respond better to 3 days of lifting, with cardio/yoga on the days in between.

I'm 6'3" 205, but I've got a bit of a gluten gut from eating pizza 6x a week. Trying to eliminate gluten and dairy (except greek yogurt) from the diet.

If you guys have any suggestions or tips on a program or diet, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll also accept any form of motivation.

God bless.
3/4/13 3:45 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try something like this: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_diet_mass/the_get_shredded_diet

Just ignore all the BS in the article pertaining to Biotest supplements, they aren't needed. The diet is solid for rapid fat loss.
3/4/13 3:51 PM
NICK MANNING
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting...but I think I'd die eating 2050 calories a day!

Also, it's been a few years since I tried creatine. Doesn't it make you appear "puffy" due to water retention?
3/4/13 3:56 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/04/13 3:57 PM
You want rapid fatloss in 4 weeks, unfortunately your cals (and carbs) are going to have to be pretty dang low...

On the creatine, some people hold more water than others, really just depends on how your body responds. If you've never tried it, I probably wouldn't start now if you're trying to get as ripped as possible.
3/4/13 4:08 PM
NICK MANNING

So let's say I only take in 2050 calories/day..

Does this mean I should stop aiming for strength gains (trying to set PRs) in the gym and instead do more maintenance work? Should I be focused on compound lifts or isolation movements or both?

I guess I need a refresher course on how and when the body uses fat/carbs/muscle for fuel. That's probably for another thread though.
3/4/13 4:17 PM
herwil10

Generally yes, when on a diet (especially something like a rapid fat loss diet) the best bet is to cut your training volume and just work on maintaining the strength you have. The lack of calories and carbs makes it hard to push strength gains and train with a lot of volume.
3/4/13 4:25 PM
NICK MANNING

I see. Voted up man, thanks.
3/5/13 11:52 AM
fuzzislipperz
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to determine the amounts of each macro you need, minimally. Once you meet those requirements, eat as few carbs as you possibly can and still retain your sanity. Calorie deficit is the best way to drop weight quickly. Phone Post
3/5/13 2:59 PM
Leigh
905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cut out the pizza.

Ta da! Phone Post
3/5/13 3:04 PM
NICK MANNING

Leigh -  Cut out the pizza.

Ta da! Phone Post

I ate a turkey blt in a spinach wrap instead of a pizza today.

Baby steps..
3/5/13 3:36 PM
HEMAN
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would also suggest getting cheap blender from Walmart and make protein shakes. U can sub out a meal with them.
3/5/13 3:43 PM
NICK MANNING

Edited: 03/05/13 3:43 PM
HEMAN - I would also suggest getting cheap blender from Walmart and make protein shakes. U can sub out a meal with them.

I always have a post-workout shake. ON Whey protein, cranberry juice (might switch to coconut water) banana, almond butter, and a couple graham crackers.

And 1 or 2 scoops a day of Vega plant-based protein.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.