UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP fans - check in!!

3/7/13 12:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan -  GSP is a truly amazing athlete. Not only that, he handles fight and non-fight situations with poise, calmness, professionalism, and character. If I wasn't such a fan of Nick Diaz, without a doubt I'd be a bigger GSP fan.

He is probably the most well-rounded mixed martial artist out there. Here are some cool moments from his handling of Carlos Condit.

Using a diversified attack, he had Condit continuously guessing and continuously losing. Even with that headkick in the third, I thought he did enough to win the round, and he won every other round on even Cecil Peoples' score card. This guy is a handful for anyone, and if you're not fully prepared or aren't fully ready to fight, you get fucking beaten severely and embarrassed.

I posted here because I like the OP and a lot of the guys who have posted in here, because I like GSP, and because the Diaz thread is a little too obvious of a troll for me to partake. I make enough Diaz dick sucking threads/posts that I'm still considered part of the crew, plus only an idiot would say that, as a fan, you can't respect or like the guy you don't want to win. Cool thread, guys. Phone Post

Best post of the thread.

I guess I can only speak for myself, although I'm sure many others feel the same way, but the respect is reciprocal.  I love Nick Diaz, and I think what best encapsulates that is how much less interested I was in SF after Diaz left.  To me, he was that organization.  His win over Daley is the greatest 1 round fight of all time as far as I'm concerned.

I wish more fans could be like this guy, and appreciate both fighters despite the fact that they're polar opposites. They take very different approaches to winning but both are extremely successful, which is the bottom line to me.  

Nick couldn't do what Georges does, and Georges couldn't do what Nick does, and people need to realize this and respect both fighters on their own terms.

Regardless, he's an amazing fighter and Georges has his hands full.

3/7/13 12:40 AM
SoupCan
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

first of all, gsp does make the best pizzas so shove that right up your ass.  second of all, bispings fans have been irritating to hell and back but i still don't shit on bisping every time his name is brought up.  you're an immature asshole who fighter bashes on a regular basis.  make up all the excuses you want, nobody is buying that shit. 

KingOfFighters is that lonely kid who likes what everyone else likes... Phone Post
3/7/13 12:41 AM
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 

first of all, gsp does make the best pizzas so shove that right up your ass.  second of all, bispings fans have been irritating to hell and back but i still don't shit on bisping every time his name is brought up.  you're an immature asshole who fighter bashes on a regular basis.  make up all the excuses you want, nobody is buying that shit. 

And you're a punk bitch that sees no flaws in his man. The one fight GSP could of showed heart, he tapped. GSP was never on queer street, he was completely coherent when he tapped. He got up walked about the ring fine, looked ready to go for another fight. Calling GSP out on his flaws is not fighter bashing, regardless of what you say. I'm pointing out facts son, until he shows heart in another fight, I will continue to call him out on his lack of bravery, courage, heart, balls, budo, bravado, machismo etc etc list goes on and on
3/7/13 12:46 AM
ChaosOverkill
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/07/13 12:47 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
Nick Diaz Number 1 Fan -  GSP is a truly amazing athlete. Not only that, he handles fight and non-fight situations with poise, calmness, professionalism, and character. If I wasn't such a fan of Nick Diaz, without a doubt I'd be a bigger GSP fan.

He is probably the most well-rounded mixed martial artist out there. Here are some cool moments from his handling of Carlos Condit.

Using a diversified attack, he had Condit continuously guessing and continuously losing. Even with that headkick in the third, I thought he did enough to win the round, and he won every other round on even Cecil Peoples' score card. This guy is a handful for anyone, and if you're not fully prepared or aren't fully ready to fight, you get fucking beaten severely and embarrassed.

I posted here because I like the OP and a lot of the guys who have posted in here, because I like GSP, and because the Diaz thread is a little too obvious of a troll for me to partake. I make enough Diaz dick sucking threads/posts that I'm still considered part of the crew, plus only an idiot would say that, as a fan, you can't respect or like the guy you don't want to win. Cool thread, guys. Phone Post

Best post of the thread.

I guess I can only speak for myself, although I'm sure many others feel the same way, but the respect is reciprocal.  I love Nick Diaz, and I think what best encapsulates that is how much less interested I was in SF after Diaz left.  To me, he was that organization.  His win over Daley is the greatest 1 round fight of all time as far as I'm concerned.

I wish more fans could be like this guy, and appreciate both fighters despite the fact that they're polar opposites. They take very different approaches to winning but both are extremely successful, which is the bottom line to me.  

Nick couldn't do what Georges does, and Georges couldn't do what Nick does, and people need to realize this and respect both fighters on their own terms.

Yes perfectly reasonable by a Diaz fan I salute the logic and equal respect. I am a GSP fan with great fondness for Diaz's fights and fight style.

THe fans win seeing this fight pure and simple. I will not be more than sad for GSP if he we're to lose, Diaz is an exciting fighter, I just hold the odds against him.

War both of these guys, this fight is going to be great.

3/7/13 12:52 AM
SoupCan
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

Best post of the thread.

You know after the primetime with Condit I started to like Nick a little how he talked about the media and weight cut leading up to the fight. It's good to hear real things from fighters like that, it's what I appreciate from GSP as well. The thing that I don't understand is why Nick wouldn't come out and say why he missed the pressers, there's been alot of speculation like an anxiety disorder and if that's the case why wouldn't anyone on his team talk of it. With his fame he could only shed light on the subject which is a huge one right? Phone Post
3/7/13 12:55 AM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
suess - 

And you're a punk bitch that sees no flaws in his man. The one fight GSP could of showed heart, he tapped. GSP was never on queer street, he was completely coherent when he tapped. He got up walked about the ring fine, looked ready to go for another fight. Calling GSP out on his flaws is not fighter bashing, regardless of what you say. I'm pointing out facts son, until he shows heart in another fight, I will continue to call him out on his lack of bravery, courage, heart, balls, budo, bravado, machismo etc etc list goes on and on

don't hurt my feelings with the name calling!  

how do you know what GSP was feeling?  did he say in an interview he was perfectly fine when he tapped?  link?

sure, you can continue fighter bashing, it's obvious the mods and admins here couldn't give a fuck less.  i hope you don't think anyone is taking you seriously when you talk all that shit about gsp though, when he's going in there against the most dangerous guys in his division and beats the piss out of them.

3/7/13 12:59 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
suess - 

Does it take heart to survive Condit's shin bone and ground and pound?

Or no because that would ruin your troll angle?

3/7/13 1:00 AM
SoupCan

I've called KingOfFighters out twice in two different threads I made, he's a beta ass bitch Phone Post
3/7/13 1:01 AM
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SoupCan - 

Best post of the thread.

You know after the primetime with Condit I started to like Nick a little how he talked about the media and weight cut leading up to the fight. It's good to hear real things from fighters like that, it's what I appreciate from GSP as well. The thing that I don't understand is why Nick wouldn't come out and say why he missed the pressers, there's been alot of speculation like an anxiety disorder and if that's the case why wouldn't anyone on his team talk of it. With his fame he could only shed light on the subject which is a huge one right? Phone Post

I agree with you to an extent, but in another way I wouldn't want Nick to change.

That's the thing about NIck - there's no filter, there's no way to predict what he's gonna do.  There are definitely things he could do differently to advance his career, but the moment you start to try to package Nick you risk losing what makes him so special.

I can't really comment on the anxiety disorder part, as it's purely speculation as to whether he actually has one.  From what I've heard, he's totally normal when he's with his friends/out of the spotlight.  It's only when he's under the scrutiny of MMA media that he starts acting strangely.

3/7/13 1:04 AM
richit

This threads just solidifies my backing of GSP Phone Post
3/7/13 1:04 AM

I'm pleased with the amount of intelligent, insightful and respectful MMA conversation (KOF's contributions notwithstanding) that's gone on in this thread.

This place is great sometimes.

3/7/13 1:05 AM
lockon
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love him or hate him, the sport would be in big trouble without him.  He's easily the PPV king of MMA, and he did it without shooting his mouth off and being controversial like Brock and Mayweather did.

Lol @ this shit.

Yeah, Mayweather's only a PPV draw because of his talking skills, it has nothing to do with him being one of the best boxing talents of the last decade.

Placing Mayweather and Brock in the same sentence like that is disturbing. Phone Post
3/7/13 1:07 AM
SoupCan

SoupCan - 

Best post of the thread.

I agree with you to an extent, but in another way I wouldn't want Nick to change.

That's the thing about NIck - there's no filter, there's no way to predict what he's gonna do.  There are definitely things he could do differently to advance his career, but the moment you start to try to package Nick you risk losing what makes him so special.

I can't really comment on the anxiety disorder part, as it's purely speculation as to whether he actually has one.  From what I've heard, he's totally normal when he's with his friends/out of the spotlight.  It's only when he's under the scrutiny of MMA media that he starts acting strangely.

Yeah, I wouldn't ask anyone to change they way they are but maybe someone close to him, CG or Layzie could do a better job with the media coverage he gets, I think it would open alot of eyes to see him teaching the classes be teaches or about his dedication to mma. It certainly changed my opinion about him knowing those things, I mean he know where near a favorite of mine but I acknowledge him alot more as a professional then I did. Phone Post
3/7/13 1:14 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lockon - 

Love him or hate him, the sport would be in big trouble without him.  He's easily the PPV king of MMA, and he did it without shooting his mouth off and being controversial like Brock and Mayweather did.

Lol @ this shit.

Yeah, Mayweather's only a PPV draw because of his talking skills, it has nothing to do with him being one of the best boxing talents of the last decade.

Placing Mayweather and Brock in the same sentence like that is disturbing. Phone Post

I think he meant a big part of Mayweather's ppv success is how well he markets himself, GSP doesn't really do anything extra. Mayweather would tell you he does a great job marketing himself. It doesn't take away from his boxing skill.

3/7/13 1:15 AM

Edited: 03/07/13 1:20 AM
lockon - 

Lol @ this shit.

Way to completely misinterpret what I said.

I'm a huge boxing fan, and you're dreaming if you think Floyd didn't become such a big star because of his controversial lifestyle.  HBO 24/7 made Floyd the star he is today, and he made 24/7 the program it is today.  Obviously Floyd wouldn't be the PPV star he is without being 43-0, but you're also lying if you say that's the only reason for his stardom.

Look at Floyd pre-De La Hoya fight and before he was his own promoter (when he didn't have the licence to say whatever he wanted), he was in the shadow of guys like Mosley and De La Hoya (even if he was more talented).

And I was only comparing Brock to Floyd based on his drawing power alone, and while it still isn't close, he's the closest thing MMA had to Floyd when it comes to PPV.

3/7/13 1:18 AM

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
lockon - 

Lol @ this shit.

I think he meant a big part of Mayweather's ppv success is how well he markets himself, GSP doesn't really do anything extra. Mayweather would tell you he does a great job marketing himself. It doesn't take away from his boxing skill.

Exactly.  Floyd prides himself on his marketing and promotional ability.  When he was promoted by Arum back in the day, all he did was complain how he wasn't getting enough exposure.

Since he dropped Arum and fought Oscar, he's become a huge star and marketed himself brilliantly.

3/7/13 1:24 AM
lockon

^ I understand what you're putting down. I've enjoyed all the cool gifs and overall positive mood of this thread, reading that just made it go south for a second. Mayweather has undoubtedly been just as dominant, if not more so, than GSP has in his own respective sport. If you want to add the ability to talk and sell fights on top of that, you can. I'm not downplaying his ability to sell fights or tearing down other fighters when trying to hype my own favorite up, which seems to be a real trend here.

If I had you misinterpreted I apologize.
3/7/13 1:25 AM
lockon

And by "here" I don't mean this thread specifically, rather the UG as of the past few years.
3/7/13 1:26 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

lockon - ^ I understand what you're putting down. I've enjoyed all the cool gifs and overall positive mood of this thread, reading that just made it go south for a second. Mayweather has undoubtedly been just as dominant, if not more so, than GSP has in his own respective sport. If you want to add the ability to talk and sell fights on top of that, you can. I'm not downplaying his ability to sell fights or tearing down other fighters when trying to hype my own favorite up, which seems to be a real trend here.

In terms of how they win fights I think Mayweather and GSP are very similar

3/7/13 1:27 AM
flip_guard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

Balls deep in!!!! Phone Post
3/7/13 1:28 AM
lockon

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
lockon - ^ I understand what you're putting down. I've enjoyed all the cool gifs and overall positive mood of this thread, reading that just made it go south for a second. Mayweather has undoubtedly been just as dominant, if not more so, than GSP has in his own respective sport. If you want to add the ability to talk and sell fights on top of that, you can. I'm not downplaying his ability to sell fights or tearing down other fighters when trying to hype my own favorite up, which seems to be a real trend here.

In terms of how they win fights I think Mayweather and GSP are very similar

I agree.
3/7/13 1:29 AM
Nonlinear

KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
KingOfFighters - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
KingOfFighters - Blah blah blah n00b, he can't finish a sandwhich, GOATS finish fights period. He's ducking anderson silva, he'll never be an all time great. He's not doing himself any favors by ducking bigger challenges at 185. I am not impressed by this yellow tucker, avoiding fights.He does not compare to the record, prestige, praise, and respect that anderson gets.
Why is it suddenly okay to fighter bash and troll incessantly on the UG? The mods won't do anything about it for some reason. Phone Post

Did I ever lie? He's been ducking anderson for 6 years now. Is he avoiding greater challenges? Of course, ask any gsp if they think anyone at 170 will give gsp trouble, they will all laugh and say GSP by domination 5 round UD.

Don't feed this dude your arguments.  He thrives off of it.

All you effeminate beta gsp fans always run to gsp's rescue, like a woman defending her man. All of you constantly follow me on threads, like bitter enraged vindictive women.

One theory I've pondered is that gsp fans were all victims of bullying, they thrive on the beta male overcoming adversity. He is the beta males hero, every kid that's gotten his ass kicked by alphas is a fan of this guy.

I was never bullied as a kid (but certainly wasn't an "alpha" either), but the fact that Georges openly admits he was bullied is one of my favourite things about him.  I love the candour and confidence it takes to admit that so publicly.

But that's just Georges - he was bullied as a kid, and rose from it to become one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time.  There's no BS with GSP.  He admits that he was scared after the first round of the first BJ Penn fight, and yet he came back in the 2nd and 3rd to win the fight.

You know how few fighters would admit they're scared during a fight?  And don't tell me it's because they're not - any fighter is scared before battle.  It's natural.

I don't understand how you as a Canadian, do not expect more of your champion. Do you not have any constructive criticism to say about GSP? He's just perfect? Would you be satisfied if every fight he won from now until retiredment was a decision?

GSP's story is admirable, and I readily admit it would make a great hollywood movie. He's a hardworker, and humble guy. Because of his struggles he does not have the alpha mentality. Someone calls him a bitch he just smiles. If Diaz called him out in a street fight, george would not engage.

Much better post.  

No, GSP is not perfect.  Nobody is.  Don't get me wrong, I find every GSP performance exciting (even the Hardy one), but sometimes I do wish he could regain some of that killer instinct he used to have.  But Georges fights to win, and taking the path of least resistance is most often conducive to winning.  If that's a decision win, I have no gripes.

For me winning is more important than being exciting. 

But I take the good with the bad, and for me there's so many more things I like about GSP than dislike.  The ratio is at least 100:1

Funny I have the same mentality "fuck the variables, I'm in it to win it". The thing is with GSP, he's so fucking god damn talented, he should be finishing fights while making it look effortless. Pre serra gsp was my 2nd favorite fighter, around the 3rd-4th post serra fight I became agitated. Especially with the Silva thing, I originally forcasted GSP would win because he'd be a stylistic nightmare for Silva. I felt at the time that I believed more in gsp, than he believed in himself, once I heard all the silly excuses, especially about him having to consult his sponsors wtf?

So overtime, clashing with GSP's fans who claim he can do no wrong, I became really turned off. Much like bispings fans haven't done him any favors over the years. Someone says GSP is crappy at making a pizza, there will be somebody saying fuck that gsp makes the best pizzas, you just can't appreciate his style of pizza.

You have the same mentality?  How is that working out for you, whoever you are?  You're an anonymous nobody nothingman on the Internet trying to talk shit about a champion. 

3/7/13 1:30 AM

No worries dude.  Mayweather's the man, and he's single-handedly carrying boxing right now.  I wasn't deriding the way Mayweather has become a PPV king, I was celebrating the fact that GSP has been able to even be mentioned in the same breath as Floyd when it comes to PPV.

3/7/13 1:31 AM
Nonlinear

I see, KOF is just jealous.  KOF has the right "mentality" to be an exciting champion but he has not the drive nor the skills nor the talent nor the athleticism nor the anything to actually be a champion himself.

3/7/13 1:37 AM
MediumRareMistake
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.