UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Batman & Robin title post Damian news

3/4/13 7:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YVEL MACHIDA
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By now, everyone and their mother in the real world has heard about the death of Damian Wayne AKA Robin. But in the world of the DC Comics universe, the news will be traveling slowly through the ranks of Batman's circle of allies.
And the place where the fallout will hit hardest is likely to be the soon to be retitled "Batman And..." series. Previously called "Batman and Robin," the book's final issue with Damian's alter ego co-headlining will be an all-silent #18. After that, writer Peter Tomasi and artist Patrick Gleason will welcome a new guest star every week to the proceedings to help Bruce Wayne through the grieving process and perhaps point the way forward.
DC revealed to CBR the characters that would appear in the months ahead:
#19 — Batman and Red Robin
#20 — Batman and Red Hood
#21 — Batman and Batgirl
#22 — Batman and Catwoman
#23 — Batman and Nightwing
In a recent interview about the title change on CBR, Tomasi explained that fans hoping for Red Robin Tim Drake to immediately fill the void in the dynamic duo would be jumping the gun. "I will say that I didn't want to take the usual road that's been travelled when it comes to the 'Batman needs a Robin' angle," the writer explained. "There are five stages of grief, and we intend to explore it in a very visceral way...Let's just say there's a big, epic picture in view over the horizon, but there's plenty of lightning storms and hurricanes for myself, Pat Gleason and our partners in crime Mick Gray and John Kalisz to still fly through before it all becomes clear." Phone Post
3/4/13 7:35 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is stupid Imo, I just wanna see Batman and Nightwing in a monthly title Phone Post
3/4/13 10:31 PM
kung_pow
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey dc, marvel called.....it wants its "Marvel Team up" back!
3/5/13 1:58 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone and their mother in the real world?
I couldn't find you 5 people that I talk to or see on a regular basis who give a shit about Robin being dead or who are aware of that. I hope that line means dedicated comic readers and not regular people. This isn't like superman or cap dying when they got legit media attention for it. It's just another Robin Phone Post
3/5/13 9:09 AM
paw
1345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yotsuba & ! was first....and will be better, imo.

I don't know what DC's long term plans are, but I would be inclined to cancel the title.  There's already eleventy billion Batman titles a month.  Bring the title back when Robin comes back.

3/5/13 10:04 AM
Hercules Rockerfeller
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kung_pow - Hey dc, marvel called.....it wants its "Marvel Team up" back!

Avenging Batman, IMO.

3/5/13 6:41 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

Dead Again - I was able to get my hands on the last issue of Red Hood, it takes place after Batman Inc (they reference it in the book) and Robin is still alive.

DC Sucks.
Are you talking the one with Batman holding Jason on the cover? Nowhere in there did I see a reference to Damian being alive. Also seems to be post joker and pre Batman Inc 8 Phone Post
3/6/13 12:49 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

Dead Again -
YVEL MACHIDA - 
Dead Again - I was able to get my hands on the last issue of Red Hood, it takes place after Batman Inc (they reference it in the book) and Robin is still alive.

DC Sucks.
Are you talking the one with Batman holding Jason on the cover? Nowhere in there did I see a reference to Damian being alive. Also seems to be post joker and pre Batman Inc 8 Phone Post

Yeah, that one.

You didn't see a reference to Damian being alive? He was in the issue. Had a fight scene with Arsenal.

Yes, it was post Joker, with a flashback to Batman Inc. The flashback was when Jason was thinking about him and Damian teaming up during Batman Inc.

I don't see where they had time to take a huge break for the Joker stuff in the middle of the Batman Inc stuff.
I know he was in the issue, the issue takes place before the events of Batman Inc 8 is what I'm saying. Damian is dead Phone Post
3/6/13 12:58 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

WTF Continuity: “Red Hood & The Outlaws #17?

Posted on February 26, 2013 by Collin Colsher

Speaking of DC’s “WTF”s… do we have a huge gaping CONTINUITY ERROR in Red Hood & The Outlaws #17? As wessaari says on Comic Vine, “Bringing up Wingman in Batman Inc just made my head spin due to its issues with continuity.” In Red Hood & The Outlaws #17, which is the epilogue/aftermath to “The Death of the Family,” occurring pretty much immediately after Batman #17, Jason chats with Damian and recalls their time “being themselves” as Wingman and Damian.

It’s a strange reference to begin with, but here’s the kicker: If Damian dies (as DC is telling the world) in Batman Inc #8, that means that Batman Inc #8 (and any prior Wingman/Redbird action) must occur after “The Death of the Family” and this Red Hood epilogue since we see him alive and well. And yet Lobdell writes this issue as if it’s the other way around. The editor’s note attached shills them playing these roles in Batman Incorporated #4. Note that this doesn’t necessarily reference Jason’s recollection as being a reference to that specific issue, it merely tells us we can see them in action in those roles in that issue. So, maybe they acted as Redbird and Wingman prior to Batman Inc #4 (as I surmise on my chronology as a possible fix)? That reconciliation is already a stretch, but that’s not the only problem! In this issue, Jason also gets his face horribly burned, yet in Batman Inc his face is fine.

This seems like a case of Lobdell being kept totally out of the loop, but still making improper references to other Bat books. But we’ll see come Wednesday… Phone Post
3/6/13 1:18 PM
paw
1345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC not have creators in the loop?!?!? 

3/14/13 5:17 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet they're going to make that girl Harper from Batman the new sidekick, she seems cool. Phone Post
3/14/13 5:51 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

RedFox3 - I bet they're going to make that girl Harper from Batman the new sidekick, she seems cool. Phone Post
Yeah I like the ide Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.