UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Jason Herzog an employee of Bellator?

3/9/13 2:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

some MMA media memeber my want to look into this, is he on salary? a full time employee?

3/9/13 2:45 PM
Dongbar
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here let me google that for you.....he worked UFC 157. So, no not a Bellator employee as of a few weeks ago. Phone Post
3/9/13 2:47 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a referee dude. They are freelance by definition.
3/9/13 2:50 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Dongbar -  Here let me google that for you.....he worked UFC 157. So, no not a Bellator employee as of a few weeks ago. Phone Post

wouldnt working for the CSAC and Bellator both be possible?

3/9/13 2:52 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Chromium - He's a referee dude. They are freelance by definition.

no they traditionally are not, in sanctioned states they work for the state as contractors

contrary to industry standard I believe he has an employment arraignment directly with Bellator (as would UFC refs when working many overseas UFC shows in fairness)

3/9/13 2:54 PM
Humphrey

GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE - 

no they traditionally are not, in sanctioned states they work for the state as contractors

contrary to industry standard I believe he has an employment arraignment directly with Bellator (as would UFC refs when working many overseas UFC shows in fairness)

if he's a ref, you're wrong. they work for the commission. they do not work for the org. that's as blatant a conflict of interest as you could get.

the org can recommend refs but they don't work for them
3/10/13 10:00 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Humphrey - 

if he's a ref, you're wrong. they work for the commission. they do not work for the org. that's as blatant a conflict of interest as you could get.

My point is, what commision?

Many Bellator events are held on small reservations with NO commision at all - similat to UFC when they go to say Kuwait, etc.

3/10/13 10:00 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Humphrey - 

My point is, what commision?

Many Bellator events are held on small reservations with NO commision at all - similat to UFC when they go to say Kuwait, etc.

3/10/13 11:43 AM
jaytrainwreck
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Independent contractor Phone Post
3/10/13 11:46 AM
the_fight_observer
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Bellator holds an event in unsactioned territory then they would contract whomever they want to referee I would imagine. Phone Post
3/10/13 11:49 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/10/13 11:50 AM
DanteHec
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason seems legitimate though so I wouldn't worry too much.. Phone Post
3/10/13 11:54 AM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanteHec - Jason seems legitimate though so I wouldn't worry too much.. Phone Post
I don't ever remember him making a controversial call which means he's doing it right. Phone Post
3/10/13 11:56 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

DanteHec -  Jason seems legitimate though so I wouldn't worry too much.. Phone Post

I agree 100% with the first four words, but its just sad & silly that in this 'sport' the #2 global organization flees sanctioning like its a disease 

3/10/13 11:58 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

the_fight_observer -  When Bellator holds an event in unsactioned territory then they would contract whomever they want to referee I would imagine. Phone Post

right, but the issue is in like 80% of their fights they pick & pay the ref & judges under that situation

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.