UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Sim City Gift

3/9/13 8:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Deadlysin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So logging into Sim City this morning there was an update and a message from Lucy Bradshaw a Maxis employees. Basically apologizes for all the errors and said that on 3/18 the players who have activated their game will receive an email on how to redeem their free pc download game from the EA portfolio. Makes me happy they are owning up and throwing free stuff at us, but I still want to just play my game already.

Logged into NA 1 server which is available right now, created game, picked region, and get the error unable to create game. So frustrating!! Phone Post
3/9/13 11:17 AM
gord96
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 11:17 AM
NA West 1 has been up and down all morning. My main cities are on there. Luckily it always comes back up and then syncs your city, so you don't crash or lose anything (at least so far!).

Once you actually are playing, the server disconnects don't really seem to matter as long as you don't log out during a disconnect.
3/9/13 1:14 PM
TuLegit

EA is slowly burning... Phone Post
3/10/13 1:19 AM
NYHC
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it seems like alot of the server problems have been slowly starting to be fixed the last 2 days. hopefully now they can focus there attention to fixing some of the ai. especially traffic, the fire and police departments and public transportation. Its still a pretty decent game when you can actually play, but the ai really does need some tweaking.

i saw the message about the free download. i wonder what games we will get to choose from for the free "gift". hopefully they will let players choose a decent fairly recent title.
3/10/13 1:14 PM
Deadlysin

Yeah I'm wondering what games we will be able to choose from the EA Catalog. Would be awesome if we could get Crysis 3 for free since EA published it, but I doubt they would give a new $60 game away. Phone Post
3/10/13 2:23 PM
redeye2000

the moment someone will hack simcity 5 and i can play offline without DRM will be the moment i pay for this game. and not a moment sooner.

fuck EAs always online crap in a game like sim city! last friday i was disconnected from the internet for 8 hours. imagine i want to play the game and cant because i need to be connected on the internet. sim city?

what is next. need to be online to play frogger?
3/11/13 11:44 AM
Dmclat
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking for players/friends on Origin.

Add me Dende440ex or Dmclat
3/11/13 11:52 AM
Mayfield
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been a fan of sim city since the original, i probably put in close to a 1000 hours on SC2K over a cuple of years. I was looking forward to the new one but I had not done any research before buying the game. I had assumed it would be fun like all the other versions. Lets just say I have been very dissapointed.

Server issues aside(why is this game online only anyways?) This game feels no better then a free to play online app. The maps are, small there is less content then the last version. And I am sure EA is planning on making us pay for the features later on that they removed from the last version. I feel sick that I spent the money i did on release date for this game. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.