UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> The end of drop-ins?

3/14/13 10:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hillary
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should have mentioned that was the price I was quoted (over the phone) 2-3 years ago and not current. That groupon deal does sound great. Phone Post
3/14/13 10:56 AM
Jweinberg
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man... seems excessive for a few hours training.  Back in December, I was out in California, stopped in at Xande Ribiero's school for 3 days.  Not only did he not charge me, but I was given a GI every class.  Great group of guys over there.  I also stopped in at Renato Magno's school -Street Sports BJJ and got the same treatment-great group of guys as well.  Everyone was so friendly. 

3/14/13 1:11 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seen a similar thread on another forum about AOJ charging $60, all white gi, no patches, etc...and they made a good point, its basically saying, no tourists without saying it, or at least keeping it down

They're a big name, guys would be dropping in like crazy, if you watch how they train, a lot of specific drills, very technical, all business, guys dropping in all the time who don't know there drills and techs would slow them down a lot and that's not how they train
3/15/13 10:49 PM
matt murdock
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lame. I don't charge for drop-ins. I'd rather get the positive yelp or other review, which I've gotten lots of due to free drop-ins.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.