UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Damn.George is 18-2...

3/9/13 6:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
maantren
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is GSP the only major fighter to have avenged all his losses? If so, that alone is truly incredible.
3/9/13 6:26 AM
voorhees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maantren - Is GSP the only major fighter to have avenged all his losses? If so, that alone is truly incredible.

If it counts to you,Lennox Lewis did too...
3/9/13 8:27 AM
DEZBOT

Smith1234 - I agree GSP is amazing. Top 3 all time. Best WW ever by far.

But Nick has something for everyone. I would not count him out against anyone, ever. Underdog? Yes. Having nothing to offer? Never against anyone. Phone Post
George is the best ww of all time, but Hughes was the greatest, his 1st fight with george, his rematch with Bj, his fights with trigg, all finishes all awesome fights Phone Post
3/9/13 9:33 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Even more impressive when you look at his lack of experience and age when he was thrown to the wolves, he was only fighting for 2 years when he fought Hughes the first time
3/9/13 9:45 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

biva -  I can't see Diaz winning, but I can't see him qutting either. The one area that I find interesting is Diaz catching GSP with a sub or sweep on an attempted guard pass.

I've never seen Gsp threatened with subs, even though he does occassionally leave an arm dangling on a pass. Could Diaz take advantage?? Phone Post

He won't quit but this fight will no doubt be stopped. When I look at how Diego overpowered Nick, how he dominated from top position and how he took him down anytime at want, it scares me to think what GSP will do
3/9/13 9:52 AM
Masakyst
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch - 
IIAces - 
Masakyst - This thread needs more GSP facts

- Amassed a UFC record 33 consecutive rounds won in a row.
- Highest total significant strikes landed in the UFC
- Highest total strikes landed in the UFC
- Highest striking defense in the UFC
- Highest total takedowns landed in the UFC
- Highest takedown accuracy in the UFC
- Highest takedown defense in the UFC
Two of those are wrong. Strike defense record for UFC is Jon Madsen and TD defense is Gleison Tibau. Phone Post

Nice, fewer figures to detract from 49 finish-less months.

Aww you poor woman, You used to be GSP's biggest superfan until he stopped doing what makes you happy. So in return you became an angry and bitter, doing everything within your power to diminish his reputation on the internet. Lots of guys here have gone through the same thing with ex-girlfriends. Georges broke your heart and now you act like a scorned lover.

3/9/13 10:20 AM
IIAces

Masakyst -
FinestScotch - 
IIAces - 

Two of those are wrong. Strike defense record for UFC is Jon Madsen and TD defense is Gleison Tibau. Phone Post

Aww you poor woman, You used to be GSP's biggest superfan until he stopped doing what makes you happy. So in return you became an angry and bitter, doing everything within your power to diminish his reputation on the internet. Lots of guys here have gone through the same thing with ex-girlfriends. Georges broke your heart and now you act like a scorned lover.

???? Not me right? I was just stating the stats. He's a great fighter, would like to see more finishes though. With his total dominance he should get TKO stoppages. Instead he's content to lay in guard and just stay busy enough not to get stood up. Phone Post
3/9/13 10:23 AM
Masakyst
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 10:24 AM
No not you bro, the guy who could not accept the fact that people were saying good things about GSP and just had to take a huge shit in the thread

I do appreciate the correction, I saw the fightmetric page earlier today and GSP is in fact ranked like #2 or #3 in those
3/9/13 10:23 AM
clarenceworley
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigironmike79 - 
Tank by gogoplata -
TopChute - But the way he did it is why he isn't loved like Sakuraba or a Liddell.

I think GSP is just as loved, but by a different demographic. You ask a woman their favorite UFC favorite and they're going to say Georges St-Pierre or Urijah Faber 9 out of 10 times.

Everyone loves Saku, though.
Anderson silva is my wife's favorite. As is most of the other wives in our lil circle. Wifey says GSP is better then ambien though. Phone Post

Ambien sex rocks.
3/9/13 10:30 AM
kevsh
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 10:30 AM
IIAces - 
Masakyst -
FinestScotch - 
IIAces - 

???? Not me right? I was just stating the stats. He's a great fighter, would like to see more finishes though. With his total dominance he should get TKO stoppages. Instead he's content to lay in guard and just stay busy enough not to get stood up. Phone Post

This is just bullshit, the same argument over and over and it's wrong.

Going into the second Kos fight everyone expected GSP to take Josh down to avoid his heavy right hand. Instead GSP stood in the pocket the entire fight and broke Kos' orbital bone.

He twice had Hardy in submissions that 95% of MMA fighters would've tapped to. How is that "laying in guard"?

He smashed Condit in the 1st round and opened a small geyser on his head. Never seen a fighter elbow a guy that hard just trying to maintain position.

Point is, go back and look at his fights, all of them and tell me GSP isn't CONSTANTLY busy on the ground, either using GNP or working towards a sub. Another way to look at is this, how many times has GSP been stood up when he has ground control?

So please, shut up with the "he just lays in guard" B.S., it makes you look completely delusional or just a hater, at best.

3/9/13 10:32 AM
Herman Munster

GSP has been the best WW in the World over the period of a decade.  In 2004 he was challenging for the belt, in 2013, he is once again defending the belt.  He is crossing eras as a champion, and unquestionably, forever going to be recognized as an all time great.

3/9/13 10:39 AM
Kerouac

ok fuck it...GSP by RNC 4th round, no tap.
3/9/13 10:40 AM
Masakyst

The last time I can remember GSP ever "laying in guard" was in rounds 4 & 5 against Thiago Alves. In the first three rounds he was putting a sound beat-down on Thiago, but then he tore his groin and his mobility was severely limited (not to mention the severe pain he must have been going through). So sure, one could argue that the last two rounds there were boring, but how many fighters can TEAR THEIR GROIN and continue to fight for ten more minutes? And still completely stifle their opponent?

Yet another example of how great he truly is. Tears his groin mid-fight and doesn't give a fuck.
3/9/13 11:10 AM
Lobo8

Edited: 03/09/13 11:10 AM
I like gsp he is one of my favorite fighters. I like watching his displays of skills and dominance. He isn't even boring, a truly boring fighter would be someone like fitch. With that being said their is definitely a desire from me and many others to see him work for the finish. He plays it way too safe.
3/9/13 1:12 PM
IIAces

kevsh -
IIAces - 
Masakyst -
FinestScotch - 
IIAces - 

Going into the second Kos fight everyone expected GSP to take Josh down to avoid his heavy right hand. Instead GSP stood in the pocket the entire fight and broke Kos' orbital bone.

He twice had Hardy in submissions that 95% of MMA fighters would've tapped to. How is that "laying in guard"?

He smashed Condit in the 1st round and opened a small geyser on his head. Never seen a fighter elbow a guy that hard just trying to maintain position.

Point is, go back and look at his fights, all of them and tell me GSP isn't CONSTANTLY busy on the ground, either using GNP or working towards a sub. Another way to look at is this, how many times has GSP been stood up when he has ground control?

So please, shut up with the "he just lays in guard" B.S., it makes you look completely delusional or just a hater, at best.

You go back and watch his fights. I'm glad you have 3 examples out of what, 16 fights? I said he stays busy enough not to get stood up. I watch every fight. I'm not a GSP hater either. I'm not bias towards any fighter. I think your hanging on his nuts a little to much if you think he has serious GnP. If he did, he would have more TKO's plain and simple.

GSP is best at what he does. He protects himself better than anybody. But don't tell me he doesn't lay in the guard. He does just enough not to get stood up. Phone Post
3/9/13 1:13 PM
IIAces

IIAces -
kevsh -
IIAces - 
Masakyst -
FinestScotch - 
IIAces - 

You go back and watch his fights. I'm glad you have 3 examples out of what, 16 fights? I said he stays busy enough not to get stood up. I watch every fight. I'm not a GSP hater either. I'm not bias towards any fighter. I think your hanging on his nuts a little to much if you think he has serious GnP. If he did, he would have more TKO's plain and simple.

GSP is best at what he does. He protects himself better than anybody. But don't tell me he doesn't lay in the guard. He does just enough not to get stood up. Phone Post
For the most part Phone Post
3/9/13 1:15 PM
IIAces

Herman Munster -

GSP has been the best WW in the World over the period of a decade.  In 2004 he was challenging for the belt, in 2013, he is once again defending the belt.  He is crossing eras as a champion, and unquestionably, forever going to be recognized as an all time great.

Him and Silva both. No one else will come close to as many title fights/defenses as them. They are the best at what they do. I don't think jones has a shot at those records. Phone Post
3/9/13 1:42 PM
Wasa-B
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also avenged his 2 losses...by finish. 1 of his losses he avenged twice by finish.
3/9/13 8:16 PM
MattyECB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

Did you know that George doesn't tweet his own fans?

The audacity.

lol he's admitted to that since the day his twitter was started.
3/9/13 10:32 PM
UGK4Life
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Fluke loss to Serra. GSP got a prison style beat down. I love how his fan boys like to make excuses.

GSP is boring as hell to watch. He's only slightly more exiting than Fitch or Shields.

How he has fans outside of Canada is mind blowing.
3/9/13 10:37 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

He's the most unappreciated champion in the sport. Fans act as if people like Dan Hardy had anything for him. We're talking about the WW Goat and the 3rd greatest fighter of all-time, Diaz is a good fighter but he doesn't have shit for Georges. He'll be much more appreciated 10+ years from now IMO 

Yea but if he's that much better than guys like Dan Hardy why couldn't he finish them?

You aunt that much better if you need someone else to decide who won the fight... Phone Post

Hardy showed something we didn't know he had until that fight, ridiculous submission defense and an excellent heart. GSP thoroughly dominated Hardy from start to finish, it wasn't like that fight was ever in question in terms of judging. Judges for the most part get decisions right 99% of the time, they only get talked about when they make a bad decision

3/9/13 10:39 PM
suess
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGK4Life - lol @ Fluke loss to Serra. GSP got a prison style beat down. I love how his fan boys like to make excuses.

GSP is boring as hell to watch. He's only slightly more exiting than Fitch or Shields.

How he has fans outside of Canada is mind blowing.

oh you again

3/9/13 10:45 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP dominates, and that's all I care about.  He's not the most prolific finisher, but I find his style exciting to watch and the vast majority of his fights have been really good.

3/9/13 10:46 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Then you're an idiot to believe Condit would brawl with Diaz and give him a chance to win. You beat Diaz by out classing him like Condit did and like GSP will Phone Post

Oh, so he's a liar, and I shouldn't believe what he says.

More reason to dislike him.

I'm pretty sure fighters have to say shit like that for media and fans. If he said "I'm gonna stick and move while avoiding the cage and peppering Diaz with low kicks", it wouldn't build up the fight. EVERY fucking fighter says they are gonna "stand and bang", so you are calling every fighter who didn't follow that a liar, GTFO. It's business. Phone Post
3/9/13 11:15 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - lol@Hardy having "ridiculous submission defense"

LOL @ him not. The chokes from Rumble, the Armbar from GSP, and the Kimura. When he doesn't stupidly dive into a sub like he did against Lytle he's got very good defense. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.