UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mark Hunt vs JDS is officially ON!!!

3/9/13 7:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
2Fort
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All's well that ends well for Mark Hunt.

A day after UFC president Dana White said Hunt turned down a fight against Junior dos Santos at UFC 160, "The Super Samoan" got the fight he wanted following a phone conversation with White Thursday night.

As a result, Hunt will now meet dos Santos on May 25 in Las Vegas.

White confirmed the news with MMAFighting.com Saturday morning.

When contacted by MMAFighting.com, an ecstatic Hunt called the opportunity "my title shot." Hunt, who denied ever directly turning down the opportunity, was pleased with the outcome of the call, as was White. They would not discuss exactly what they spoke about.

An opening presented itself for Hunt after Alistair Overeem pulled out of the fight due to a quadriceps injury. Immediately after the Overeem news broke, Hunt told MMAFighting.com that he was willing and ready to fight dos Santos later this year.

No word just yet who Overeem will now face next or when he will return to action. Sources close to him said he was shooting for a July return to the Octagon.

Hunt (9-7) enters the fight riding a four-fight winning streak following his knockout of Stefan Struve last Saturday night, while dos Santos (15-2) is coming off a heavyweight title loss to Cain Velasquez in December.

UFC 160, headlined by Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva 2, will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Hunt vs. dos Santos will serve as the co-main event.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/9/4082300/mark-hunt-vs-junior-dos-santos-on-for-ufc-160

FUCK YES, FIGHT IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME! WAR HUNT!!!!
3/9/13 7:22 AM
hedfunk
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
3/9/13 7:25 AM
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As exciting as this is, it's just going to go down the same way Jds v Big Country went. Phone Post
3/9/13 7:26 AM
Letibleu
1716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

hedfunk
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Such a heartwarming story. Who would of predicted this 2 years ago? Pleased for the man, he deserves it.
KC007
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
3/9/13 7:27 AM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh my, that's a barn burner!!! :D
Soup Nazi
1552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HUNTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Letibleu
1716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just got goose bumps!!!

3/9/13 7:28 AM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
YES YES YES
3/9/13 7:30 AM
touch
1092 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fucking came!

3/9/13 7:32 AM
Pride Wanderlei

klabo -
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead - As exciting as this is, it's just going to go down the same way Jds v Big Country went. Phone Post
. Phone Post
Wait...what? Phone Post
3/9/13 7:33 AM
ZzFDKzZ

Hunt is going to KO JDS! Phone Post
3/9/13 7:33 AM
Ktaco
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't be surprised to see JDS taking Hunt down.
3/9/13 7:34 AM
2Fort
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead -  As exciting as this is, it's just going to go down the same way Jds v Big Country went. Phone Post

What? No way, Big Country may have the heart and chin that rivals Mark's, but he doesn't have anywhere near the striking ability that Hunt has. This is a dangerous, dangerous fight for JDS.
3/9/13 7:34 AM
Mufasatheking

Ktaco - Don't be surprised to see JDS taking Hunt down.

Dont be surprised if you see Hunt try to take JDS down

JDS via Sub
3/9/13 7:36 AM
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Struve doesn't know how to use his reach and Jds does.I just think he's going to pick him off and when Hunt throw's his bombs jds will use his quickness to avoid them imo. Phone Post
3/9/13 7:40 AM
McBottery

ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead - As exciting as this is, it's just going to go down the same way Jds v Big Country went. Phone Post
...Did you just compare Mark Hunts striking to Roy Nelsons? Phone Post
3/9/13 7:44 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu - 

i just got goose bumps!!!

Vtfu because because i actually chuckled.

Good for Hunt. I think its time for the Dana haters to eat some crow. The man listens to the fans
3/9/13 7:44 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

War JDS! I love Mark Hunt, but I can't root against JDS, he is my favourite HW.

This will be an insanely good fight. We could maybe see a submission win by Dos Santos, I know he wants one... Phone Post
3/9/13 7:47 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a chance, Hunt is 10x the striker Nelson is.

Just because two guys have similar builds doesn't mean they fight the same way. Phone Post
3/9/13 7:48 AM
Eunuchorn
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES
3/9/13 7:49 AM
Malvert the Janitor
1092 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing news.

Is Junior practicing his double leg as we speak. He just mentioned that he'd like to get a submission win soon. Phone Post
3/9/13 7:51 AM
Willin
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K-1 level striking! Phone Post
3/9/13 7:55 AM
bearockbrobama
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8=======D~ Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.