UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Batman Inc #8 going for $75

3/9/13 5:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YVEL MACHIDA
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was at my local comic shop today setting my pull list as I haven't been able to get there as often, I was browsing around and saw one copy of the Batman Inc #8 issue with the R. I. P, picked it up to buy it and saw the price tag of 75.00.

Ridiculous, haven't seen a book with such a quick price jump in a long time Phone Post
3/9/13 6:23 PM
MixedMartialArse
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess this is another selling point for digital. There should be no reason for digital prices to ever go up. Phone Post
3/9/13 7:29 PM
GrendelX
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to find a new store LOL There not even going for that on ebay.
3/9/13 7:37 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GrendelX - You need to find a new store LOL There not even going for that on ebay.
I don't pay premiums for books. Just new releases. I like my store though, guy that runs it has been in the biz 30 years. Really good customer service. I can email them and have a response in 20 mind. Phone Post
3/10/13 3:56 AM
kung_pow
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would only pay that much if there were 4 different covers, sealed in bags with foil embossed designs. Those are the things that made comics great.
3/10/13 7:13 AM
crunchysavior
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's probably some variant, I'm guessing? $75 is still hard to swallow considering how many prints they do of shit nowadays.
3/10/13 9:17 AM
MarkRobinson
1138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ouch/ Phone Post
3/10/13 9:35 AM
YVEL MACHIDA

crunchysavior - It's probably some variant, I'm guessing? $75 is still hard to swallow considering how many prints they do of shit nowadays.
Yeah it was the RIP cover, not sure if that was a variant or not Phone Post
3/10/13 4:56 PM
Alger Hiss
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kung_pow - I would only pay that much if there were 4 different covers, sealed in bags with foil embossed designs. Those are the things that made comics great.

lol
3/10/13 6:04 PM
None So Blind
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Autographed, perhaps?
3/10/13 6:26 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

None So Blind - Autographed, perhaps?
Perhaps, guess I didn't look that close. Still even autographed by Grant it shouldn't be that much yet Phone Post
3/11/13 2:25 AM
Mongo Lloyd
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless it's the sketch variant there is no way you should be charged that much.

I have all the covers except the sketch and none of them are running at that price. Hell you can still get the first print copies at cover price online from Midtown Comics website. They have the digital copy and the regular RIP covers.
3/16/13 3:19 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

Update

Was back the store today picking up my weeks books. Looked at the book again and it is the Black and White variant cover which is going for 75.00 online Phone Post
3/18/13 6:25 PM
MrMead
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was under ordered by the comic shops as nobody was told what would happen until the orders had been sent to Diamond. That might be the variant though, b&w?
3/18/13 6:26 PM
MrMead
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just noticed your update after posting, b&w is the variant one.
3/18/13 6:26 PM
MrMead

Regular cover is going for $30-49.99
3/18/13 7:37 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dude i'll give you a handjob for 80
3/18/13 8:34 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

NeoSpartan - dude i'll give you a handjob for 80
I can give one to myself for free Phone Post
3/19/13 12:12 PM
Mongo Lloyd
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrMead - Regular cover is going for $30-49.99

No. It is still selling for retail unless you go to Ebay.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/search.asp?pl=16&q=batman+incorporated+8

3/19/13 3:53 PM
MrMead

Mongo Lloyd - 

Midtown is huge so they might have bought a ton of copies. Is that the first printing? I know the second print came out last week. If it is first print, I would buy one just for the option to sell it on ebay. In the last few weeks I have looked at the prices of certain newer comics I have and the going price for them is outrageous. Have a copy of Peter Panzerfaust that is going for $400 and is only 6+ months old. I never bought comics to try and make a buck on, but looking at what I have and the going price on ebay, I might just sell them and buy the trades.
3/20/13 12:51 PM
Mongo Lloyd

MrMead - 
Mongo Lloyd - 

Midtown is huge so they might have bought a ton of copies. Is that the first printing? I know the second print came out last week. If it is first print, I would buy one just for the option to sell it on ebay. In the last few weeks I have looked at the prices of certain newer comics I have and the going price for them is outrageous. Have a copy of Peter Panzerfaust that is going for $400 and is only 6+ months old. I never bought comics to try and make a buck on, but looking at what I have and the going price on ebay, I might just sell them and buy the trades.

The sketch and white background covers on Midtown are 1st printings. They initially sold out and a few days later announced that they had received the rest and it hasn't sold out since then.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.