UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: I support gay marriage and gay rights

3/9/13 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mijo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

peppo - What Rashad says is what an educated and normal human being should think. I consider everyone against gays as lesser human beings. Trash.

Gay!!!!
3/9/13 2:56 PM
Large Intestine
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright, ALRIGHT! Try to avoid writing words in all caps, it looks like you're shouting them. Phone Post
3/9/13 4:41 PM
Porkchop

Lux Fixxins - 
officedrone23 -
Lux Fixxins -
Porkchop -
tikmovado - Politically correct is such crap.

so is being a bigot.
LOL @ being a bigot because you disagree. Phone Post
What would you do if you ended up with a gay employee? Seeing you don't approve of them the way they were born there would be a major conflict of interest to your company for you to keep your fear, ignorance, and bigotry to yourself. Because the gay person would just be being themselves, and you would just be being an asshole. The onus would be on you to be "pc", or in non pc terms, to suppress the fact that you are a hateful scumbag so other people could go about their business free from your ignorant tyranny. After all it is your behavior that is learned and it is your behavior that has a negative impact on others, not the other way around.

In reality "pc" keeps Stone Age trash like yourself employed. It is a wall you can hide your hatred behind so that you can allowed to play in the sandbox with the evolved grown ups, not the other way around.

Also, you are probably gay. Phone Post
I employ a few gays and a transgendered.

I own a business that caters to many gays.

They aren't bad people at all.

That doesn't mean I cant think gay sex is gross and that doesn't mean I can't think marriage is a male and female thing.

Seems to me you're so stuck in crusading for a cause that isn't 100% black and white that you choose not to acknowledge a gray area.

He'll even though I don't agree with gay marriage, if my states representative voted it into law, I wouldn't oppose. I just wouldn't agree. Phone Post

It is absolutely 100% black and white. If you are trying to tell people that they don't deserve the same rights as you, you're a bigot piece of shit.

There is no way around that.

Don't even bother trying to act like it's a valid opinion. That's pathetic.
3/9/13 4:42 PM
Porkchop

Lux Fixxins - 
Porkchop -

so is being a bigot.

"LOL" all you want. That's bigotry.
3/9/13 4:43 PM
voorhees

I am against Homosexuality and I have the right to say it.
3/9/13 4:44 PM
Porkchop

I'm really happy to see that most of the people in this thread are for equal rights. It makes me proud to be an MMA fan knowing that so many of us are forward thinking and for equality for all.

Hespect UG.
3/9/13 4:45 PM
Porkchop

voorhees - I am against Homosexuality and I have the right to say it.

You have a right to say it. But the simple fact that you feel like you have to state it like some sort of victim.... doesn't that indicate that you feel guilty about that opinion? Or at least that you realize that you are out of touch with the rest of society?
3/9/13 4:49 PM
voorhees

Porkchop - 

You have a right to say it. But the simple fact that you feel like you have to state it like some sort of victim.... doesn't that indicate that you feel guilty about that opinion? Or at least that you realize that you are out of touch with the rest of society?

I said it that way because many have been demonized for stating that stance.

And if it is our right,then that is wrong.
3/9/13 5:01 PM
DatSpider
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him.
3/9/13 5:05 PM
Trick or Truth
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 5:07 PM
The problem comes very often from how one chooses to propagate a view or a position they hold. If you are neutral and in effect do not intend to infringe on other humans rights and do not discriminate based on this view, then you have the right to have that opinion.
But usually people with a view in opposition towards homosexuality want to infringe on their rights (e.g gay marriage) and discriminate without justifying (or poorly justifying) their position. What is often called into question in the opposition in regards homosexuality is the reason for the opposition towards it? I think it is perfectly valid to allow a person who openly holds an opinion to also justify the reasons behind that view.
So I ask you, Why are you against homosexuality?
3/9/13 5:09 PM
Trick or Truth
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voorhees - 
Porkchop - 

I said it that way because many have been demonized for stating that stance.

And if it is our right,then that is wrong.

The post above from me, is for you Voorhees. I did not quote, my apologies.
3/9/13 5:24 PM
voorhees

Trick or Truth - The problem comes very often from how one chooses to propagate a view or a position they hold. If you are neutral and in effect do not intend to infringe on other humans rights and do not discriminate based on this view, then you have the right to have that opinion.
But usually people with a view in opposition towards homosexuality want to infringe on their rights (e.g gay marriage) and discriminate without justifying (or poorly justifying) their position. What is often called into question in the opposition in regards homosexuality is the reason for the opposition towards it? I think it is perfectly valid to allow a person who openly holds an opinion to also justify the reasons behind that view.

I doubt that any of my reasoning would sound justified to you.And I am not trying to knock you by saying that.

I just dont think me explaining myself would further this along in any positive manner.

And no,I dont actively pursue any anti-gay agendas or try to deprive them of any rights.

While I dont feel they are entitled to the same rights as me,I also dont feel that I am their ultimate judge either.

3/9/13 5:38 PM
Lux Fixxins

Porkchop -
Lux Fixxins - 
officedrone23 -
Lux Fixxins -
Porkchop -

so is being a bigot.
What would you do if you ended up with a gay employee? Seeing you don't approve of them the way they were born there would be a major conflict of interest to your company for you to keep your fear, ignorance, and bigotry to yourself. Because the gay person would just be being themselves, and you would just be being an asshole. The onus would be on you to be "pc", or in non pc terms, to suppress the fact that you are a hateful scumbag so other people could go about their business free from your ignorant tyranny. After all it is your behavior that is learned and it is your behavior that has a negative impact on others, not the other way around.

In reality "pc" keeps Stone Age trash like yourself employed. It is a wall you can hide your hatred behind so that you can allowed to play in the sandbox with the evolved grown ups, not the other way around.

That doesn't mean I cant think gay sex is gross and that doesn't mean I can't think marriage is a male and female thing.

Seems to me you're so stuck in crusading for a cause that isn't 100% black and white that you choose not to acknowledge a gray area.

He'll even though I don't agree with gay marriage, if my states representative voted it into law, I wouldn't oppose. I just wouldn't agree. Phone Post

It is absolutely 100% black and white. If you are trying to tell people that they don't deserve the same rights as you, you're a bigot piece of shit.

You're a simpleton.

Got it. Phone Post
3/9/13 5:49 PM
SamboMMA

Clarence Parents - Phew..!! I can't even begin to count the number of nights I've sat up in bed wondering what Rashads views on gay marriage were.

Yeah. I can't tell you how many times I asked myself while watching the fights "Gee, I wonder what he thinks about Gay marriage[or Global Warming, Gun Control, etc]" Some of the Fighters are getting like the Hollywood Celebrities where they think we want to know what they think about every political issue.
3/9/13 6:04 PM
FunkMasterJoe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT -
AllAmericanBoxing - 
Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Evans and GSP reveal a steamy relationship?
Rashad has child bearing hips. I think he might be getting Reemed on his days off. Would explain why they haven't been training as much... Phone Post

This photo and the accompanying gif flying around out there, what's it from? It's great haha Phone Post
3/9/13 6:46 PM
Trick or Truth

voorhees - 
Trick or Truth - The problem comes very often from how one chooses to propagate a view or a position they hold. If you are neutral and in effect do not intend to infringe on other humans rights and do not discriminate based on this view, then you have the right to have that opinion.

I doubt that any of my reasoning would sound justified to you.And I am not trying to knock you by saying that.

I just dont think me explaining myself would further this along in any positive manner.

And no,I dont actively pursue any anti-gay agendas or try to deprive them of any rights.

While I dont feel they are entitled to the same rights as me,I also dont feel that I am their ultimate judge either.

The fact that you suggest that your reasoning behind your position would not sound justified to me, seems to me, to suggest that your justification is not logically falsifiable (perhaps I am mistaken of course, if that is the case I apologise).

It would be advantageous in any discussion, such as this, to outline your justification for a position. If you do not wish to do so because the outcome would be less than positive, than, that is of course, your right.

I just want to draw attention to two quotes you made that run corollary to one another.

"And no, I don't actively pursue any anti-gay agendas or try to deprive them of any rights."

"While I don't feel they are entitled to the same rights as me, I also don't feel that I am their ultimate judge either."

Now admittedly, they are not completely contradictory because you make sure to say that you take no action in anti-gay rights, but you suggest that they are not 'entitled to the same rights as me'. By admission of your own opinion you are propagating a discriminatory view without justifying that view, which I find rather unsavory to read.
It seems you have no want of rational discussion, I just want to point out that if you are going to predicate a seemingly negative view, perhaps you should be prepared to defend your predication of such a view.

Sorry to ramble on, topics such as these are very close to my heart.

3/9/13 6:55 PM
Fighters For Kids

Respect Phone Post
3/9/13 7:00 PM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gay marriage is for homos.
3/9/13 7:00 PM
Pessimist_Pete

I support marriages of pets - particularly between cats. Phone Post
3/9/13 7:09 PM
WRESTLENOW

the nipple tweaking and threats of gay sex to his opponents all makes sense now. pretty brave of rashad to come forward, perhaps enboldened by liz carmouche paving the way.
3/9/13 7:10 PM
WRESTLENOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YDDcWyqGSk
3/9/13 7:23 PM
mijo

Porkchop -

Gay!!! Out of touch with what? STFU Phone Post
3/9/13 7:40 PM
Jive Turkey

Stache - Gay marriage is for homos.

WHY YOU IGNORA.... actually, I guess that's factually correct, if a bit off colour
3/9/13 8:25 PM
Lux Fixxins

Jive Turkey -
Stache - Gay marriage is for homos.

WHY YOU IGNORA.... actually, I guess that's factually correct, if a bit off colour
I was gonna make a gay joke, but fuck it. Phone Post
3/9/13 9:03 PM
Splash Log

Lux Fixxins - 
Porkchop -
Lux Fixxins - 
officedrone23 -
Lux Fixxins -
Porkchop -

so is being a bigot.

You're a simpleton.

Got it. Phone Post

VTFU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.