UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fox Fallon: "I deserve the right to fight in WMMA"

3/7/13 4:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PINKsinglet
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:-(

3/7/13 5:32 PM
Stephen Eakin
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dmoney35 -
i remember halloween -
Stephen Eakin -  Slippery slope here. I'm all for equality an all, but.... No don't believe it is right. If women agree to it then its none of my business. Phone Post

It really isn't a slippery slope when you think about it.  The guy was born with a dick, balls, and has a Y chromosome = he is a male.  If someone loses their balls in an accident or from cancer are they all of a sudden a woman?  Just because one was intentional and one wasn't doesn't mean they are any different.  Fox Fallon is a guy and should compete against guys, period.

I have to agree Phone Post
I understand for sure. Maybe I should have used different terms.

I mean in terms of the media. Licensing these fights now have some added risk. If the other women agree to the fights though... Idk it's a very crazy situation. Phone Post
3/7/13 5:35 PM
Drunkenirishfc
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol seriously? Phone Post
3/7/13 6:02 PM
FJJ828
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uhhh.. No.

Next?

3/7/13 6:11 PM
Winston Wolf

no way
3/7/13 6:12 PM
Authority Figure

3/7/13 9:06 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also disagree with her point of view.

But i do think it is a little bit more nuanced then it seems. If she (i have no problem with calling her she if that is the way he/she wants to be identified) been to the whole process of becoming a woman you would imagine she would have been on a shit load of oestrogens and other female hormones. So she is pretty far from being a dude with a dick or a dude who got his dick cut off. I would imagine her testosterone levels would be fairly low as well compared to a similar male of the same hight and weight.

Having said that she still has a major unfair advantages over most or all woman (excluding Cyborg). So she should not be fight woman  because most likely has a big strenght and power advantage.She has a different bone structure,she has bigger feet,bigger hands etc etc.

She should not fighting men either though because of all the female hormones she most likely could never truly fairly compete with them. She would probably be comparable to a 50 year old Belfort who is not on TRT.

So basically she is fucked as a professional fighter. Unless they institute a tranny league. But that not really a realistic prospect at all.

Like Joe Rogan said,do whatever you want and people should acknowledge you as a she,that all good in the hood but you cannot fight woman period.

3/7/13 9:10 PM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparerently the only reason she was caught was that a former coach outed her. She was going to go on fooling everyone right to wherever she could have reached.

Shameful

3/7/13 9:34 PM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/07/13 9:34 PM

The fact that this has degenerated into bigots vs "she trains really hard and donated to my kids soccer team" or whatever. Where the people questioning legitimacy and looking for unbiased proof not brought by corrupt commissions have been buried and cast aside for vitriol and emotional support is so typically sad. This society is so far beyond incapable of having an adult conversation it's patehtic.

3/7/13 9:38 PM
The Ghost of Eatonbeever
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just imagine the outrage if he/she had knocked out a pretty girl like marloes or Ronda in that fashion and then. Been outed as a trans/ there would be a massive universal lunch mob. I hope the commission doesn't license he/she. As the sport doesn't need something like this to negatively effect it at this early stage in its life Phone Post
3/7/13 10:05 PM
Drewout
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is awesome news!! You see I just recently turned 38 and have been having serious withdrawls over the last 2 years, I am just not strong enough or fast enough to compete anymore.

Now I have the solution... I love MMA almost more than anything in life... All I have to do is cut my nuts off and I can now compete and most likely fight for the title within a year in WMMA!!!

YES - Insert Cartwheel GIF here!!!
3/7/13 10:13 PM
ShawnTheBadger
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New Leaf 1.0 - As long as the man or woman she is fighting agrees to it, I just don't see a problem. Consenting adults.

Would I let her compete for a women's championship in a promotion I ran, hell no. But, I'd let her fight against a man or woman who chose to accept a fight with her.

Agreed. Further, I am probably one of thee most tolerant folks on planet earth.

At the same time, I can certainly understand the genuine concern for skeletal (or other) differences between Fallon and a woman born with the correct plumbing.

Quote from previous link in this thread:

"I'm technically, legally, physically and mentally female," she said. "Everything about me is female"

She has solid ground to stand on. Given her physical transition, she would be eligible to compete in the Olympic Games as she meets the International Olympic Committees' standards for trans athletes. If she were so inclined, she would be eligible to compete on the LPGA Tour and the WTA."

Apparently Ms. Fallon would be eligible to compete in womens boxing, wrestling, Judo, and TKD in the Olympics.

Which means that some doctors, physiologists, endocrinologists, and surgeons (real smart dudes) from the Olympic Committee think it is perfectly safe for Fox Fallon to compete in Olympic combat sports.

So if those (Olympic) Doctors think it is safe for Fox Fallon to compete against other women in combat sports, who am I to question them?

That is what logic tells me.

At the same time, I could see other women competitors who did not want to fight Ms. Fallon, and I could understand their position as well.

3/7/13 10:24 PM
soremano

ChaosOverkill - 

The fact that this has degenerated into bigots vs "she trains really hard and donated to my kids soccer team" or whatever. Where the people questioning legitimacy and looking for unbiased proof not brought by corrupt commissions have been buried and cast aside for vitriol and emotional support is so typically sad. This society is so far beyond incapable of having an adult conversation it's patehtic.

the fact that you are crying all over the place about 'liberals' and 'political correctness' in thread after thread where most people support your point of view, anything to feel like a victim eh

jesus christ your posts are fucking retarded

3/7/13 10:34 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 03/07/13 10:34 PM
soremano - 
ChaosOverkill - 

the fact that you are crying all over the place about 'liberals' and 'political correctness' in thread after thread where most people support your point of view, anything to feel like a victim eh

jesus christ your posts are fucking retarded

I'm not a victim you shitstain, read how many people call her a freak and all that. I'm not agreeing with those people at all.

Be who you want to be but prove it doesn't give you an advantage find how many posts are about that and not freak or "SHe's ahard worker"

I'm making statement about society avoiding the actual dicsussion out of anger or PC offense but I'm sure it went over your child ass head.

3/7/13 10:40 PM
ChaosOverkill

ALl I'm saying is I'm whacking my head against the wall about how EVERYTIME there's an issue like this today the extremists hi-jack the argument and some weakminded PC idiot makes a decision based on optics because the extremists used the internet and media to pressure their way past due diligence.

Then something catastrophic happens because due diligence wasn't applied to the process and people look around at each other going "What happpened? We made a decision out of pure emotion, hate or blind support and it backfired! How is that possible?" and then they will do it all over again.

Look at how TMZ butchered this story with Ronda baiting people into an opinion with no facts whatsoever to add to the equation. The world is a fucking cess pool of ignorance.

3/7/13 10:41 PM
The Ghost of Eatonbeever
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drewout - This is awesome news!! You see I just recently turned 38 and have been having serious withdrawls over the last 2 years, I am just not strong enough or fast enough to compete anymore.

Now I have the solution... I love MMA almost more than anything in life... All I have to do is cut my nuts off and I can now compete and most likely fight for the title within a year in WMMA!!!

YES - Insert Cartwheel GIF here!!!
Haha vtfu when I get home. Phone Post
3/7/13 10:44 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 03/07/13 10:48 PM

And I should add my comments are related to the YOutube video's commentary and otehr websites that are covering this NOT just this thread and site.

Sorry should have made that clear. I'm so invested in this particular issue because I'm someone who has faced down riot police and campaigned with people for equal rights based on truth and not affecting someone else's life by giving equal rights. This is an idiot who can hurt people trying to confuse people into a rights debate that offends me.

Ie. It's beem said she's already been sanctioned for her next fight.

3/7/13 10:46 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is bullshit q Phone Post
3/7/13 10:49 PM
Thacommish
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger - 
New Leaf 1.0 - As long as the man or woman she is fighting agrees to it, I just don't see a problem. Consenting adults.

Would I let her compete for a women's championship in a promotion I ran, hell no. But, I'd let her fight against a man or woman who chose to accept a fight with her.

Agreed. Further, I am probably one of thee most tolerant folks on planet earth.

At the same time, I can certainly understand the genuine concern for skeletal (or other) differences between Fallon and a woman born with the correct plumbing.

Quote from previous link in this thread:

"I'm technically, legally, physically and mentally female," she said. "Everything about me is female"

She has solid ground to stand on. Given her physical transition, she would be eligible to compete in the Olympic Games as she meets the International Olympic Committees' standards for trans athletes. If she were so inclined, she would be eligible to compete on the LPGA Tour and the WTA."

Apparently Ms. Fallon would be eligible to compete in womens boxing, wrestling, Judo, and TKD in the Olympics.

Which means that some doctors, physiologists, endocrinologists, and surgeons (real smart dudes) from the Olympic Committee think it is perfectly safe for Fox Fallon to compete in Olympic combat sports.

So if those (Olympic) Doctors think it is safe for Fox Fallon to compete against other women in combat sports, who am I to question them?

That is what logic tells me.

At the same time, I could see other women competitors who did not want to fight Ms. Fallon, and I could understand their position as well.

"Which means that some doctors, physiologists, endocrinologists, and surgeons (real smart dudes) from the Olympic Committee think it is perfectly safe for Fox Fallon to compete in Olympic combat sports."
I was not aware she was seen and or approved by an Olympic committee or an athletic commission, from what i see in this thread a large part of the problem is her neglecting to do any of that, and in fact lying about it so as to not have to undergo this process..
3/7/13 10:50 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She claims she is the same as a woman? Bullshit. So if brock lesnar has a sex change he/she decides to fight its fair? I dont think so. Phone Post
3/7/13 11:11 PM
JSF1984

She has unfair advantages over normal women. It's plain and simple she shouldn't be allowed to compete. Doctors can say what they want but the truth is they don't compete so they don't know. If she wants to be a she that's fine but if he wants to fight it should be against men. Phone Post
3/7/13 11:24 PM
boulder40
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imma put what I read somewhere..if yussain bolt chopped off his shit would they let him run in the Olympics against women?..my thing is it was born a man, spent 32 years as a man and decided it couldn't hack it with men in competition and decided to hack it off? Come on now.. You can't just get female hormone injections and chop off the twig and berries and think its all good..NO DICE CHICKA GO BACK TO WHEREVER YOU POPPED OUT OF TO GET PUBLICITY.. You got your 15 minutes now leave Phone Post
3/7/13 11:34 PM
Jaybrone
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She went through puberty and developed the bone and muscular structure of a man for 20+ years yes? Then regardless of hormon treatment or penis removal she would have an advantage at least at some level.

However, If a girl is willing to fight her then I think it should be sanctioned provided the other fighter knows she was at one time a man.

3/7/13 11:51 PM
craigdonley
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Geez, a lot of ignorant and cruel people here.

It's already been established that legally she is female.

Does she have an advantage based on the "arguments" that people have cited (vision, bone structure, spacial navigation, etc)? Maybe, more leaning to yes.

But, if it's really an issue of advantage, make her fight 15 to 20 lbs lighter than her opponent i.e. if it's the 145 lb division that she's fighting in, then have her weigh-in at 130 lbs at weigh-in at mandatory weight. If she can't make weight, give her opponent 20% of her purse. Wouldn't that be a better compromise?
3/7/13 11:53 PM
ChaosOverkill

craigdonley - Geez, a lot of ignorant and cruel people here.

It's already been established that legally she is female.

Does she have an advantage based on the "arguments" that people have cited (vision, bone structure, spacial navigation, etc)? Maybe, more leaning to yes.

But, if it's really an issue of advantage, make her fight 15 to 20 lbs lighter than her opponent i.e. if it's the 145 lb division that she's fighting in, then have her weigh-in at 130 lbs at weigh-in at mandatory weight. If she can't make weight, give her opponent 20% of her purse. Wouldn't that be a better compromise?

how do you scientifically measure the advantages and determind how much of  weight 'handicap' is enough though?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.