UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kizer: Vitor unlikely to be granted TUE in Nevada

3/5/13 5:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When the UFC went to Brazil in January, Vitor Belfort received a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy into his bout with Michael Bisping. That event was overseen by CABMMA, a new regulatory body in Brazil that worked in tandem with the UFC to put on the event.

In a report from Brazil's Tatame.com, the CABMMA medical director claimed that Belfort's TRT approval was based off of medical tests done by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It was their approval, he claimed, that allowed Belfort to use the controversial treatment for the event in Brazil.

However, NSAC executive director Keith Kizer says Belfort has not been approved for testosterone use in Nevada, and given his past steroid test failure, likely would not be approved in Nevada in the future.

"People in the media saying Vitor Belfort has a TUE from me, of course he doesn't," Kizer made clear in an interview with Damon Martin at BleacherReport.com.

"I don't see Vitor Belfort getting a TRT exemption from us. I really don't and I feel kind of bad for him in some ways because if he has learned from his mistakes and now he's trying to do it the right way and his levels are low with the treatment good for him and I hope he is doing that."

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_16137.shtml

Maybe he can just fight in Brazil for the remainder of his career.

3/5/13 5:40 PM
TDogg926
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Screw him. This is the price you pay for cheating IMO.
3/5/13 6:01 PM
Lobo8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TDogg926 - Screw him. This is the price you pay for cheating IMO.

yep
3/5/13 6:03 PM
Johnzandt

I wonder where Vitors religious views and his cheating stands with the man. They don't make good bedfellows.
3/5/13 6:06 PM
CrazyPope
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good.
3/5/13 6:06 PM
ChaosOverkill
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next stop, fix judging Keith.

-Cue Keith laughing hysterically and counting his money

3/5/13 6:10 PM
Team GDP
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well keith says it's unlikely. i would wait to see if vitor actually applies and if it is turned down or not before i heap any praise on kizer.

3/5/13 6:10 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shouldn't have roided Phone Post
3/5/13 6:12 PM
ChaosOverkill
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol thanks for the vote down Keith

3/5/13 6:15 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever. Phone Post
3/5/13 6:36 PM
ChaosOverkill

RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill - 

He's a puppet and has literally no power. 

(edit) just saw you got voted down. I countered it. 

He's the only face I can keep asking things like "Why Cecil and Adalaide have no job accountability"

Thanks for the vote up

3/5/13 6:58 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keith don`t have a vote.

3/5/13 7:01 PM
HitchieG
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder if Vitor will fight in Nevada ever again then. Phone Post
3/5/13 7:01 PM
VincentKennedyMcmahon

Does anyone else find it odd that low T levels affects like 1% of the global male population and all of a sudden many of these pro MMA fighters come out of the woodwork claiming they need TRT??
3/5/13 8:46 PM
ChaosOverkill

RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill - 
RyannVonDoom - 
ChaosOverkill - 

He's a puppet and has literally no power. 

(edit) just saw you got voted down. I countered it. 

He's the only face I can keep asking things like "Why Cecil and Adalaide have no job accountability"

Thanks for the vote up

He'll just ignore them like he always does. the council members are the ones we have to harass. 

and I guess they probably hide, for fear of the bile someone like me wants to dump on them for the crap they refuse to change

3/5/13 8:51 PM
ChaosOverkill

RyannVonDoom - 
VincentKennedyMcmahon - Does anyone else find it odd that low T levels affects like 1% of the global male population and all of a sudden many of these pro MMA fighters come out of the woodwork claiming they need TRT??

Source please. 

He might be confused with this:

Age-related loss of testosterone, on the other hand, is gradual, dropping by about 1% to 1.5% per year beginning at age 40. The low testosterone levels that result can leave men feeling less energetic, less self-assured, and less manly.

http://men.webmd.com/features/how-low-testosterone-affects-your-health

3/5/13 9:21 PM
mofomike
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They almost killed Overeem with their bullshit ... now they are going to put Vitors life on the line.

3/5/13 11:36 PM
crwhitlock
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kizer's panties are in a twist because when he tested positive the first time Nevada gave him a suspension that he didn't follow. He went overseas and fought. Nate Marquardt had tested positive before and he was granted a TUE.
3/5/13 11:44 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnzandt - I wonder where Vitors religious views and his cheating stands with the man. They don't make good bedfellows.

Yup, Leviticus 20:28 - Thou shall not use anabolic steroids without NSAC permission.
3/5/13 11:54 PM
Chiron

So it's ok for damn near everyone to use techniques to cut ridiculous amounts of weight through hydration to circumvent the weight divisions and the purpose of them - potentially harming their own bodies in the process...and to do so in plain site.

And it's ok to take TRT, with the widespread potential for abuse there, as long as you're levels are within satisfactory range during the usually pre-scheduled tests. Oh, apparently having high levels isn't so bad either since they let Chael get away with it and keep his TRT exemption.

But if you tested positive for steroids 6 years ago, you can't have a TRT exemption, because then the cheating is out in the open too much?

Got it.
3/5/13 11:54 PM
MickColins
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, when I look for honesty in combat sports, I look to Keith Kizer. The man has never told a fib and is as honest as an Amish piss test. I hope you note the sarcasm because its being laid on pretty thick.

3/5/13 11:56 PM
crwhitlock

I like how Kizer says "people are saying I gave him a TUE". He doesn't even vote after the hearings. Telling his biggest customer they can't bring one of their biggest stars to his state is a real smart move. Shocking that all these state governments are bankrupt.
3/5/13 11:59 PM
crwhitlock

Kizer needs Zuffa much more than Zuffa needs Kizer. Zuffa has 47 other states to chose from and about 20 other countries. Kizer has about 3 promoters to pay his salary and Zuffa provides the majority of the cash that lines his pocket.
3/6/13 12:03 AM
JROTT
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather see Overeem fight in Japan every time if it got him back on the sauce and smashin' maffukkass Phone Post
3/6/13 1:03 AM
I_LOST_A_SN_BET_TO_LEGHOUND
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mofomike -

They almost killed Overeem with their bullshit ... now they are going to put Vitors life on the line.

Lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.