UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Team Lloyd Irvin affiliate finished

3/11/13 3:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Badmonkey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Dr. Shen.
3/11/13 3:56 PM
MMA_KNOWLEDGE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Setree -
shen - --Whoa flashback-- this is exactly what Marcos Avellan would do too, PM me if I said anything "critical" and get my posts deleted.

(There is nothing in my inbox BTW).

The old "check your inbox" trick? These guys ARE tricky.
I hate that prank. It is always spam, selling a new set of DVDs or new program to revolutionize my game Phone Post
3/11/13 4:00 PM
mrgoodarmbar
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - Wow, playing both the Victim Card AND the Race Card in the same hand...?

I don't know poker terminology very well, but I THINK that's called either a "Straight Douchebag" or a "Royal Douchebag".

in spades?
3/11/13 5:35 PM
cawsie77
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mrgoodarmbar -
shen - Wow, playing both the Victim Card AND the Race Card in the same hand...?

I don't know poker terminology very well, but I THINK that's called either a "Straight Douchebag" or a "Royal Douchebag".

in spades?
Brilliant! Phone Post
3/11/13 5:37 PM
TrappeBier
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gold Jerry! Phone Post
3/11/13 7:43 PM
shen
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.
3/12/13 9:36 AM
eviladam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's what Rosa Parks would have wanted.
3/12/13 12:31 PM
sswturtle
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BITCHASSNESS Phone Post
3/12/13 11:50 PM
Siciliano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With all due fairness to Adam Singer, although he usually irritates me when he butts in on threads in the JKD Forum (a whole new different topic), I think he's a decent person with some pretty solid credentials and a good curriculum.

I don't know him personally (and I kinda maliciously made fun of him in a thread in the JKD forum), but let's give him the benefit of a doubt that he is a sincere school owner who wanted to keep his business afloat. (Although admittedly was fooled by LI).
3/12/13 11:52 PM
Siciliano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In short, let`s not lump him in the scumbag category. He was one of many hosts, LI was the parasite.
3/13/13 12:11 AM
shen
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/13 12:37 AM
^ I agree... Adam & his brother are very legit, respected people for good reason.

And although I did gave them crap about trying some of LI's marketing tactics --which I really don't like-- I truly don't think they belong in the same category as the aforementioned, AT ALL.

Being a martial arts instructor is NOT a path to riches for the vast majority of martial arts teachers, even for some legends. I truly don't fault them or anyone for simply wanting to find ways to help make their business successful.
3/13/13 4:58 AM
RealPosition
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So are they still with Lloyd or not?
3/13/13 9:33 AM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/13 9:46 AM
RP, we resigned from the master mind groups when all these revelations started. We have never been a LI affiliate.

Fuzzy, sometimes it is easier to speak to people on the phone.

Adam Phone Post
3/13/13 11:21 AM
Siciliano

Fuzzy Badfeet,

It's not that. Personally Adam has indirectly talked crap about my FMA instructor (who doesn't charge a penny) so I can say I can have something personal against him.

But no, I believe they're decent martial arts instructors. My objective point of view.
3/13/13 2:13 PM
Badmonkey

WhoRunsBarterTown - Any advice on getting my black rash guard in brazilian jiujitsu so I can also become a master?

If you have a black jock strap you have what it takes to be a gold member!
3/13/13 3:04 PM
frankiscool
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/13 3:06 PM
nm
3/13/13 3:51 PM
Siciliano

Badmonkey - 
WhoRunsBarterTown - Any advice on getting my black rash guard in brazilian jiujitsu so I can also become a master?

If you have a black jock strap you have what it takes to be a gold member!

LOL!!!
3/14/13 12:01 AM
RealPosition

Adam Singer - RP, we resigned from the master mind groups when all these revelations started. We have never been a LI affiliate.

Adam Phone Post

Glad to hear that Adam. Sorry for the confusion, some posts gave me the impression you guys were still in with Lloyd.
3/14/13 12:16 AM
gurukripa
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Singer Brothers clinch tape took me in a whole new direction in my training.
A. It taught me the basics of the clinch for the street which is an area/range that I try to focus on and I feel that I might be a little better at this range than a lot of people. Thanks to this instructional.
B. It showed me how sport methodologies can be used for self defense.
C. Introduced me to the SBG and led me to joining a local SBG gym after attending one of Adams seminars there. I watched that tape so much it is falling apart which sucks. I like it more than the Hardcore Training dvd they did later.

Based on all this..I thought they achieved more than lloyd ever did which was why I was surprised that they were exploring his marketing strategies. But I dont dont look down on them for doing so.
3/15/13 8:03 AM
andre
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - ^ I agree... Adam & his brother are very legit, respected people for good reason.

And although I did gave them crap about trying some of LI's marketing tactics --which I really don't like-- I truly don't think they belong in the same category as the aforementioned, AT ALL.

Being a martial arts instructor is NOT a path to riches for the vast majority of martial arts teachers, even for some legends. I truly don't fault them or anyone for simply wanting to find ways to help make their business successful.
This! Phone Post
3/16/13 1:10 AM
FJJ828
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/16/13 1:10 AM
Adam Singer - RP, we resigned from the master mind groups when all these revelations started. We have never been a LI affiliate.

Adam Phone Post

Was a little late chiming in on this but I didn't realize Adam & Rory were getting lumped in as "affiliates". To my knowledge, that has never been the case and these guys are not bullshitters. Adam has stated that they tried something new when they were scraping along like so many others in the Martial Arts world. They realized that it wasn't for them and they moved on, taking their "licks" when the mastermind stuff blew up.

I have always despised the TLI marketing thing and feel that LI is getting what he deserves with all this negative attention. The Singers are good people though and in spite of getting involved with TLI marketing, have done right by their students. People make mistakes. People with integrity learn from them and grow.

This too shall pass.

Fletch

Team Marcelo Pereira/ Naples BJJ

www.brazilianjiujitsunaples.com

3/16/13 2:35 AM
Siciliano

Edited: 03/16/13 2:36 AM
Thanks Fletch. I honestly think these guys are in a pretty precarious situation right now due to the legal aspects involved if they got vocal on the internet. I honestly think they're good people just looking for ways to keep their business afloat and offer a quality product. Much respect to them.

Adam - is my English good enough or still fobbish?
3/16/13 5:32 PM
REALLYBIGRHINO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060823071925/evchk/images/b/b1/Who-fuckin-cares.jpg

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.