UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 17, episode 7 discussion

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
3/5/13 12:03 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TEAM JONES' CLINT HESTER (7-3) VS. TEAM SONNEN'S JIMMY QUINLAN (3-0)

Round 1 - Without much surprise, Jimmy shoots on Clint right away. Clint sprawls out of it initially, but Jimmy keeps after it, wraps his opponent up and 15 seconds in, he carries him to the center of the cage for a takedown into side control. After 30 seconds, Clint works his way out and back to his feet. When Jimmy wants him back down, Clint lands some elbows. The fight goes back to the canvas along the fence with Jimmy keeping Clint wrapped up before picking him up with another slam. Clint tries to land short shots before getting up again trying to break Jimmy's grip. Clint goes after a guillotine, but it's not secure. He lands a pair of knees, then with Jimmy's back on the fence he lands one more, followed by a short flurry that has Jimmy covering up and shooting for a defensive takedown midway through. Jimmy keeps working on the takedown, but he's eating a lot of punches from Clint in the process. But finally he gets him down to a good position with 90 seconds left, and when Clint again works back to his feet, Jimmy again slams him. It's been the takedowns scoring points for Jimmy, and certainly not any damage – the one scoring the points with the hands was Clint, and that makes it a close round to score, but one that should go to Jimmy for the takedowns and the Octagon control.

Round 2 - This time, it's Clint shooting early, and Jimmy steps to the side and goes after a guillotine. He can't secure it, and back on the feet Clint ties things up. As the fight again goes to the ground thanks to Jimmy, he nearly takes Clint's back, but uses it to move around and get to full mount with little difficulty. Clint tries to get out from underneath, but has to give up back mount, and finally we see Jimmy go to work with some ground-and-pound. He's got a great position and he's got a ton of time left. He lands a few punches that Jones doesn't believe are hurting Clint, but in short order Jimmy gets the perfect opportunity to latch on a rear-naked choke. He gets it, sinks it in and Clint is quickly tapping about 1:44 into the round.

Jimmy Quinlan def. Clint Hester via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2

read entire article...

3/5/13 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
A.W.Ashford
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
3/5/13 12:52 PM
TaeKwonBendoTopTeam623
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I laugh every time when I here him out of nowhere say "I'm a police officer" lmao Phone Post
3/5/13 12:53 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Jimmy Quinlan! Just because he is on Chael's team... Phone Post
3/5/13 12:54 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like Hester gonna lose, ug blog as been posting the pics of the winner every week b4 the show Phone Post
3/5/13 12:55 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

^ good eye my good man! Phone Post
3/5/13 1:17 PM
KingRice
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the preview it showed that quinlan was able to get Clint to the ground, I'm assuming he's gonna out grapple him to a victory Phone Post
3/5/13 1:17 PM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

ShoreBreaker420 - Looks like Hester gonna lose, ug blog as been posting the pics of the winner every week b4 the show Phone Post
Spot on brother!! Phone Post
3/5/13 1:41 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GoldMedaLInTapping(R) -
ShoreBreaker420 - Looks like Hester gonna lose, ug blog as been posting the pics of the winner every week b4 the show Phone Post
Spot on brother!! Phone Post
I didn't want to believe it last week, as I was sure tor was gonna win. So hopefully this trend is right this week Phone Post
3/5/13 1:56 PM
The_R
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch them change it next week. Phone Post
3/5/13 5:07 PM
kgastelum928
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

let's go Team Darkside!

3/5/13 5:24 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Dahmer was on Chael's team, I'd root for the corpse eater. LOL

So, Team Darkside!!!!!! (and by virtue of that War Quinlan).

3/5/13 5:40 PM
Smellde Gluve
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/05/13 5:41 PM

mmavixen - 

Lyrics:

"Presidential tint, Michelle Obama. Frozen femurs in the freezer, Jeffrey Dahmer."

3/5/13 5:55 PM
CAlfar

I seriously hope Josh Samman is ok. He's becoming one of my favorites, and it would suck to see someone who could win the show end up out due to a injury..
3/5/13 6:02 PM
Skip2MyLou
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time to see what Clint Hester has got. Guy is built like an nfl running back Phone Post
3/5/13 6:44 PM
TEX4N
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

N Phone Post
3/5/13 7:21 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/5/13 7:50 PM
2Fort
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to tonight's episode!
3/5/13 8:27 PM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9:00 eastern? Phone Post
3/5/13 8:43 PM
The Chits
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye -  9:00 eastern? Phone Post

Yes sir
3/5/13 9:00 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve - 

mmavixen - 

Lyrics:

"Presidential tint, Michelle Obama. Frozen femurs in the freezer, Jeffrey Dahmer."

Awesome! VTFU

3/5/13 9:00 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here we go! Lets go team darkside!!!!!!!!

3/5/13 9:01 PM
mmavixen

Here we go....

3/5/13 9:03 PM
mmavixen

Edited: 03/05/13 9:03 PM

Josh knows alll.....UGH.

3/5/13 9:04 PM
ds1970
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's Jimmy from? Is that a Boston accent? Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.