UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2013

3/5/13 12:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bearockbrobama
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohanEmperor -
DamnSevern - 
JohanEmperor - 
Darup -  What horseshit Phone Post

How would you rank the divisions? We appreciate constructive critic.

where are the fighters who currently fight in Brazil??

jungle fight, wocs, bitetti not to mention a smaller name show like this

Good call. It would be great if you could make a list of fighters who you feel definietly deserves to be in the top 10.
Ya DS, you already do Joe Silvas job. Why not this guys too? Phone Post
3/5/13 12:51 PM
Illidan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where is Fedor? Phone Post
3/5/13 1:00 PM
Devlin
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^fedor retired, why would he be ranked? Phone Post
3/5/13 1:26 PM
JohanEmperor
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bearockbrobama - 
JohanEmperor -
DamnSevern - 
JohanEmperor - 

Good call. It would be great if you could make a list of fighters who you feel definietly deserves to be in the top 10.

I don´t want DamnSevern to do anyone's job but since he´s convinced we missed some brazilian fighters I would like to know exactly who these guys are.
3/5/13 4:04 PM
JohanEmperor
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LI PWR - Where's Josh Barnett?

Barnett will be #1 on the Global-MMA Rankings when it´s 100% sure he doesn´t sign with zuffa.
3/5/13 6:48 PM
bearockbrobama
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohanEmperor -

Barnett will be #1 on the Global-MMA Rankings when it´s 100% sure he doesn´t sign with zuffa.
But Sao Paleilei just signed to the UFC. Phone Post
3/5/13 6:53 PM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohanEmperor - 
bearockbrobama - 
JohanEmperor -
DamnSevern - 
JohanEmperor - 

I don´t want DamnSevern to do anyone's job but since he´s convinced we missed some brazilian fighters I would like to know exactly who these guys are.

no offense, but if you dont know who the top fighters from brazil are... are you really in a position to be making these rankings?

3/5/13 9:25 PM
bearockbrobama

DamnSevern -
JohanEmperor - 
bearockbrobama - 
JohanEmperor -
DamnSevern - 
JohanEmperor - 

no offense, but if you dont know who the top fighters from brazil are... are you really in a position to be making these rankings?

I wasn't trying to be mean, but this Phone Post
3/6/13 3:23 AM
JohanEmperor

DamnSevern - 
JohanEmperor - 
bearockbrobama - 
JohanEmperor -
DamnSevern - 
JohanEmperor - 

First of all I don´t make these rankings, second I know most of the top fighters but since you say some are missing I would like to know who you´re talking about?
3/6/13 4:39 AM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/06/13 4:57 AM
Doesn't Joshua Sampo have back-to-back wins over Antonio Banuelos and Alexis Vila? How is he not in the Top 10 at Flyweight? He should be #2 at worst. For that matter where are Rambaa Somdet (he's not retired), Ulysses Gomez, Alexis Vila, or Banuelos? None of them even warrant an honorable mention?

For that mater how on earth is Jon Fitch lower than #2 at WW? He's probably better than Askren.

The M-1 fighters in general are pretty severely overranked here. Not sure that I would put anyone other than Kenny Garner and Rashid Magomedov even in the Top 10 non-UFC fighters in their respective weight classes, and neither one of those guys is anywhere near #2 (both are fringe Top 10 guys).

If you want criteria on that, keep in mind how often the best of M-1's talent pool has been exposed when facing Bellator fighters. M-1 is not a strong organization.
3/6/13 4:53 AM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohanEmperor - 
tdunning - Welterweight
1. Ben Askren (Bellator Champion)
2. Rashid Magomedov (M-1 Global Champion)
3. Douglas Lima (Bellator)
4. Jon Fitch (Free Agent)

That is messed up. There is no doubt that Jon Fitch is the #1 WW not signed to the UFC

Fitch needs to prove it, he lost 2 out of his last 3 fights. Let´s see how he does in WSOF.

Does Strength-of-Schedule mean anything to you? The two guys he lost to are better than any fighter anyone ranked above him has ever faced in their combined careers. I could see putting him below Askren (I wouldn't, but there's a fair argument for it). Putting him below Douglas Lima makes me wonder what on earth your criteria is, and putting him below Magomedov, whose best career wins are a recent win over Yasubey Enomoto and an older split decision Shavil Zavurov, pretty much invalidate your rankings altogether.
3/6/13 9:57 AM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/6/13 10:00 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - Doesn't Joshua Sampo have back-to-back wins over Antonio Banuelos and Alexis Vila? How is he not in the Top 10 at Flyweight? He should be #2 at worst. For that matter where are Rambaa Somdet (he's not retired), Ulysses Gomez, Alexis Vila, or Banuelos? None of them even warrant an honorable mention?

For that mater how on earth is Jon Fitch lower than #2 at WW? He's probably better than Askren.

The M-1 fighters in general are pretty severely overranked here. Not sure that I would put anyone other than Kenny Garner and Rashid Magomedov even in the Top 10 non-UFC fighters in their respective weight classes, and neither one of those guys is anywhere near #2 (both are fringe Top 10 guys).

If you want criteria on that, keep in mind how often the best of M-1's talent pool has been exposed when facing Bellator fighters. M-1 is not a strong organization.

the guy who makes the rankings is a poster from Sherdog named CDF47, he loves M1, KSW and OneFC.

3/6/13 10:25 AM
Tomato Can
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surely you've forgotten Josh Barnett? I'd think he's the #1 non-UFC HW by far. I'd probably put Volkov and Grabowski over Kharitonov as well.

LW #4-10 have some very mediocre names on there. Weichel, Kotani, and Boku are essentially C-listers at this point. No clue how you could put them over guys like Rickels and Cobb who actually have recent high quality wins.

Shamahalaev is WAY better than some of those guys on the FW list.

Ueda recently lost to a guy that isn't in your top 10 yet he's #5?

The flyweight division is awful. Sampo should probably be #1 but he's not even ranked. No Banuelos, no Vila?

You are giving a ridiculous amount of preference to guys fighting in small Asian promotions that cannot provide quality competition. Being champ of Pancrase or ONE or ZST is essentially meaningless.
3/6/13 10:31 AM
Tomato Can
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also WW should probably go something like:

Askren
Fitch
Lima
Koreshkov
Daley

The M-1 and Pancrase guys have fought nothing but nobodies, and K-Taro hasn't been relevant in years.
3/6/13 4:48 PM
Chromium

Steve4192 - How is Newton ranked over Vegh at LHW?

Not only is Vegh the Bellator champion, he beat Newton in the 2012 LHW tournament.

To be fair to that particular ranking, Newton did just knockout King Mo. #1 is arguable. That's a defensible ranking.
3/7/13 4:17 AM
JohanEmperor

Chromium - Doesn't Joshua Sampo have back-to-back wins over Antonio Banuelos and Alexis Vila? How is he not in the Top 10 at Flyweight? He should be #2 at worst. For that matter where are Rambaa Somdet (he's not retired), Ulysses Gomez, Alexis Vila, or Banuelos? None of them even warrant an honorable mention?

Sampo will rise through the rankings. The M-1 fighters are really good. Former M-1 fighter Volkov is the Bellator HW champ, former M-1 fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov is a UFC contender, former M-1 fighter Zayats is in the Bellator LHW final, the list goes on..
3/7/13 4:19 AM
JohanEmperor

Allen Hood - 
LI PWR - Where's Josh Barnett?
????? My thoughts Phone Post

Barnett will be ranked #1 on the Global-MMA Rankings when it´s 100% sure he doesn´t sign with the UFC.
3/7/13 4:32 AM
Rear Naked Chode
428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johan, I remember you from linker.
3/7/13 6:32 AM
bearockbrobama

JohanEmperor -
Allen Hood - 

Barnett will be ranked #1 on the Global-MMA Rankings when it´s 100% sure he doesn´t sign with the UFC.
You don't deserve to create rankings.

What are tour credentials or this other guy. Phone Post
3/7/13 6:55 AM
JohanEmperor

bearockbrobama - 
JohanEmperor -
Allen Hood - 

I don´t make the rankings. These are the official rankings from Global-MMA.com
3/7/13 9:43 AM
JohanEmperor

blackmarketbros - 
JohanEmperor - 
bearockbrobama - 
JohanEmperor -
Allen Hood - 

I don´t make the rankings. These are the official rankings from Global-MMA.com

You said we a lot referring to the rankings then turn around after they get ripped apart saying you had nothing to do with it...I see you brought your m-1 love over here too...its only a matter of time before you get ran off here too just like sherdog and I'm sure other sites. Also those rankings suck (no barnett fitch being so low completely missing Brazilian talent etc) and that website and its zuffa haters suck. Also implying bellator's hw division is anything besides a joke is also laughable

No need to get personal. I´m a part of the Global-MMA crew and that´s why I say we but I don´t make the rankings. I´m not here to argue I just wanted to hear what people think about the rankings and see if some fighters are flying under the radar.
3/7/13 10:00 AM
Tomato Can

The rankings are awful. Way too much preference to champs of minor league organizations. In most divisions there are several guys in Bellator who are much better than the champs of Pancrase or M-1. Also way too much preference to Asian fighters who haven't been relevant for years. Kotani? Boku? Come on.
3/8/13 6:28 PM
JohanEmperor

Tomato Can - The rankings are awful. Way too much preference to champs of minor league organizations. In most divisions there are several guys in Bellator who are much better than the champs of Pancrase or M-1. Also way too much preference to Asian fighters who haven't been relevant for years. Kotani? Boku? Come on.

How would you rank the divisions?
3/8/13 9:56 PM
Tomato Can

I don't really have time to give a full top 10 in every division but I provided some additional specific criticisms in an earlier post.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.