UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Some advice for a white belt?

3/18/13 3:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McWilliams
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Join date is a complicated story.

An old school Hawiann tough guy turned up at the school, he's a blue (although he's been training in grappeling for YEARS) and a badass. He's smaller than me, but threw me around the mat like a rag-doll, fuck my life. Triangle-chokes, arm-bars, triangle arm-bars, kimuras. I think we rolled two five minutes rounds, and he tapped me over 5 times. He showed me exactly where I was in the game. I literally didn't pass his guard once

The next week when we rolled I was a little smarter, and I NEARLY got his back, but I swear the dude is slippery like a fucking eel and managed to wriggle his way into guard. He eventually tapped me with an arm-bar, but he only got me once in a five-minute round, so I did better.

The dude said after he has mats at home, and anytime I want a roll I should visit him, and that he can teach me some moves and drills. I told him, I'm only learning and class is enough for me at the moment, but I'm definitely gonna try to learn as much as I can from this dude.

I'm super busy at the moment with stuff outside of class, but I'm gonna buy JJ University in the next few weeks.
3/18/13 3:57 PM
Ray Cappa

I think the #1 thing you can do is stop being a fucking douche. Rolling is sparring lite, it's not a "fight." for fucksake.
3/18/13 3:59 PM
Ray Cappa

South Philly D - 

So you were like 13 when you joined this forum and are just now taking up BJJ and know nothing about it. Hmmm. Ok.

this
3/18/13 4:19 PM
McWilliams

Ray Cappa - I think the #1 thing you can do is stop being a fucking douche. Rolling is sparring lite, it's not a "fight." for fucksake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeUmifq4KAY

This is similar to how we roll in class.
3/18/13 4:31 PM
Ray Cappa

where you train?
3/18/13 4:35 PM
McWilliams

Just a small school, you won't know it.
3/18/13 5:26 PM
falsecrack
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/10 and only cause u got some of the guys to buy it

3/18/13 5:41 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
3/18/13 5:42 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

falsecrack -

5/10 and only cause u got some of the guys to buy it

It's a spin ?

:( Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.