UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> bears

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/9/13 2:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jo'donnell-Davies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

has anyone on here ever hunted a black or grizzly bear (maybe even a drop bear or a bear cat)? if you did explain the siuation because that has to be a terrifing moment being in bear territory about to shoot one. oh and how did it taste?

3/11/13 1:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a black bear last fall with a rifle. I tried to take it with my bow but the first night of hunting I shot and missed one with my bow just after dark, when I missed it the bear was upset and tried to wind me. Eventually it went away. The next evening I wasn't going to take a chance of missing a bear again especially when it was getting dark out(I didn't want to track a pissed off bear in the dark woods) so I took him with my rifle. The first day I also watched a few other small bears. It's very nerve wrecking knowing that the animal can maul me. The meat is kinda greasy but it's decent, I for sure wouldn't say that I like it more than venison. I was the most scared the first night when I left my stand after the bear that I shot at and missed left cause I didn't have a gun with me and only my bow and gun so I walked back with my knife out.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.