UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mark Hunt vs JDS is officially ON!!!

3/9/13 1:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GARRYD - 
KingOfFighters - 
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead -  Struve doesn't know how to use his reach and Jds does.I just think he's going to pick him off and when Hunt throw's his bombs jds will use his quickness to avoid them imo. Phone Post

Wow you're making JDS out to be a world class boxer, go watch the fight with cain, he was static, hardly moving, blocking tons of shots with his face, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a many punched that many times in the face in any ufc

Youve been watching the sport for how long now ? and you did not grasp that Cain used takedowns to upset/bewilder JDS standing ?
JDS has the best boxing seen by a heavyweight in mma imho.

Yeah sorry bro, you don't know shit about boxing, Hunt is a super boxer, and once cain feels that power, he'll try to take it to the ground.
3/9/13 1:37 PM
MMApostle

I BELIEVE

3/9/13 1:54 PM
BackAndLeft
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^silly goose. Phone Post
3/9/13 1:59 PM
madmav
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for making the fight that the fans want dana.. =D

3/9/13 2:01 PM
QBBX51

TEX4N -  Phone Post

3/9/13 2:51 PM
darwinsmunky

I think anyone that understands this sport knows that jds was beaten by cain throwing off his rhythm with immediate td threats in addition to improved boxing/defense and dominance on the ground. However, for the many that make an argument against the boxing in K1, yet still stand along side jds as having the best boxing, havent paid attention to my first sentence. There are more dimensions to K1 then just your hands, and what is wrestling to mma, is equal to kicks, knees, and clinch work in K1. I know all this is involved in mma but how many boxers do you see holding a belt in K1 if everyone is so terrible?
3/9/13 2:55 PM
darwinsmunky

btw...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUNTO HUNTO HUNTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3/9/13 3:46 PM
sadisticsoldier
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMApostle - I BELIEVE

When he takes that kick from CroCop, shit still boggles me. I'm pretty sure 99% of the world would have been unconscious. Hunt isn't even visibly phased.

I don't understand why people are saying Hunt is slower than JDS. I'm confidant that Hunt's hands are just as fast, if not faster. If we are talking about foot speed and transition speed, I can see JDS being faster for sure. However Hunt's entry is very fast and his hand speed is as well for a heavyweight with that much power.

Also, maybe this sounds stupid, but I have heard similar things, and a lot of fights I've seen support this, but JDS fighting a much shorter fighter, and one who can take such a big shot, I feel like a lot of his power will be nullified because of the height. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I do feel like if Dos Santos gets in mount like Struve was, that is where Hunt will be in most trouble. So I feel it would be smart for JDS to take it to the ground or at the very least capitalize if Hunt is off balance, and work for a mount. Personally I'd prefer to see the fight play out on the feet though. Would most likely be a classic if it does.
3/9/13 3:51 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead - As exciting as this is, it's just going to go down the same way Jds v Big Country went. Phone Post
You think big country has the same level of striking as hunt? Lol Phone Post
3/9/13 3:55 PM
sawdusk
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love both fighters and love the match-up on paper, but if JDS fights this with any sense, it should be a taylor made victory for him...
3/9/13 3:57 PM
Kick Boxe
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have preferred jds reem, but this is the next best thing. Great fight

3/9/13 4:12 PM
darwinsmunky

GARRYD - 
darwinsmunky - I think anyone that understands this sport knows that jds was beaten by cain throwing off his rhythm with immediate td threats in addition to improved boxing/defense and dominance on the ground. However, for the many that make an argument against the boxing in K1, yet still stand along side jds as having the best boxing, havent paid attention to my first sentence. There are more dimensions to K1 then just your hands, and what is wrestling to mma, is equal to kicks, knees, and clinch work in K1. I know all this is involved in mma but how many boxers do you see holding a belt in K1 if everyone is so terrible?

How many boxers do you see holding a belt in K1 if everyone is so terrible ?
Thats in a roped k1 ring under a certain rule set ...see where this is going ??

I see where its going but youre obviously missing the point
3/9/13 4:15 PM
NitroSantanaCFH

This is so awesome...

But Struve gave Hunt that win and JDS is the FAR BETTER HW. Fairytale's over.
3/9/13 4:18 PM
Ringworm74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If mark hunt doesnt win I hope he gives him a run for his money..... Phone Post
3/9/13 4:22 PM
KingOfFighters

GARRYD - 
KingOfFighters - 
GARRYD - 
KingOfFighters - 
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead -  Struve doesn't know how to use his reach and Jds does.I just think he's going to pick him off and when Hunt throw's his bombs jds will use his quickness to avoid them imo. Phone Post

Wow you're making JDS out to be a world class boxer, go watch the fight with cain, he was static, hardly moving, blocking tons of shots with his face, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a many punched that many times in the face in any ufc

Youve been watching the sport for how long now ? and you did not grasp that Cain used takedowns to upset/bewilder JDS standing ?
JDS has the best boxing seen by a heavyweight in mma imho.

Yeah sorry bro, you don't know shit about boxing, Hunt is a super boxer, and once cain feels that power, he'll try to take it to the ground.

Mate i was only pointing out that you have been watching the sport for a long time yet completely missed the reason (takedowns) why Cain did so well standing with JDS !
I probably know more about boxing than you would care to know about,i am a uk gypsy so boxing is sort of my people national sport lol
I could bore you to tears about my heros growing up ,relations that fought for world title, if you wanna add me on facebook to see some of my ABA fights as a boy ya can if you like ,just PM me your username and i will add you ;)

Gypsy boxing? That travelers boxing shit? Seen some documentary on that a while ago.
3/9/13 4:25 PM
mata_leao
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KC007 - Phone Post
Best gif ever....and very fitting. Phone Post
3/9/13 4:59 PM
WRESTLENOW

mark hunt doesnt turn fights down. dana needs to check himself before he talks more bullshit about fighters.
3/9/13 6:56 PM
vazzo

I love JDS but Hunt is the General and I'm a loyal Army of Doom grunt!!! HUNT4LIFE Phone Post
3/9/13 8:17 PM
56sav

YES!!! Been a Mark Hunt fan since he upset JLB in the K-1 GP back in the day.

Hope he trains his fucking ass off. I really believe he has a shot at winning this fight.

Looking forward to an exciting Mark Hunt post fight interview too! Best eva. LOL.
3/9/13 8:34 PM
Fedoral Crime
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WRESTLENOW - mark hunt doesnt turn fights down. dana needs to check himself before he talks more bullshit about fighters.
You know this! Phone Post
3/9/13 9:11 PM
Spoonie Luv

Letibleu - 

i just got goose bumps!!!

lol voted up

3/9/13 9:45 PM
Osbot

It's gonna be Marko Hunto versus Junior Dos Perna.
3/9/13 10:04 PM
Braziliant

The Mark Hunt train will crash at UFC 160.
3/9/13 10:06 PM
darwinsmunky

GARRYD - 
darwinsmunky - 
GARRYD - 
darwinsmunky - I think anyone that understands this sport knows that jds was beaten by cain throwing off his rhythm with immediate td threats in addition to improved boxing/defense and dominance on the ground. However, for the many that make an argument against the boxing in K1, yet still stand along side jds as having the best boxing, havent paid attention to my first sentence. There are more dimensions to K1 then just your hands, and what is wrestling to mma, is equal to kicks, knees, and clinch work in K1. I know all this is involved in mma but how many boxers do you see holding a belt in K1 if everyone is so terrible?

K1 fans seem to hate on boxers or mma boxers for what eva reason ,i get that they are still looking for one of their guys to do well well in a cage ,they overhype the effectiveness of 'K1 striking " , they over look some of the intricate aspects of what makes a good striker for mma, i think to a certain degree boxing fans do the same BTW.

Like i said i don't think we should be surprised if JDS outboxes Hunt over five rounds, if i was a betting man thats where my money would be ;)
Please tell me some of the intricate aspects of what makes a good K1 striker for mma ?

Your still missing the point im making. What K1 is to boxing, mma is very much to K1, in that there are more dynamics involved which can make a superior striker look inferior (dos santos vs cain). I dont know why your taking this so personally. You seem intent on arguing a point that has nothing to do with what im saying. Open your eyes man.
3/9/13 11:07 PM
stonepony

darwinsmunky - 
GARRYD - 
darwinsmunky - 
GARRYD - 

K1 fans seem to hate on boxers or mma boxers for what eva reason ,i get that they are still looking for one of their guys to do well well in a cage ,they overhype the effectiveness of 'K1 striking " , they over look some of the intricate aspects of what makes a good striker for mma, i think to a certain degree boxing fans do the same BTW.

Like i said i don't think we should be surprised if JDS outboxes Hunt over five rounds, if i was a betting man thats where my money would be ;)
Please tell me some of the intricate aspects of what makes a good K1 striker for mma ?

Your still missing the point im making. What K1 is to boxing, mma is very much to K1, in that there are more dynamics involved which can make a superior striker look inferior (dos santos vs cain). I dont know why your taking this so personally. You seem intent on arguing a point that has nothing to do with what im saying. Open your eyes man.

On the other hand, most of Overeem's significant wins were via take-downs and holding opponents down. Like he did to Hunt. We always hear the hype about Overeem (used to anyway), he's the most elite striker ever. etc... But, it obviously hasn't translated to MMA for him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.