UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Damn.George is 18-2...

3/8/13 6:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
voorhees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the UFC.

That is amazing.Especially considering that virtually ALL of his opponents were more or less considered the #2 or so WW at the time GSP faced them.

Cant see Diaz taking this one.
3/8/13 6:31 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Did you know that George doesn't tweet his own fans?

The audacity.

3/8/13 6:34 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and he avenged his losses.
3/8/13 6:36 PM
voorhees

Tank by gogoplata - and he avenged his losses.

Oh yeah,i didnt even think about that!
3/8/13 6:38 PM
TopChute
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But the way he did it is why he isn't loved like Sakuraba or a Liddell.
3/8/13 6:45 PM
KC007

Has workers Tweet for him. #GSPsDarkPlace Phone Post
3/8/13 6:45 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopChute - But the way he did it is why he isn't loved like Sakuraba or a Liddell.

I think GSP is just as loved, but by a different demographic. You ask a woman their favorite UFC favorite and they're going to say Georges St-Pierre or Urijah Faber 9 out of 10 times.

Everyone loves Saku, though.
3/8/13 6:53 PM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopChute - But the way he did it is why he isn't loved like Sakuraba or a Liddell.
Saku yes, but his prime was in the dark ages with far less fans outside of Japan watching.

And chuck had plenty of haters when he was competing. It really wasn't till after he retired that everyone claims to have loved him. Phone Post
3/8/13 6:54 PM
Letibleu
1476 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/08/13 6:54 PM

I read somewhere he sometimes brushes his teeth TWICE a day! He got this.

3/8/13 6:55 PM
Malvert the Janitor
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty fucking impressive. Phone Post
3/8/13 6:56 PM
bigironmike79
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tank by gogoplata -
TopChute - But the way he did it is why he isn't loved like Sakuraba or a Liddell.

I think GSP is just as loved, but by a different demographic. You ask a woman their favorite UFC favorite and they're going to say Georges St-Pierre or Urijah Faber 9 out of 10 times.

Everyone loves Saku, though.
Anderson silva is my wife's favorite. As is most of the other wives in our lil circle. Wifey says GSP is better then ambien though. Phone Post
3/8/13 6:56 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

yellow wrkahlc -

Did you know that George doesn't tweet his own fans?

The audacity.

Seriously?! That is fucking terrible. Phone Post
3/8/13 6:57 PM
The Cecil Peoples Elbow
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im pretty sure his "Dark Place" is the hyperbolic time chamber. GSP RD1 Kamehameha. Phone Post
3/8/13 7:02 PM
yellow wrkahlc

The Cecil Peoples Elbow -  Im pretty sure his "Dark Place" is the hyperbolic time chamber. GSP RD1 Kamehameha. Phone Post

HTC is actually pretty bright inside.

Wait wrong pic...

3/8/13 7:11 PM
Entreri

WW is the most stacked division in the UFC and his run is certainly amazing. If the Serra fluke loss did not occur, he is the undisputed GOAT.
3/8/13 7:17 PM
Smith1234
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 -
TopChute - But the way he did it is why he isn't loved like Sakuraba or a Liddell.
Saku yes, but his prime was in the dark ages with far less fans outside of Japan watching.

And chuck had plenty of haters when he was competing. It really wasn't till after he retired that everyone claims to have loved him. Phone Post
How true! Defending Chuck is part of the reason I stopped lurking and started posting. Phone Post
3/8/13 7:23 PM
sodigthisbigcrux
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nothing but respect and admiration for GSP. He's one of the GOATs of all time....

That being said...I hope DIaz shocks all the naysayers and slaps the shit out of GSP, turns to the crowd with double birds and says "fuck you, fuck poutine, fuck hockey, mullets, Labatts and your goddamn Canadian denim tuxedos"

3/8/13 7:25 PM
allforroy
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's so great it's stupid. Hope that knee stays together. Phone Post
3/8/13 7:26 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the most unappreciated champion in the sport. Fans act as if people like Dan Hardy had anything for him. We're talking about the WW Goat and the 3rd greatest fighter of all-time, Diaz is a good fighter but he doesn't have shit for Georges. He'll be much more appreciated 10+ years from now IMO 

3/8/13 7:33 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

He's the most unappreciated champion in the sport. Fans act as if people like Dan Hardy had anything for him. We're talking about the WW Goat and the 3rd greatest fighter of all-time, Diaz is a good fighter but he doesn't have shit for Georges. He'll be much more appreciated 10+ years from now IMO 

Totally agreed

3/8/13 7:37 PM
Smith1234
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree GSP is amazing. Top 3 all time. Best WW ever by far.

But Nick has something for everyone. I would not count him out against anyone, ever. Underdog? Yes. Having nothing to offer? Never against anyone. Phone Post
3/8/13 7:38 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't agree with a lot of them being number 2, but GSP is definitely one of the top fighters in mma history. Phone Post
3/8/13 7:51 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 -  I agree GSP is amazing. Top 3 all time. Best WW ever by far.

But Nick has something for everyone. I would not count him out against anyone, ever. Underdog? Yes. Having nothing to offer? Never against anyone. Phone Post

I can't even think of a fighter remotely close to Georges level he's fought. 

3/8/13 8:02 PM
MostLegit
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Carlos was remotely close. Like area code. Not zip code. Phone Post
3/8/13 8:06 PM
Smith1234

GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Let me make sure you don't think I am overstating my case. I think GSP beats Nick handily. But Nick has as good a chance as anyone to win. It is small but it is there.

To say Nick has "nothing" for GSP - I think that is overstating your case.

I thnk Nick has a 10 to 15 percent chance to win. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.