UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Nick Diaz will have rug burns on his back'

3/6/13 9:09 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Former Strikeforce welterweight title contender Tyron Woodley was recently interviewed by BJPenn Radio, and offered his thoughts on the upcoming welterweight fights at UFC 158 on March 16.

Woodley on Nate Marquardt vs. Jake Ellenberger:

“Jake has a very heavy left hook and a heavy overhand right,” said Woodley. “He has the ability to go for a double leg quite often, both of those guys are so similar. Nate’s a little bit bigger, he might hit a little harder, he’ll throw in some kicks and his ground game is better. I don’t know how Nate is feeling after his last fight (against Tarec Saffiedine) and if his leg is 100% healed up. Ellenberger is as hungry as ever as he tries to make his crack towards the top. He wanted that Hendricks fight because he knew how close Johny was to that world title. It’ll be interesting, the way things are going to play out in this division over the next three months will be pretty crazy.”

Woodley on Johny Hendricks vs. Carlos Condit:

“I think (Hendricks) is a nightmare for all those guys because the way he comes forward," said Woodley. "He’s coming from the southpaw stance with heavy hands and a decent chin and a great wrestling pedigree. He comes in there and throws everything hard. I think guys who can get in close to Condit, hit him inside and put him on his back are the ones who pose a threat. If he can keep Hendricks on the end of his punches and make it a kickboxing match, similar like he did with Diaz, he has a chance to pull it off.”

Woodley on the GSP vs. Nick Diaz main event:

“I think GSP is going to take Diaz down until his back gets rug burns on it," said Woodley. "I don’t think Diaz can submit him and he’ll lose by decision. If GSP lets Diaz get inside of his head with his antics, his taunting and entertains a striking battle that’ll put Diaz in the game. He didn’t entertain it with Josh Koscheck and I don’t see him doing it with Diaz. I think he’ll stick to the script and be the champion he’s always been. He’ll go out there, stick to a strict gameplan and get the win.”

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview...

What do you think UG, is a back full of rug burns in Diaz's future?

3/6/13 9:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willin
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Troof. Phone Post
3/6/13 9:37 AM
3rdLion
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a fan of Woodley but this is correct.
3/6/13 9:56 AM
Matrixkick
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On point all around Phone Post
3/6/13 10:02 AM
dabigguy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Woodley has it right for the most part. I know Georges has the drive and want to show the masses he's not just a "safe fight" kind of guy. He said he'd put a beating on Diaz and I hink he better do just that or a lot of people won't be happy with him. there's a lot of unenthused people watching the same old "take down and pound" and even then his pounding isn't usually fierce.
I say he submits him in the second or 3rd round.... No KO
BETTER BE EXCITING....Diaz rabbit puches get old real fast too
3/6/13 11:10 AM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/06/13 11:54 AM

I think waaaaaaaay too many people have revisionist versions of GSP's fights. He has stood with EVERYONE and uses his takedowns as he sees fit. His striking has become way underrated because his haters promote the revisionist idea that the bell rings and he just does takedown after takedown.

No one has outstruck him in any of his fights with the exception of Serra who needed a punch in the back of the head. Even though he tried to punch GSP in the back of the head in the second fight, he had obviously trained to expect it and showed Serra how a striking match without illegal blows would look like.

Mark these words and TiTTy the thread after the fight is over: Nick Diaz WILL get punched and kicked by GSP. Don't be surprised if Diaz's scar tissue is a target GSP is actually training to hit. Don't be surprised if Nick gets his face bruised and bloodied. But GSP will get the takedowns where he sees Diaz swinging to the fences and to add to his ring control and generalship.

Nick is one of my favorite fighters. Especially after the fucking pounding he put on BJ and his idiotic fan base. But this is a stylewise fight that does not bode well for him. I wish he would go up or down in weight. Which I don't know if he can do. I'd like to see him win a belt before his career ends.

TTT this fucking post after the fight, you bitches. Come the fuck at me on fight night. COME THE FUCK AT ME.

3/6/13 11:15 AM
Ramon Maroni

spot on I think

I agree with th Condit fight assement, if he fights the same way against Hendricks as he did against Diaz, I could see an upset
3/6/13 11:18 AM
Malvert the Janitor
855 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht -

I think waaaaaaaay to many people have revisionist versions of GSP's fights. He has stood with EVERYONE and uses his takedowns as he sees fit. His striking has becoming way underrated because his haters promote the revisionist idea that the bell rings and he just does takedown after takedown.

No one has outstruck him in any of his fights with the exception of Serra who needed a punch in the back of the head. Even though he tried to punch GSP in the back of the head in the second fight, he had obviously trained to expect it and showed Serra howt a striking match without illegal blows would look like.

Mark these words and TiTTy the thread after the fight is over: Nick Diaz WILL get punched and kicked by GSP. Don't be surprised if Diaz's scar tissue is a target GSP is actually training to hit. Don't be surprised if Nick gets his face bruised and bloodied. But GSP will get the takedowns where he sees Diaz swinging to the fences and to add ring control.

Nick is one of my favorite fighters. Escpecially after the fucking pounding he put on BJ and his idiotic fan base. But this is a stylewise fight that does not bode well for him. I wish he would go up or down in weight. Which I don't know if he can do. I'd like to see him win a belt before his career ends.

TTT this fucking post after the fight, you bitches. Come the fuck at me on fight night. COME THE FUCK AT ME.

Still trolling...and always finds a way to disparage BJ. Just suck his cock already, would ya? Here, I'll take it out of my mouth so you can have a taste... Phone Post
3/6/13 11:22 AM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor -
ausgepicht -

I think waaaaaaaay to many people have revisionist versions of GSP's fights. He has stood with EVERYONE and uses his takedowns as he sees fit. His striking has becoming way underrated because his haters promote the revisionist idea that the bell rings and he just does takedown after takedown.

No one has outstruck him in any of his fights with the exception of Serra who needed a punch in the back of the head. Even though he tried to punch GSP in the back of the head in the second fight, he had obviously trained to expect it and showed Serra howt a striking match without illegal blows would look like.

Mark these words and TiTTy the thread after the fight is over: Nick Diaz WILL get punched and kicked by GSP. Don't be surprised if Diaz's scar tissue is a target GSP is actually training to hit. Don't be surprised if Nick gets his face bruised and bloodied. But GSP will get the takedowns where he sees Diaz swinging to the fences and to add ring control.

Nick is one of my favorite fighters. Escpecially after the fucking pounding he put on BJ and his idiotic fan base. But this is a stylewise fight that does not bode well for him. I wish he would go up or down in weight. Which I don't know if he can do. I'd like to see him win a belt before his career ends.

Still trolling...and always finds a way to disparage BJ. Just suck his cock already, would ya? Here, I'll take it out of my mouth so you can have a taste... Phone Post
LMAO !!! Phone Post
3/6/13 11:30 AM
GrizzlyAdams

I didn't know they fight on a rug. Oriental or Persian?
3/6/13 11:40 AM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/06/13 11:55 AM
Malvert the Janitor - 
ausgepicht -

Where did I disparage BJ?!?! Do you know how to read? 

Don't just take the cock out of your mouth, but remove the ballsack from your eyes so you can see I said NOTHING disparaging BJ. Or do you not possess a dictionary? Look up disparage. Thanks for proving my point about "idiotic fan base." Bam. Like clockwork.

Regardless, why not contribute to thread instead of panty wadding?

3/6/13 11:46 AM
Kirik
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/06/13 11:45 AM
The UnderGround, Mayor
Malvert the Janitor - 
ausgepicht -

Easy, tiger :-)

3/6/13 11:46 AM
ausgepicht

^HAHAHAHAHA!

3/6/13 11:53 AM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/06/13 11:53 AM
TEX4N - 
Malvert the Janitor -
ausgepicht -

LMAO !!! Phone Post

Tiger 2.0. "LMAO !!!" indeed.

3/6/13 11:59 AM
LAE

Becoming a big fan of Woodley. Good honest analysis. He obviously realised his style was winning him fights but not fans and he's gone after it vs Nate and Heiron. Is he booked atm? Phone Post
3/6/13 12:00 PM
Pyrenus

I saw a new preview for Diaz vs GSP where Dana is saying how mad GSP is and how he's really going to finish this time. No no, for real this time guyz!

3/6/13 12:06 PM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht -
TEX4N - 
Malvert the Janitor -
ausgepicht -

LMAO !!! Phone Post

Tiger 2.0. "LMAO !!!" indeed.

;) Phone Post
3/6/13 12:09 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/06/13 12:10 PM

Excellent. Feels good to have discussion with men instead of all these weepy, sandy vagina possessing Nancies for a change. Prolly because you are Texan and not an avacado Mandarin salad eating Californian. VTFU.

3/6/13 12:13 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

ausgepicht - 

I think waaaaaaaay too many people have revisionist versions of GSP's fights. He has stood with EVERYONE and uses his takedowns as he sees fit. His striking has become way underrated because his haters promote the revisionist idea that the bell rings and he just does takedown after takedown.

No one has outstruck him in any of his fights with the exception of Serra who needed a punch in the back of the head. Even though he tried to punch GSP in the back of the head in the second fight, he had obviously trained to expect it and showed Serra how a striking match without illegal blows would look like.

Mark these words and TiTTy the thread after the fight is over: Nick Diaz WILL get punched and kicked by GSP. Don't be surprised if Diaz's scar tissue is a target GSP is actually training to hit. Don't be surprised if Nick gets his face bruised and bloodied. But GSP will get the takedowns where he sees Diaz swinging to the fences and to add to his ring control and generalship.

Nick is one of my favorite fighters. Especially after the fucking pounding he put on BJ and his idiotic fan base. But this is a stylewise fight that does not bode well for him. I wish he would go up or down in weight. Which I don't know if he can do. I'd like to see him win a belt before his career ends.

He got outstruck on the feet by BJ Penn in their first fight.

LMFAO@ crying about Serra KTFO out of GSP with a 100% LEGAL strike. Pathetic.

ausgepicht

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 
ausgepicht -

Excellent. Feels good to have discussion with men instead of all these weepy, sandy vagina possessing Nancies for a change. Prolly because you are Texan and not an avacado Mandarin salad eating Californian.

Lol, please tell me how you're blue now Phone Post

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 
ausgepicht -

Excellent. Feels good to have discussion with men instead of all these weepy, sandy vagina possessing Nancies for a change. Prolly because you are Texan and not an avacado Mandarin salad eating Californian.

Finally stepped up and asked mom for allowance to buy it?

3/6/13 12:23 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/06/13 12:34 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
ausgepicht - 

He got outstruck on the feet by BJ Penn in their first fight.

LMFAO@ crying about Serra KTFO out of GSP with a 100% LEGAL strike. Pathetic.

He did not get outstruck by BJ. He did get eye-poked however. I hope you like the color green. It's my favorite!

This one is especially relevant to your LIE about being outstruck on the feet. Why lie?

100% legal? 

Orly?

3/6/13 12:25 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/06/13 12:28 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan - 
ausgepicht -

Finally stepped up and asked mom for allowance to buy it?

You are my Ken Shamrock. I am Tito. I walk in the room and you are already riled up. AHAHAHAHA! 

How about sticking to the thread topic Ken?

3/6/13 12:34 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Using a punch counter would be if I was talking about total VOLUME of strikes. BJ outstruck GSP in the feet in their first fight, not in total volume but in Effective striking. The person who lands the most # of strikes is not always the one who outstruck the other on the feet.

Henderson technically landed more total strikes on the feet vs Machida, but Machida outstruck Henderson.

Take the hat blinders off. (I know that's not possible for you, as no one is a bigger hater than you sir)

3/6/13 12:38 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 03/06/13 12:39 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Using a punch counter would be if I was talking about total VOLUME of strikes. BJ outstruck GSP in the feet in their first fight, not in total volume but in Effective striking. The person who lands the most # of strikes is not always the one who outstruck the other on the feet.

Henderson technically landed more total strikes on the feet vs Machida, but Machida outstruck Henderson.

Take the hat blinders off. (I know that's not possible for you, as no one is a bigger hater than you sir)

Wow. What an ostrich. If that facts don't back up your belief, change the facts. You "sir" are in deep denial. 

I accept your surrender.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.