UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can GSP pass Nick Diaz's guard?

3/9/13 2:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Reggie Warren Jr
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

He could pass him a joint, but he aint passin Nicks guard. 

3/9/13 2:54 PM
puddin1414
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love it, everything about it. But I think he won't have much trouble doing it the later rounds.( if GSP survives that long) Phone Post
3/9/13 2:55 PM
Ip Man 81

GSP will do whatever he wants against Nick. Phone Post
3/9/13 2:55 PM
Dvh10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They said he wouldn't pass bj penns guard also they said he wouldn't out wrestle koscheck ! GSP has nothing to prove to anyone and as much as I love nick Diaz his chances of winning this one are slim to nil Phone Post
3/9/13 2:58 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ Penn was tired as fuck and much smaller...Im calling it now. GSP will not be pushing Nicks leg down and passing to side control. Aint happening!

3/9/13 2:59 PM
TuLegit

Not if it's from closed guard. He'd have to get it in the transition on a takedown. Phone Post
3/9/13 3:00 PM
Vader03
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesnt even have to Phone Post
3/9/13 3:01 PM
Reggie Warren Jr

TuLegit -  Not if it's from closed guard. He'd have to get it in the transition on a takedown. Phone Post

Exactly...and that position wont last for more than a second or two

3/9/13 3:02 PM
CrazyPope
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're insane if you think he won't pass his guard, GSP's guard passing is on another level imo
3/9/13 3:03 PM
Reggie Warren Jr

CrazyPope - You're insane if you think he won't pass his guard, GSP's guard passing is on another level imo

Yes, I am insane...but Nicks guard is on another level. Who can you remember passing it?

3/9/13 3:04 PM
ranier wolfcastle
950 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its probably more work than its worth

3/9/13 3:04 PM
The_R
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he'll try and fail and decide to get back up and Condit Nick then take him down near the end of every round for points. It'd be interesting to see Nick take GSP down. I don't think his top game is as developed as his bottom though. If Nick locks him out and/or in a miracle stuffs GSP's takedowns then GSP will have to run IMO. Phone Post
3/9/13 3:05 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op must be the great oz Phone Post
3/9/13 3:11 PM
The_R
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like the only people to pass Nick's guard were Diego 3 times so very long ago and Karo did it once. Thank you Fight Metrics. Phone Post
3/9/13 3:11 PM
MrNiceguy66

Lol @ passing him a joint! Phone Post
3/9/13 3:12 PM
CindyO

REGGIE!!!!!!! No video?

*sad face*

Cindy

3/9/13 3:12 PM
SupesUp
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
Reggie Warren Jr - 
CrazyPope - You're insane if you think he won't pass his guard, GSP's guard passing is on another level imo

Yes, I am insane...but Nicks guard is on another level. Who can you remember passing it?

Can you remember the last time he's been on his back?  He's avoided all wrestlers for 6+ years.

People really seem to believe that nick is soooo much better than gsp on the ground. Gsp will be very comfortable anywhere Phone Post
3/9/13 3:17 PM
The_R

SupesUp -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
Reggie Warren Jr - 

Can you remember the last time he's been on his back?  He's avoided all wrestlers for 6+ years.

People really seem to believe that nick is soooo much better than gsp on the ground. Gsp will be very comfortable anywhere Phone Post
Big difference between being comfortable in his guard and being effective in his guard. Phone Post
3/9/13 3:19 PM
uniquetechnique
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr - 

He could pass him a joint, but he aint passin Nicks guard. 

I've heard from a few BJJ black belts that GSP has passed their guards with no problem, So I would not be surprised if he does pass Diaz guard.
3/9/13 3:20 PM
Moke
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

George pretty much only uses one pass. I'm pretty sure Nick will be ready for it...and I'm sure GSP knows Nick will be ready for it and will have plan B...which is good, but it may land him in trouble.
3/9/13 3:23 PM
tetris
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love nick but he hasnt faced a wrestler i. A long ass time and gsp is the best in the biz at takin nukkas down.

This fight is going to look like bendo vs nate Phone Post
3/9/13 3:36 PM
tonytr

Can't wait for the Diaz fans to be shut up after this fight. And to think I was a fan of Diaz when he fought in Strikeforce.
3/9/13 4:00 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 4:00 PM
wait...is your cindy....cindy O???
3/9/13 4:02 PM
HandyDarsh
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonytr - Can't wait for the Diaz fans to be shut up after this fight. And to think I was a fan of Diaz when he fought in Strikeforce.

if you arent his fan now, then you never were

3/9/13 4:04 PM
supersonic
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes only because Diaz goes for sweeps and subs and likes rolling into scrambles to get to his feet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.