UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can GSP pass Nick Diaz's guard?

3/9/13 8:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/13 8:38 PM
Everyone generalizing about everyone is retarded. There are extreme nuthuggers on both sides. Now gravitate towards logic.

GSP fans: Can Nick Diaz keep GSP in his guard? Maybe.

Diaz fans: Can GSP pass Diaz's guard. Maybe.

If there is one person that has a chance of passing Diaz' guard, its GSP. Nobody has kept him in guard. Condit did a good job of regaining guard and scrambling. It will most definitely serve as a blueprint for Diaz. He will build on that,

The thing about GSP's guard pass is as soon as you open guard and use a butterfly he can scoot your leg under his thigh and pass on that side. He is unstoppable when doing that, all of his past opponents tried and failed to train and stop it. If one dude can, it might be Diaz.

If you keep the guard closed, GSP opens it. He also is good at baiting like he did against Condit. If one guy can bait a bait though, its Diaz.

Now everyone be friends and get some popcorn cause this fight should be good.
3/9/13 9:02 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

Or some busch light and pork rinds^^^^

3/9/13 9:05 PM
alkysmurf
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have to be the spicy pork rinds! Phone Post
3/9/13 9:10 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Them are dee-lishous!

3/10/13 5:10 AM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrg1 -
DiazsBongWater - 
rrg1 -
DiazsBongWater - 
Reggie Warren Jr -
CrazyPope - You're insane if you think he won't pass his guard, GSP's guard passing is on another level imo

Yes, I am insane...but Nicks guard is on another level. Who can you remember passing it?

Nick Diaz has never had his guard passed in MMA

That is fucking outstanding Phone Post

And GSP wouldn't out-wrestle Hughes...or Ko's...or take BJ down...or outstrike BJ...or outstrike Alves....

Shall I continue?

The fuck you talking about? Uneducated fool Phone Post

Doesn't it bother you that you have to TRY to act like you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Again, it must SUCK to be a person who has to look the other way lol.

Where, in anything I wrote, did I mention GSP?
I simply stated a fact that Nick Diaz has never had his guard passed in an MMA bout!

Fucking fanboi Phone Post
3/10/13 2:02 PM
MMAfan1million
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr -
CrazyPope - You're insane if you think he won't pass his guard, GSP's guard passing is on another level imo

Yes, I am insane...but Nicks guard is on another level. Who can you remember passing it?

Diego Sanchez. Phone Post
3/10/13 3:26 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAfan1million - 
Reggie Warren Jr -

dont remember that happening.
3/10/13 3:48 PM
MMAfan1million

show no mercy -
MMAfan1million - 
Reggie Warren Jr -

I might be wrong, but when they fought, I believe Diego managed to get to half-guard (not sure if that's defined as passing (full) guard or not), and at some point even had Nick mounted. Phone Post
3/10/13 3:56 PM
Reggie Warren Jr

MMAfan1million - 
show no mercy -
MMAfan1million - 
Reggie Warren Jr -

I might be wrong, but when they fought, I believe Diego managed to get to half-guard (not sure if that's defined as passing (full) guard or not), and at some point even had Nick mounted. Phone Post

I remember Diego being a scrappy fucker on the ground around this time, but Id need to re-watch the fight to see if he made these passes or had the mount

3/10/13 4:06 PM
rrg1

DiazsBongWater - 
rrg1 -
DiazsBongWater - 
rrg1 -
DiazsBongWater - 
Reggie Warren Jr -

Nick Diaz has never had his guard passed in MMA

That is fucking outstanding Phone Post

And GSP wouldn't out-wrestle Hughes...or Ko's...or take BJ down...or outstrike BJ...or outstrike Alves....

Shall I continue?

The fuck you talking about? Uneducated fool Phone Post

Doesn't it bother you that you have to TRY to act like you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Again, it must SUCK to be a person who has to look the other way lol.

Where, in anything I wrote, did I mention GSP?
I simply stated a fact that Nick Diaz has never had his guard passed in an MMA bout!

Fucking fanboi Phone Post

Doesn't it bother you that you have to TRY and pretend to not understand that Diaz if fighting GSP and therefore you're saying that GSP will have a hard time passing it?

It must suck to be this stupid.

GSP will do whatever he wants to in this fight. Including making NickTuck's guard look like that of a white belt. Watch.
3/10/13 5:11 PM
Buck 65

Nothing GSP does should surprise anyone by now. As good as Diaz's guard is, GSP will probably pass it if he chooses to.
3/10/13 7:13 PM
Moke
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/13 7:14 PM
lol @ the butthurt fanbois. Look, GSP will very likely win. But, saying he will walk through Nick's guard is just ballhanger nonsense. You can count on Nick's guard to be far more effective and dangerous than Condit's.

And for those that mention Sanchez passing his guard, well that was 8 years ago...you know, roughly about the same time that Hughes armolcked GSP.
3/10/13 7:19 PM
uniquetechnique
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - lol @ the butthurt fanbois. Look, GSP will very likely win. But, saying he will walk through Nick's guard is just ballhanger nonsense. You can count on Nick's guard to be far more effective and dangerous than Condit's.

And for those that mention Sanchez passing his guard, well that was 8 years ago...you know, roughly about the same time that Hughes armolcked GSP.

I like GSP and his underdog status in passing Diaz guard but I have been doing BJJ since 1995 and have witnessed even white belts that have a guard from hell, all in the hips. I always say..Its a tailored fight. If you are tailored to beat a fighter because of your own kick his ass. lol
3/10/13 7:34 PM
Moke
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/13 7:34 PM
I don't even doubt that GSP will pass the guard at some point. But how much danger will he be in while in it? What percentage of the time on the ground will he be in there? What will he be able to do with the pass and how long before the guard is recovered and he's in danger again?

Again, I think Nick will be most vulnerable to the kicks.
3/10/13 10:04 PM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jab...Jab... Hard leg kick to Diaz front Leg ... Jab..Jab ...double leg...full gaurd...half gaurd... Full gaurd...half gaurd...full gaurd... Half gaurd...

Round ends. 10/9 GSP

Duplicate for Rounds 2-3-4-5. Phone Post
3/10/13 10:35 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

PrettyBoy - Jab...Jab... Hard leg kick to Diaz front Leg ... Jab..Jab ...double leg...full gaurd...half gaurd... Full gaurd...half gaurd...full gaurd... Half gaurd...

Round ends. 10/9 GSP

Duplicate for Rounds 2-3-4-5. Phone Post
Unfortunately, this, most likely. Phone Post
3/10/13 11:28 PM
danneykmma
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im a huge fan of both guys but I see this fight looking a whole lot like Benson vs nate Phone Post
3/10/13 11:51 PM
orcus

Nate has probably done more off his back in MMA than Diaz has (submitting Pellegrino, Assuncao, Maynard) and he got raped on the ground by the strong wrestler/grappler types he's fought without putting them in ANY danger. Not sure why everyone is so convinced Nick will be any different, against a guy who has NEVER been in trouble in top position.

3/17/13 2:47 AM
Reggie Warren Jr

Did he pass it? Nope.

3/17/13 4:46 PM
orcus

Nick's ground game was deadly!

If GSP didn't pass it's only because Nick turtled and gave up his back as soon as he started getting punched.

3/20/13 12:41 AM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

Reggie Warren Jr -

Did he pass it? Nope.

Nope. Phone Post
3/20/13 12:41 AM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo -
Reggie Warren Jr -

Did he pass it? Nope.

Nope. Phone Post
He didn't really try. Phone Post
3/20/13 1:02 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr -

Did he pass it? Nope.

Nope. Phone Post
Bull shit. Phone Post
3/20/13 5:22 PM
UGSlapshot

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
Reggie Warren Jr -

Did he pass it? Nope.

Nope. Phone Post
Bull shit. Phone Post
Yeah, he was trying to advance at times but he was stuffed, had to change positing to avoid subs and the fight basically stalled for the majority of the time it was on the floor. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.