UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I Think I've Stumbled Upon a New Submission

3/10/13 5:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rundymc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - 
rundymc - I do that without cradling the head. That, at least, rarely elicits a tap as I have trouble getting a good angle on the legs.

It's a guaranteed guard pass though, and is currently my go to.
Cradling the head, I think, is what really enables you to crank the submission/disables your opponent from fighting it off. Phone Post

Roger that. I'll have to give it a shot next class.
3/10/13 1:42 PM
Kostakio
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X_Rated - Longus Yard, the fallon fox and kkk have got me dying. Good job guys Phone Post
It doesn't get better than "Longus Yard". Phone Post
3/10/13 1:46 PM
buddie
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -  Inverted banana split Phone Post

this
3/10/13 1:47 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see a video of this to really grasp the hold.

Also, if it is a nameless submission, I recommend calling it, the Kostakio. Sounds japanese and most would probably just assume it's japanese, but the true origins is an American UGer.

3/10/13 2:04 PM
hvt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suggest "The cradle of filth"
3/10/13 2:07 PM
X_Rated
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio -
X_Rated - Longus Yard, the fallon fox and kkk have got me dying. Good job guys Phone Post
In all seriousness I've stumbled into what you've talked about before.. But I've always taken the back from it. I'm a small guy, short legs, haven't been confident to stretch someone out enough to tap and I find I usually end up with the back if not passing to triple attack Phone Post
3/10/13 2:34 PM
JohnnyLawrence
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - Inverted banana split Phone Post
'Banana Split' would've been perfect but it's taken. haha I'd like to suggest 'Sterilizer'. "Ooh, man, Mike (Goldberg). I think he's trying to set up a Sterilizer! HE'S GOT IT!!!" - Joe Rogan Phone Post

"Aaaand he lost it.." - Joe Rogan

3/10/13 2:45 PM
PK618
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds kind of like some of the Sambo hip locks. But I don't know enough about what you are doing nor about Sambo hip locks to be sure.
3/10/13 2:48 PM
Kostakio
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

I would like to see a video of this to really grasp the hold.

Also, if it is a nameless submission, I recommend calling it, the Kostakio. Sounds japanese and most would probably just assume it's japanese, but the true origins is an American UGer.

haha I will eventually make a video. I swear. Phone Post
3/10/13 2:50 PM
Kostakio

hvt - I suggest "The cradle of filth"
What about the "Forced Entry"? Phone Post
3/10/13 2:57 PM
Kostakio

X_Rated -
Kostakio -
In all seriousness I've stumbled into what you've talked about before.. But I've always taken the back from it. I'm a small guy, short legs, haven't been confident to stretch someone out enough to tap and I find I usually end up with the back if not passing to triple attack Phone Post
I think you may think I'm referring to a regular cradle where your opponent is turtled up facing downward. The position I'm referring to is you being on top of a laid-down flat opponent who is trapping your leg in his half-guard. From there I hook his leg with my arm as if I'm trying to pry open his half-guard to free my trapped leg. Then I cradle his head toward my hooking arm/hand and connect my hands to an 'S-Grip', applying pressure to his groin, assuming that he is refusing to release his half-guard and let me pass. If he still doesn't let me pass than I use my trapped leg to really crank his legs far apart. At that point, even if he releases my trapped leg and abandons his half-guard, he is still in an extremely uncomfortable position and forced to tap. Like I said, I nailed it on a really strong, flexible kid. He was baffled because he was like, "I'm not sure what makes it work because I can still do a full split from my gymnastics days..." Phone Post
3/10/13 2:58 PM
Kostakio

JohnnyLawrence -
Kostakio - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - Inverted banana split Phone Post
'Banana Split' would've been perfect but it's taken. haha I'd like to suggest 'Sterilizer'. "Ooh, man, Mike (Goldberg). I think he's trying to set up a Sterilizer! HE'S GOT IT!!!" - Joe Rogan Phone Post

"Aaaand he lost it.." - Joe Rogan

haha I better get props anyway, Rogan! Phone Post
3/10/13 2:59 PM
Kostakio

PK618 - Sounds kind of like some of the Sambo hip locks. But I don't know enough about what you are doing nor about Sambo hip locks to be sure.
Nor do I, Sir. Nor do I. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.