UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hilarious prank we did in my Biloxi MMA Gym

3/8/13 5:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Morgz
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The bad shrimping in the beginning was funny too Phone Post
3/8/13 6:03 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was awesome!

Good prank, sweeping purple belts like nothing gave it away Phone Post
3/8/13 7:29 PM
rebel927
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Problem with what you are trying to convey here, is often the trainers are older guys or guys who maybe were not terribly good boxers (in so far as their competition records) themselves but are good teachers who understand and master technique and the teaching of same. They may not be able to whip the new young stud, but they can teach him....."

Exactly. I was an amateur boxer with a decent record. I had/have only average athletic ability, maybe a bit better but certainly not elite level. I'm also college educated with a lot of options, so I never considered turning pro.

I understand that game of boxing really well. I could teach the average professional quite a bit about boxing, but they could knock me out.

Most coaches at boxing gyms are former professional club fighters. They're not very smart and they never received proper training themselves. Their workouts are hitting the bag, running, and sparring. Very little real coaching going on.
3/8/13 10:10 PM
UGCTT_BTown
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great vid thx
3/8/13 11:29 PM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since he is world class, how come nobody recognized him?
3/9/13 12:08 AM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason - Hahaha, he did a good job acting. You could tell it was hard for him to pretend he wasn't good during the rolling Phone Post

Yeah, he did a great job.  There were a couple times I think they caught him where they got suspicious.

But that video was hilarious, thanks for posting.  Really looking forward to your fight!

3/9/13 12:28 AM
Jack Skellington
772 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ahaha, very funny

I forwarded the link to this to my buddies who take bjj, they all laughed their asses off especially at the end when the purple belts were saying they just thought they were having a 'bad night' LMAO

3/9/13 12:47 AM
JD93
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
3/9/13 1:53 AM
uniquetechnique
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 1:53 AM
I did that a couple times at my old school when I visited and had some fun.
I think the best prank I seen is when my ol team mate/friend Fernando Margarida Pontes did a tournament against Roland Doomster Sarria and Margarida was not suppose to fight, It was suppost to be Alex Brandao. They called Alex Brandaos name and Margarida stepped up and put on a clinic...it was funny and great.
3/9/13 2:07 AM
PrettyBoy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stlnl2 -
PrettyBoy - 
used2wrestle - This video was hilarious! had me seriously laughing out loud! Thanks!

Honestly this is the main reason why I don't like the belt system at all and how you have to bow to everyone and call them professor. These are sports where you actually get to prove who is best, it's not a classroom, so who cares what belt colour you are? In a place where you actually get to prove who is best, all the belt does is make you assume you're better than someone else. On top of that, why should you give more respect to someone with a higher belt ranking rather than give everyone the same respect?!
I agree with this as well. If a white belt is dominating or hanging with the purples in your school he should be a purple. Enough of this understanding and mastering the techniques its all a way to run money out of you.

In boxing some guys come into the gym and just dominate. Because they have heavy hands good cardio and pick it up quickly... If he wins a golden gloves title or becomes a good pro he will be judges strictly by his accomplishments in competition or gym wars. The guy who has been there for 5 years doesn't out rank him because he paid more gym dues. As a matter of a fact the new guy will often command more ring time/ instructor time then the other guy who just isn't going to develop. Phone Post

Problem with what you are trying to convey here, is often the trainers are older guys or guys who maybe were not terribly good boxers (in so far as their competition records) themselves but are good teachers who understand and master technique and the teaching of same. They may not be able to whip the new young stud, but they can teach him.....
No that's not what I'm saying at all. If a trainer is a former boxer he has his own career to merit his place as a trainer. Which most in boxing do.

What I'm saying is the belt system can create a hierarchy not based on merit or ability but instead how long someone has been paying money to be there. Phone Post
3/9/13 2:13 AM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
3/9/13 2:19 AM
CMX
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
3/9/13 2:20 AM
BigMonsterCat

War Bisping!! Phone Post
3/9/13 4:07 AM
Mmanizzle

Great Vid Talent...

Just wanna give u props for defending leg locks and beating Paul Harris.... #classicfight!

3/9/13 4:30 AM
CDarwin
729 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

billyball2 - Thanks for sharing!

Everyone took it very well.

Looks like you have a great group of people training there.

Indeed

3/9/13 7:09 AM
ukpendulum
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched the video...couldn't find the hilarious bit... Phone Post
3/9/13 7:12 AM
ZzFDKzZ

Lmao! Phone Post
3/9/13 7:30 AM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ukpendulum -  I watched the video...couldn't find the hilarious bit... Phone Post

That's sad to hear, bro. I loved it :D Watching it again now haha, so brutal when they start rolling and he just crushes :D
3/9/13 7:31 AM
Jweinberg
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this video is so great.. I have watched about 20x.. thanks!

3/9/13 11:05 AM
Jack Skellington
772 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn - 
ukpendulum -  I watched the video...couldn't find the hilarious bit... Phone Post

That's sad to hear, bro. I loved it :D Watching it again now haha, so brutal when they start rolling and he just crushes :D

agreed x 4

3/9/13 11:31 AM
chaplinshouse
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

requires a basic understanding of JJ to recognize the humor

3/9/13 11:35 AM
Crowbar
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the ego`s as high as they are in MMA & Jiu-Jitsu....I personally thought that it was outstanding.

3/9/13 11:59 AM
TexDeuce
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
3/9/13 8:39 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - 
stlnl2 -
PrettyBoy - 
used2wrestle - This video was hilarious! had me seriously laughing out loud! Thanks!

Honestly this is the main reason why I don't like the belt system at all and how you have to bow to everyone and call them professor. These are sports where you actually get to prove who is best, it's not a classroom, so who cares what belt colour you are? In a place where you actually get to prove who is best, all the belt does is make you assume you're better than someone else. On top of that, why should you give more respect to someone with a higher belt ranking rather than give everyone the same respect?!
I agree with this as well. If a white belt is dominating or hanging with the purples in your school he should be a purple. Enough of this understanding and mastering the techniques its all a way to run money out of you.

In boxing some guys come into the gym and just dominate. Because they have heavy hands good cardio and pick it up quickly... If he wins a golden gloves title or becomes a good pro he will be judges strictly by his accomplishments in competition or gym wars. The guy who has been there for 5 years doesn't out rank him because he paid more gym dues. As a matter of a fact the new guy will often command more ring time/ instructor time then the other guy who just isn't going to develop. Phone Post

Problem with what you are trying to convey here, is often the trainers are older guys or guys who maybe were not terribly good boxers (in so far as their competition records) themselves but are good teachers who understand and master technique and the teaching of same. They may not be able to whip the new young stud, but they can teach him.....
No that's not what I'm saying at all. If a trainer is a former boxer he has his own career to merit his place as a trainer. Which most in boxing do.

What I'm saying is the belt system can create a hierarchy not based on merit or ability but instead how long someone has been paying money to be there. Phone Post

Alot of great trainers have a pretty lackluster career. Belt system in BJJ is merit based at any decent school. Perhaps your experiences differ?
3/9/13 9:10 PM
Spoonie Luv

So great

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.