UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: I support gay marriage and gay rights

3/12/13 2:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jive Turkey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/12/13 2:14 PM
And does it keep you up at night that the only thing stopping you from murdering is the bible? What a sad fucking thought
3/12/13 2:16 PM
HexRei

3/12/13 3:21 PM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jive Turkey - And does it keep you up at night that the only thing stopping you from murdering is the bible? What a sad fucking thought

for sure, morality and religion are not mutually exclusive. empathy for other people is about the best thing we can hope to achieve as a society, treat others like you yourself would want to be treated.
you should not want to rape and murder people because it is wrong, not because you are afraid of being punished(here on the earth in prison or after you die in some fictional hell).
3/12/13 3:25 PM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jive Turkey - 
ridge hand - 
ender852 - 

I am saying if you are against gay people because the bible says so, you should be in favor of slavery too.

shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? (Isa. 29:16)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isa. 55:8-9)

so you don't fully understand or agree with God who created all, so therefore you choose to believe the scientific impossibility that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself from a soup of water and rocks…whereby you necessarily believe that everyone is a living god, that absolute good and evil do not exist, and therefore murder is as "good" as feeding the hungry because, who's to say?

I have made the earth, and created man upon it (Isa. 45:12)

I have set before thee…good…and evil (Deut. 30:15)

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? (Rom. 9:20)

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (Gen. 3:19)

Scientific impossibility? What? Pick up a book and try to learn something (no, not the bible). There's nothing impossible about it. What have you ever tried to learn about evolution?

NASA scientists have discovered glycine, a fundamental building block of life, in samples of comet Wild 2 returned by NASA's Stardust spacecraft.

"Glycine is an amino acid used by living organisms to make proteins, and this is the first time an amino acid has been found in a comet," said Dr. Jamie Elsila of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. "Our discovery supports the theory that some of life's ingredients formed in space and were delivered to Earth long ago by meteorite and comet impacts."

"The discovery of glycine in a comet supports the idea that the fundamental building blocks of life are prevalent in space, and strengthens the argument that life in the universe may be common rather than rare," said Dr. Carl Pilcher, Director of the NASA Astrobiology Institute which co-funded the research.

NASA Researchers Make First Discovery of Life's Building Block in Comet
3/12/13 3:54 PM
PorkBelly
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Made the mainstream news

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/03/ufc-gay-rights-rashad-evans/62973/ Phone Post
3/13/13 6:46 PM
ridge hand

ender852 - 
Jive Turkey - 
ridge hand - 
ender852 - 

I am saying if you are against gay people because the bible says so, you should be in favor of slavery too.

shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? (Isa. 29:16)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isa. 55:8-9)

so you don't fully understand or agree with God who created all, so therefore you choose to believe the scientific impossibility that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself from a soup of water and rocks…whereby you necessarily believe that everyone is a living god, that absolute good and evil do not exist, and therefore murder is as "good" as feeding the hungry because, who's to say?

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (Gen. 3:19)

Scientific impossibility? What? Pick up a book and try to learn something (no, not the bible). There's nothing impossible about it. What have you ever tried to learn about evolution?

NASA scientists have discovered glycine, a fundamental building block of life, in samples of comet Wild 2 returned by NASA's Stardust spacecraft.

"Glycine is an amino acid used by living organisms to make proteins, and this is the first time an amino acid has been found in a comet," said Dr. Jamie Elsila of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. "Our discovery supports the theory that some of life's ingredients formed in space and were delivered to Earth long ago by meteorite and comet impacts."

"The discovery of glycine in a comet supports the idea that the fundamental building blocks of life are prevalent in space, and strengthens the argument that life in the universe may be common rather than rare," said Dr. Carl Pilcher, Director of the NASA Astrobiology Institute which co-funded the research.

and where did the glycine come from?

either God created everything, or everything accidentally created itself

ever see a tornado accidentally assemble a ferrari?

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Gen. 1:1)

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse (Rom. 1:20)

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt (Ps. 14:1)
3/13/13 6:58 PM
ridge hand

ender852 - 
Jive Turkey - And does it keep you up at night that the only thing stopping you from murdering is the bible? What a sad fucking thought

for sure, morality and religion are not mutually exclusive. empathy for other people is about the best thing we can hope to achieve as a society, treat others like you yourself would want to be treated.
you should not want to rape and murder people because it is wrong, not because you are afraid of being punished(here on the earth in prison or after you die in some fictional hell).

more living gods share their infinite wisdom with their creation

do you know all seen and unseen, present and future, spiritual, emotional and physical consequences, if any, that result from engaging in homosexuality, both to the practitioners and to society?

you couldn't possibly have a clue, for dust thou art (Gen 3:19)

only? God? who created all could possibly know and convey these to his creation:

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. (Mark 10:6)

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for...unholy and profane...for them that defile themselves with mankind (1 Tim. 1:9-10)

it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee (Jer. 2:19)

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (Rom. 1:26-27)

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. (Exod. 34:7)

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7)

neither...effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind...shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Cor. 6:9-10)
3/13/13 6:59 PM
HexRei

Edited: 03/13/13 7:07 PM
ridge hand - 
ender852 - 
Jive Turkey - 
ridge hand - 
ender852 - 

so you don't fully understand or agree with God who created all, so therefore you choose to believe the scientific impossibility that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself from a soup of water and rocks...whereby you necessarily believe that everyone is a living god, that absolute good and evil do not exist, and therefore murder is as "good" as feeding the hungry because, who's to say?

I have set before thee...good...and evil (Deut. 30:15)

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse (Rom. 1:20)

Not necessarily. Just because I don't know for sure doesn't mean I'm about to buy into your crazy mythology lol
3/13/13 7:08 PM
Jive Turkey

ridge hand - 
ender852 - 
Jive Turkey - 
ridge hand - 
ender852 - 

Seriously, man. From the bottom of my heart. You need to pick up a book and try to actual learn something about the subject because you sound like a complete retard

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.