UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP fans - check in!!

3/6/13 11:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ansari
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/06/13 11:44 PM

And this only goes back to December...

3/6/13 11:44 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SMS89 -  Will always be my favourite athlete, let alone MMA fighter, though mma is the only sport I follow.

Despite what the critics say, I am always on the edge of my seat when GSP fights. Also if you listen to the crowd, what other mma fighter gets a roaring reaction when they take an opponent down? The crowd goes CRAZY when GSP lands a takedown. Why? Because he does it quickly and explosively, and when he's on top... HE WORKS! Phone Post

QFT.

I don't think I've ever been more engrossed in a sporting event than when Georges made his entrance at UFC 154.  My heart was pounding out of my chest.

The only moment that competes with it was the 2010 Canada/USA gold medal ice hockey game.

3/6/13 11:44 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
KingOfFighters - Blah blah blah n00b, he can't finish a sandwhich, GOATS finish fights period. He's ducking anderson silva, he'll never be an all time great. He's not doing himself any favors by ducking bigger challenges at 185. I am not impressed by this yellow tucker, avoiding fights.He does not compare to the record, prestige, praise, and respect that anderson gets.
Why is it suddenly okay to fighter bash and troll incessantly on the UG? The mods won't do anything about it for some reason. Phone Post

Did I ever lie? He's been ducking anderson for 6 years now. Is he avoiding greater challenges? Of course, ask any gsp if they think anyone at 170 will give gsp trouble, they will all laugh and say GSP by domination 5 round UD.

Don't feed this dude your arguments.  He thrives off of it.

I'm not going to. I just don't get it. He may be the worst, but he isn't the only one getting away with it. It's like the tos changed to allow bashing and trolling. Phone Post
3/6/13 11:47 PM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
KingOfFighters - Blah blah blah n00b, he can't finish a sandwhich, GOATS finish fights period. He's ducking anderson silva, he'll never be an all time great. He's not doing himself any favors by ducking bigger challenges at 185. I am not impressed by this yellow tucker, avoiding fights.He does not compare to the record, prestige, praise, and respect that anderson gets.
Why is it suddenly okay to fighter bash and troll incessantly on the UG? The mods won't do anything about it for some reason. Phone Post

Did I ever lie? He's been ducking anderson for 6 years now. Is he avoiding greater challenges? Of course, ask any gsp if they think anyone at 170 will give gsp trouble, they will all laugh and say GSP by domination 5 round UD.

All you effeminate beta gsp fans always run to gsp's rescue, like a woman defending her man. All of you constantly follow me on threads, like bitter enraged vindictive women.

One theory I've pondered is that gsp fans were all victims of bullying, they thrive on the beta male overcoming adversity. He is the beta males hero, every kid that's gotten his ass kicked by alphas is a fan of this guy.

I was never bullied as a kid (but certainly wasn't an "alpha" either), but the fact that Georges openly admits he was bullied is one of my favourite things about him.  I love the candour and confidence it takes to admit that so publicly.

But that's just Georges - he was bullied as a kid, and rose from it to become one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time.  There's no BS with GSP.  He admits that he was scared after the first round of the first BJ Penn fight, and yet he came back in the 2nd and 3rd to win the fight.

You know how few fighters would admit they're scared during a fight?  And don't tell me it's because they're not - any fighter is scared before battle.  It's natural.

His humility and honesty is remarkable, especially when you consider he gets paid to fight people. He is the key example to use for detractors of MMA that say it is barbaric and brutal.

Guys like GSP and Anderson emphasize the Art of Mixed Martial Arts. Watching either guy perform is almost like poetry in motion, at least for me. It's beautiful.

I remember when he was interviewed about the violence of MMA versus other sports and his answer was something along the lines of:
"A sport like mixed martial arts uses violence as a means to an end, it is an intended part of the sport that the athletes are diligently trained for, and it is well controlled. Compare it to a sport like hockey where players are often legitimately trying to injure one another. Which sport should really be scrutinized for the violence?" Thats extreme paraphrasing, but you get the point.

Then he went on to talk about Dinosaurs, which are awesome. Phone Post
3/6/13 11:48 PM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SMS89 - 

Anyone notice how GSP fans are typically very respectful to other fighters, even if that fighter's fans are anti-GSP?

I for one love Nick Diaz and love to watch him fight.  Not an ounce of ill will towards him.  Some of his fans, however, I can't say the same about.

Most of us GSP fans are Canadians. Coincidence? I think not. Phone Post

Agreed.  Ontario native here.

Me too. Phone Post
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

I'm not going to. I just don't get it. He may be the worst, but he isn't the only one getting away with it. It's like the tos changed to allow bashing and trolling. Phone Post

Can't really say anything now, because I just got sucked into another debate.  I really dunno why so much fighter bashing is allowed.

The problem with it is that it's a vicious circle.  Person A bashes person B's favourite fighter, and so then person B bashes person A's favourite fighter etc.

SMH.

KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

All you effeminate beta gsp fans always run to gsp's rescue, like a woman defending her man. All of you constantly follow me on threads, like bitter enraged vindictive women.

One theory I've pondered is that gsp fans were all victims of bullying, they thrive on the beta male overcoming adversity. He is the beta males hero, every kid that's gotten his ass kicked by alphas is a fan of this guy.

I was never bullied as a kid (but certainly wasn't an "alpha" either), but the fact that Georges openly admits he was bullied is one of my favourite things about him.  I love the candour and confidence it takes to admit that so publicly.

But that's just Georges - he was bullied as a kid, and rose from it to become one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time.  There's no BS with GSP.  He admits that he was scared after the first round of the first BJ Penn fight, and yet he came back in the 2nd and 3rd to win the fight.

You know how few fighters would admit they're scared during a fight?  And don't tell me it's because they're not - any fighter is scared before battle.  It's natural.

I don't understand how you as a Canadian, do not expect more of your champion. Do you not have any constructive criticism to say about GSP? He's just perfect? Would you be satisfied if every fight he won from now until retiredment was a decision?

GSP's story is admirable, and I readily admit it would make a great hollywood movie. He's a hardworker, and humble guy. Because of his struggles he does not have the alpha mentality. Someone calls him a bitch he just smiles. If Diaz called him out in a street fight, george would not engage.
3/6/13 11:50 PM
SMS89

SMS89 -  Will always be my favourite athlete, let alone MMA fighter, though mma is the only sport I follow.

Despite what the critics say, I am always on the edge of my seat when GSP fights. Also if you listen to the crowd, what other mma fighter gets a roaring reaction when they take an opponent down? The crowd goes CRAZY when GSP lands a takedown. Why? Because he does it quickly and explosively, and when he's on top... HE WORKS! Phone Post

QFT.

I don't think I've ever been more engrossed in a sporting event than when Georges made his entrance at UFC 154.  My heart was pounding out of my chest.

The only moment that competes with it was the 2010 Canada/USA gold medal ice hockey game.

Dude I was there live at UFC 129 in Toronto.

You had to be there to understand the energy in the air when he made his entrance. Goosebumps can't begin to describe the feeling. I've never experienced something like that before.

60,000 people losing their minds, screaming at the top of their lungs, stamping their feet, all for this one French Canadian dude in a Gi and headband running to the cage with French Hip Hop blasting in the background. I lost my voice that night. Phone Post
3/6/13 11:50 PM
sodagoespop

GSP wins this rather easily; 1,2,3,4,5
3/6/13 11:53 PM
Swayze Express

GSP will show the world that Nick Diaz is a B class fighter whos hype will come to an end.
3/6/13 11:56 PM

KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

I don't understand how you as a Canadian, do not expect more of your champion. Do you not have any constructive criticism to say about GSP? He's just perfect? Would you be satisfied if every fight he won from now until retiredment was a decision?

GSP's story is admirable, and I readily admit it would make a great hollywood movie. He's a hardworker, and humble guy. Because of his struggles he does not have the alpha mentality. Someone calls him a bitch he just smiles. If Diaz called him out in a street fight, george would not engage.

Much better post.  

No, GSP is not perfect.  Nobody is.  Don't get me wrong, I find every GSP performance exciting (even the Hardy one), but sometimes I do wish he could regain some of that killer instinct he used to have.  But Georges fights to win, and taking the path of least resistance is most often conducive to winning.  If that's a decision win, I have no gripes.

For me winning is more important than being exciting. 

But I take the good with the bad, and for me there's so many more things I like about GSP than dislike.  The ratio is at least 100:1

3/6/13 11:57 PM
MikeHavik

In Phone Post
3/6/13 11:58 PM

SMS89 - 

QFT.

Dude I was there live at UFC 129 in Toronto.

You had to be there to understand the energy in the air when he made his entrance. Goosebumps can't begin to describe the feeling. I've never experienced something like that before.

60,000 people losing their minds, screaming at the top of their lungs, stamping their feet, all for this one French Canadian dude in a Gi and headband running to the cage with French Hip Hop blasting in the background. I lost my voice that night. Phone Post

Haha so was I, both Toronto events for that matter.

The only thing that could conceivably compete with Georges competing in Canada is Anderson in Brazil.

3/6/13 11:59 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for GSP domination! Phone Post
3/7/13 12:00 AM

SMS89 - 
KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

His humility and honesty is remarkable, especially when you consider he gets paid to fight people. He is the key example to use for detractors of MMA that say it is barbaric and brutal.

Guys like GSP and Anderson emphasize the Art of Mixed Martial Arts. Watching either guy perform is almost like poetry in motion, at least for me. It's beautiful.

I remember when he was interviewed about the violence of MMA versus other sports and his answer was something along the lines of:
"A sport like mixed martial arts uses violence as a means to an end, it is an intended part of the sport that the athletes are diligently trained for, and it is well controlled. Compare it to a sport like hockey where players are often legitimately trying to injure one another. Which sport should really be scrutinized for the violence?" Thats extreme paraphrasing, but you get the point.

Then he went on to talk about Dinosaurs, which are awesome. Phone Post

Agreed.  He's such a good ambassador of the sport.  Him, Anderson and Jones would be the first 3 fighters I would show to a new MMA fan.

Let's be honest - you can put GSP on CNN, Sportscenter, TSN etc., but you can't really say the same about Chris Leben (even though I love him).

3/7/13 12:01 AM
Wicked smahtMF

KingOfFighters - There is nothing to appreciate about a man with all the gifts and talents in the world, wasting them away because of his cowardly approach to fighting. Hardy doesn't compete at the level to fight in the ufc, yet somehow gsp carried this guy to a decision. Couldn't finish a blind koscheck, there is not excuse for that.

He gets hit with a kick by condit, immediately starts hugging, like an infant reaching for his mother, yet inferior beta male gsp fans claims this was a display of heart? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what heart is? What Vanderlei, and Stann displayed. They both got dropped numerous times, and bravely stood up, fight through adversity, and persevered to give us one of the most memorable fights of all time.

GSP has no heart, no balls, no bravado.

There's not an MMA fighter today whose style I dislike.  Fighting is about winning to me.  I also love Wandy and Stann and thought that fight was simply amazing. Not gonna stoop to your level and fighter bash, but I really do hope you get banned.

You contribute nothing to this thread, and moreover this forum.  Just leave if you don't like GSP.

Edit - at least you admit he has talent.  There's at least something redeemable about that garbage you posted.

oK, BUT THAT KICKDONTHURT, if u got in a fight, what would winning be based on? Take downs? controlling someone/ position? i mean really? there is an art to fighting and it exists in both more and less techincal forms, but it should still be about fighting. not "winning" based on technicalities and exploiting flaws in the unified rules. U think its satisfying/ decisive to say i won that FIGHT based on getting this many takedowns more than my opponent or this superior position relative to that of my opponent. its a fight and even the novice should be able to watch it and tell you exactly who won no different from any fight between two people.
3/7/13 12:02 AM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - There is nothing to appreciate about a man with all the gifts and talents in the world, wasting them away because of his cowardly approach to fighting. Hardy doesn't compete at the level to fight in the ufc, yet somehow gsp carried this guy to a decision. Couldn't finish a blind koscheck, there is not excuse for that.

He gets hit with a kick by condit, immediately starts hugging, like an infant reaching for his mother, yet inferior beta male gsp fans claims this was a display of heart? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what heart is? What Vanderlei, and Stann displayed. They both got dropped numerous times, and bravely stood up, fight through adversity, and persevered to give us one of the most memorable fights of all time.

"GSP has no heart, no balls, no bravado."

you're right, no fighter bashing there! 

3/7/13 12:13 AM

Edited: 03/07/13 12:17 AM
Wicked smahtMF - 

There's not an MMA fighter today whose style I dislike.  Fighting is about winning to me.  I also love Wandy and Stann and thought that fight was simply amazing. Not gonna stoop to your level and fighter bash, but I really do hope you get banned.

You contribute nothing to this thread, and moreover this forum.  Just leave if you don't like GSP.

Edit - at least you admit he has talent.  There's at least something redeemable about that garbage you posted.

oK, BUT THAT KICKDONTHURT, if u got in a fight, what would winning be based on? Take downs? controlling someone/ position? i mean really? there is an art to fighting and it exists in both more and less techincal forms, but it should still be about fighting. not "winning" based on technicalities and exploiting flaws in the unified rules. U think its satisfying/ decisive to say i won that FIGHT based on getting this many takedowns more than my opponent or this superior position relative to that of my opponent. its a fight and even the novice should be able to watch it and tell you exactly who won no different from any fight between two people.

I do see that point bro, I really do.  To respond, I'll offer two counterpoints.

The first is that you act like Georges takes a guy down and simply lays on him, which is not the case. GSP has landed the most strikes in UFC history, so obviously he's not just cuddling these guys when the fight hits the floor.

And the second is that I consider mixed martial arts a sport.  To me it's not a street fight.  In any sport the main goal is victory, and I wanna see fighters go out there and fight in a way that is most likely to earn them a victory.  Sports have rules and regulations, and one of those rules in MMA is that fights last 3 or 5 rounds. If a fight ends without a finish, you need to be able to declare a winner.  Georges is excellent at winning fights, and the reason he's so successful is because he fights in a way that minimizes risk.

That's what I wanna see - fighters fighting to the best of their abilities.  If you wanna characterize that as cowardly and boring, that's fine.  

3/7/13 12:17 AM
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

So in your warped world view, Alpha = Loser and Beta = Winner?

Also, fun fact here, KingofFighters has admitted on the record that he takes great pleasure in sucking large, purple throbbing cocks. He asked me if he could blow me once, I respectfully declined and went about my day. I'm not gonna say I wasn't flattered, but the whole incident just didn't sit well with me. I considered reporting him, but then thought of all of his contributions that the forum would lack, such as. . . rather, he always offers quite a. . . no, no, I can't think of anything. It seems that in the 13 or so years he's spent here he actually hasn't contributed anything to the forum, at least under this screen name.

What if the reason that he Kirik doesn't ban KOF is. . . Kirik IS KOF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
3/7/13 12:21 AM
Wicked smahtMF

Wicked smahtMF - 

I do see that point bro, I really do.  To respond, I'll offer two counterpoints.

The first is that you act like Georges takes a guy down and simply lays on him, which is not the case. GSP has landed the most strikes in UFC history, so obviously he's not just cuddling these guys when the fight hits the floor.

And the second is that I consider mixed martial arts a sport.  To me it's not a street fight.  In any sport the main goal is victory, and I wanna see fighters go out there and fight in a way that is most likely to earn them a victory.  Sports have rules and regulations, and one of those rules in MMA is that fights last 3 or 5 rounds. If a fight ends without a finish, you need to be able to declare a winner.  Georges is excellent at winning fights, and the reason he's so successful is because he fights in a way that minimizes risk.

That's what I wanna see - fighters fighting to the best of their abilities.  If you wanna characterize that as cowardly and boring, that's fine.  

cowardly is too much. sport yes. of course its a sport. a sport is just a form of athletic competition. this particular form is fighting. the only acceptable criteria for winning a fight is the same as it is in any fight. from the street to the hockey rink, anywhere. its who would u rather have been in there. thats the only reference to "street fights" i made. if the rules were interpreted and applied correctly they would be sufficient also imo
3/7/13 12:25 AM
SoupCan
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters is so blindly in love with GSP that its turned to anger, he wants so badly to be half the alpha that George is that he takes to every thread with the intentions of bashing GSP. KOF you try so hard to bring GSP down to your beta level and you fail everytime. Congrats on the weight loss though

What's your other SN KingOfFighters? Phone Post
3/7/13 12:28 AM
beatbum
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ansari - 
SoupCan -  Phone Post

I used this .gif to explain to someone how the superman punch can be so effective. BJ raising his leg to check a kick says it all.

There must be a better choice of gif no? First, he's not doing a regular Superman. That's GSP's advanced, remixed, super-charged version of the Superman. Second, BJ lifts his leg late as hell, right?? lol, is GSP that fast that it looks like BJ just froze until the punch pretty much landed??

3/7/13 12:32 AM
KingOfFighters

KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Much better post.  

No, GSP is not perfect.  Nobody is.  Don't get me wrong, I find every GSP performance exciting (even the Hardy one), but sometimes I do wish he could regain some of that killer instinct he used to have.  But Georges fights to win, and taking the path of least resistance is most often conducive to winning.  If that's a decision win, I have no gripes.

For me winning is more important than being exciting. 

But I take the good with the bad, and for me there's so many more things I like about GSP than dislike.  The ratio is at least 100:1

Funny I have the same mentality "fuck the variables, I'm in it to win it". The thing is with GSP, he's so fucking god damn talented, he should be finishing fights while making it look effortless. Pre serra gsp was my 2nd favorite fighter, around the 3rd-4th post serra fight I became agitated. Especially with the Silva thing, I originally forcasted GSP would win because he'd be a stylistic nightmare for Silva. I felt at the time that I believed more in gsp, than he believed in himself, once I heard all the silly excuses, especially about him having to consult his sponsors wtf?

So overtime, clashing with GSP's fans who claim he can do no wrong, I became really turned off. Much like bispings fans haven't done him any favors over the years. Someone says GSP is crappy at making a pizza, there will be somebody saying fuck that gsp makes the best pizzas, you just can't appreciate his style of pizza.
3/7/13 12:36 AM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first of all, gsp does make the best pizzas so shove that right up your ass.  second of all, bispings fans have been irritating to hell and back but i still don't shit on bisping every time his name is brought up.  you're an immature asshole who fighter bashes on a regular basis.  make up all the excuses you want, nobody is buying that shit. 

3/7/13 12:37 AM
SoupCan
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -
KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

This is the stupidest shit you've ever wrote KOF, of course the long time WW champion would not engage in a street fight. What is he suppose to do, get all mad and sucker punch a guy like Daley did? He is a mixed martial artist, not a bouncer, not a kid in a flashy t, not some shadow boxing goon at the fucking gym... He's a UFC champion.

If he wasn't held in such a high standard and Diaz or anyone else approached him and wanted to fight him in the street on pavement or concrete they would get murdered. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.