UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: 'Fraud' Cyborg nearly killed WMMA

3/8/13 9:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I mean, she's obviously not willing to go through the effort to go for the fight," UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey told 'Showdown' Joe Ferraro. "If you're pumped full of steroids and the lightest you can get it 145 it's obvious the lightest you can get without steroids is lighter. She refuses to do that and it's just - I don't know where this sense of entitlement comes from. She hasn't had a recorded win in over three years; I mean there's so many other women.

"I'm not - we're not going to make exceptions and create divisions for someone who was a fraud and defamed the sport."

"She almost destroyed women's MMA. I mean think about it, the entire sport stagnated under her and she cared more about having an unfair advantage and winning fights then she did about the sport itself and it suffered under her.

"We don't owe her anything. If she wants the only title that matters she needs to go in the only division that the UFC has. We're not making exceptions for cheaters. She was exposed as a fraud and she needs to be the one to make the changes to clear her name."

"Encouraging something like (a catchweight bout) is not something I'm willing to do. If we meet at a catchweight of 140 or something like that, she's routinely come in to fights grossly overweight like seven pounds or more overweight. I wouldn't put it past her to come into a fight, agree to 140 and come in at 148 and be like, ‘Whatever, fight me anyways.' Because she's done it before and I'm not going to encourage behavior like that and I'm not going to give someone like that a chance for the title ahead of the girls who really work hard and are honest and deserving of it.

"If you want to prove to everybody that you deserve to be called the best in the world, well then come in to the only division and fight for the only title that matters."

Read entire article...

3/8/13 10:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soremano - 

ronda is absolutely right

thank god for ronda and good riddance cyborg

That shiny armor is shiny.

3/8/13 10:05 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just can't stand to listen to her anymore. She's exceeded the saturation point.
Good thing that JBJ is around otherwise I would despise her the most. Phone Post
3/8/13 10:07 PM
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey is 100% correct and a great representative for women's mma.
3/8/13 11:26 PM
Crooklyn
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!

She's absolutely right.

3/8/13 11:28 PM
robnashville

yep, still duckin'.....
3/8/13 11:28 PM
Rogans secret stash
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn -

She's absolutely right.

Phone Post
3/8/13 11:39 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol what a tuck by Rousey. Scared much? Phone Post
3/8/13 11:42 PM
behzad

I totally see this playing out with Ronda getting popped down the road.

Anyway.. Ronda needs to get over it. Steriods is parts of the sport. Look at overeem for fuck sakes.

Cyborg v Gina was the first womens mma fight that people cared about and it paved the way and without that Ronda would not be here.

Note. I don't agree with Steriods in MMA i just disagree with the selective abuse that goes on. Phone Post
3/9/13 12:23 AM
Twist of Cain
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

behzad -  I totally see this playing out with Ronda getting popped down the road.

Anyway.. Ronda needs to get over it. Steriods is parts of the sport. Look at overeem for fuck sakes.

Cyborg v Gina was the first womens mma fight that people cared about and it paved the way and without that Ronda would not be here.

Note. I don't agree with Steriods in MMA i just disagree with the selective abuse that goes on. Phone Post

Steroids aren't supposed to be a part of the sport, you idiot.

Yeah, look at Overeem. He got off the juice and he got KO'd. What point are you trying to make there?
3/9/13 12:45 AM
BzGrappla

100 percent truth..

and I remember when everyone was saying sara and Meisha taint was gona beat rousey... then they didnt.

Rousey is a great spokesperson for WMMA.. other ppl just mad and jelly
3/9/13 12:53 AM
dubate
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On steroids can barely make 145. Off steroids, it shouldn't be a problem. I'll put it this way, does anyone actually believe she could even come in at 140? She would probably notify the AC just before the weigh ins that her "doctor" has informed her that it would be too dangerous for her to cut anymore weight and then promptly weigh in at 147. Phone Post
3/9/13 12:56 AM
krash24

yellow wrkahlc - 
soremano - 

ronda is absolutely right

thank god for ronda and good riddance cyborg

That shiny armor is shiny.

And your ignorance is ignorant. Do you have a point?
3/9/13 12:56 AM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Ronda.

Fights at 145... calls out the champ at 145...

Moves to 135, champ at 145 gets caught for juicing

Starts talking mad shit about the 145 champ and how she is afraid.

3/9/13 1:01 AM
stonepony

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  Lol what a tuck by Rousey. Scared much? Phone Post

You sound like somebody who has a practiced ability to rationalize and excuse cheating.

But, we can go ahead and keep pretending that sex-change-cyborg isn't a cheater. Or, that cheating is okay. Or, whatever it is that you're trying to believe. While cyborg hides behind a couple extra pounds of artificial man-muscle.

If she had any heart, she wouldn't be the biggest cheater in the sport. If she had any heart, she would have made weight a long time ago, and the first UFC WMMA fight would have been Ronda vs Cyroids.
3/9/13 1:02 AM
Arecsa
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is right about the catchweight stuff. Agree to a 140 pound fight and Cyborg will not even bother trying to make it, Ronda will have to take the fight anyway or look like a bitch for saying no 24 hours out from the fight.
3/9/13 1:04 AM
stonepony

12SixElbow - 

lol @ Ronda.

Fox is a far more legitimate female fighter than Cyborg.

And, Cyroids isn't a champion in any division. Remember? Subtract the roids, and nobody would have a clue who she is.
3/9/13 1:09 AM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 
12SixElbow - 

lol @ Ronda.

And, Cyroids isn't a champion in any division. Remember? Subtract the roids, and nobody would have a clue who she is.

You're aware she popped for a drug to help her cut weight right? not to add bulk.

3/9/13 1:11 AM
MickColins
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junobeach - she's half right. When cyborg beat gina she almost killed wmma because it's always been built around one fighter. the new one is ronda, which is why we fight at rondaweight these days instead of ginaweight, and Cyborg would threaten to kill wmma again by beating her

keep ducking rondana
Cyborg cheated to beat Gina. Cyborg is a cheater. Phone Post
3/9/13 1:27 AM
dubate
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes she cheated, but everyone deserves a second chance. What bothers me about this is that Cyborg is still not playing fair. If you needed to use a cutting agent to help you make weight at 145 even though you have almost no visible fat on you that tells me you are either
A. Incapable of making 140 so just shut the fuck up
or
B. Using chemistry to build yourself up and need a lab-created solution to temporarily take the weight off. Which if you stopped the "regimen" that got you so big in the first place you wouldn't need the cutting agents. Phone Post
3/9/13 1:28 AM
OmgItsTheWams
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is the constant fighter bashing of cyborg overlooked? Phone Post
3/9/13 3:18 AM
stonepony

12SixElbow - 
stonepony - 
12SixElbow - 

lol @ Ronda.

You're aware she popped for a drug to help her cut weight right? not to add bulk.

Right. From a tainted over the counter supplement. Or, somebody gave it to her and didn't tell her what it was. And Overeem thought he was injecting an anti-inflammatory...

She's a cheater. Everybody knows it. She didn't get her 5 o'clock shadow and man-voice from eating horse meat. She's more muscular than many fighters at the same height. Anthony Pettis is the same weight, and 2 inches taller.

But, I'm sure it is difficult to cope with all the disadvantages that come along with a chemical sex-change. It's rough being a habitual cheater. She flushed her femininity away. Traded it for muscles. It's poetic justice that the huge amount of muscle she juiced her way to, is keeping her locked out of the spotlight.
3/9/13 3:57 AM
Johnzandt

I don't get it, I mean Ronda is obviously willing to put it on the line against Olympic level opponents (McMann), and most MMA fighters would tell you their more worried about going up against a wrestler than any other discipline. Carano got the mount pretty easily, what do you think Rosey would do in that position.
3/9/13 5:19 AM
mijo

Rhond!! You scared!!
3/9/13 5:20 AM
JimmersonzGlove
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny how everyone expects GSP to fight Anderson, but Ronda vs Cyborg @ 145 is supposedly unthinkable. Just do it at a catch weight, who cares...its the women's fight everyone wants to see.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.