UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lauzon details recovery from scar tissue

3/10/13 11:04 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"There was like a big raised ridge underneath there just full of scar tissue," he recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "The big thing is that I'm paranoid – really paranoid – that I'm going to start training again, and if all that scar tissue is still there, I'll make it to the end of camp, and I'll take a shot. It'll open it up again, or it'll open up right at the beginning of when I fight again.

"So I made a decision to take it a little slower."

To combat the problem, John Pallof, a physical therapist at Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning in Massachusetts, has been working with Lauzon and using something called the Graston Technique.

"Basically he takes a metal tool and digs at the scar tissue to break it all up," Lauzon said. "So I can legit feel all the scar tissue breaking up and getting smaller and smaller. It's super painful, but I've basically been doing that. But I can only do it once a week. You can basically aggravate the crap out of it, br

read entire article...

3/10/13 11:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lahzerous
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ummmm ouch.......... Reading that gave me the heebie jeebies.
3/10/13 11:13 PM
Fedors Jim Jams
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for graston technique removing scar tissue
3/10/13 11:14 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck that sounds rough. And I know a thing or two about scar tissue.

Lauzon has become one of my favorites and can't wait til he's back in there! Phone Post
3/10/13 11:18 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every part of that article is why I'm a Joe Lauzon fan for life. Phone Post
3/10/13 11:20 PM
fryabusa
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Creepy Joe's next walkout music?

3/10/13 11:22 PM
prolurker22
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've had something similar done after an ACL reconstruction, it is not a pleasant experience.

I was stupid and did not listen to our athletic trainer and my skin had become attached to the patella.

He's gonna be better off getting this taken care of. Phone Post
3/10/13 11:23 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

He should be allowed to use more Vaseline than other fighters , if his scar tissue is more likely to open up with strikes.

3/10/13 11:25 PM
HERTSWENIP
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/13 11:25 PM
3/11/13 2:31 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will always be a Lauzon fan. Hopefully he gets this taken care of once and for all.
3/11/13 2:46 AM
nolabrum

I've always liked Joe and admired his tuffness. But god damn that seems painful. I hope all his hard work and sacrifice is rewarded even after he stops fighting. Phone Post
3/11/13 5:31 AM
Humphrey

Joe's a smart cookie, and I'm glad he's got the common sense to realize taking it slow could make a huge difference.
3/11/13 6:13 AM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.