UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 158 results and discussion

3/17/13 1:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bristols Jim
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went 9 and 3 for this event but I still think Carlos beat Hendricks so I'm gonna call it 10-2.

As others have mentioned, would love to see Nick try and revenge his brothers loss to Rory.
3/17/13 1:37 AM
Skip2MyLou
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

18th victory in the UFC (tied with Hughes)
11th straight victory
8th straight title defense.

Enough said. Phone Post
3/17/13 1:39 AM
RJJH
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL shocker DIAZ skips the presser.

what a punk.

3/17/13 1:53 AM
Braziliant
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Nick even train for this fight? Like at all?

I wish Hendricks was just given the title shot straight up. It would have been more main-event worthy.
3/17/13 1:54 AM
Braziliant

RJJH - 

LOL shocker DIAZ skips the presser.

what a punk.

It's optional for him, he lost the fight.
3/17/13 2:01 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Braziliant - Did Nick even train for this fight? Like at all?

I wish Hendricks was just given the title shot straight up. It would have been more main-event worthy.
Seriously Phone Post
3/17/13 2:18 AM
Braziliant

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
Braziliant - Did Nick even train for this fight? Like at all?

Seriously Phone Post

Hell yeah, Diaz got straight up schooled tonight for five full rounds both on the ground and on the feet.
3/17/13 2:47 AM
tetris
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - So can we all agree that CRE really picked Diaz to win?
For sure. Cretard tried to use reverse psycholgy on the UG but it turned into reverse stupidity. Phone Post
3/17/13 3:33 AM
PoWdA101
603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TEX4N -  Phone Post

Needs "in" put on this gif

3/17/13 3:33 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fishyfish - 
bonerfart - 

I still don't understand how some of you think Condit beat Hendricks.

easy.  "opinions are like assholes", right ?  and there are definitely a lot of opinions on this forum...

has anyone yet mentioned that GSP DELIBERATELY stood and boxed with Diaz, and pretty much stopped doing takedowns for a while because he was so confident he could do that and control Diaz on the ground PRETTY MUCH AT WILL, and was not afraid of Nick's punches, just to give the fans a show ?

anyone mention that yet ?

Kudo's for pointing it out my dude but for rational people that was pretty fucking obvious...

Its also amazing how quit all the Diaz groupies have become all of a sudden. The always gloss over all the weaknesses in his arsenal,the always gloss of the stupidity of his deeds and words and now they just dissapear into the woodworks completely.

3/17/13 3:34 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liked Wineland comment  for not mincing words...''Know your place and act normal man''.

3/17/13 3:41 AM
crumbs

Nick was completely mind fucked, Gets taken down for 2 rounds, adjusts his game plan to defend take down, then gets beat on the feet, mind fucked.
3/17/13 6:02 AM
Braziliant

I just watched the presser and Diaz apparently showed up out of nowhere near the end saying he wants GSP or Silva or he's retiring? That's hilarious.

Diaz VS Silva would be an interesting fight. Similar styles. I don't know why all of the sudden he thinks he's deserving of a rematch against GSP, though. GSP is a bad match up for Diaz, i don't know how he can't see that, especially after tonight.
3/17/13 10:10 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva v Diaz would be a one sided beating. Nice of GSP to say Diaz has some of the best boxing in MMA when the reality is, it is more like the most over rated.
3/17/13 12:10 PM
BLPorritt
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol in Phone Post
3/17/13 7:17 PM
Lazer MMA

crossfire -  I had Condit winning that fight , was way more active and all Hendricks did was scoring takedowns except for the first round which i thought he won. Guess the fight would have looked a bit different had he not hurt his hand in the first round. Phone Post

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4221

"was way more active and all Hendricks did was scoring takedowns"

No per EVERY poll and major web site too sir.
3/17/13 7:40 PM
PgaProMT

So you wanna look good and win in the UFC? Get good at taking fighters down! Don't worry about what you do when you get to the ground, stay on top as long as you can, and when he gets up... Take him down again!!! Hendricks is a joke! He's not the one trick pony I thought he was going into this fight.. he did show some retard strength on a few of those takedowns..but Condit out classed him everywhere in that fight. That was a no win situation for Condit, unless he absolutely destroyed Hendricks he wasn't getting a rematch with GSP.

Now Hendricks vs. GSP? If DW is smart he'll put that shit on Fox!! Nobody is going to pay 50 bucks to watch "Big Rig" lunge around the ring, trying to land a haymaker, while GSP picks him apart in another 25 minute "war":(
3/17/13 7:50 PM
The_Spider
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ironhouse - 
Pencil Neck - 
Ironhouse - So Jake Shields did better Striking against GSP than Nick...weird

Jake did better eye poking.

Nick definitively won the after bell exchanges.

A technique he learned from Daley.
3/17/13 7:51 PM
PgaProMT

and I'm not even going to read the 96 pages of debate posted before me.... GSP did exactly what everyone knew he'd do - he went out and put up another 25 minute display. Showing all of us once again how he "fights not to lose", instead of "fighting to win"... Until GSP steps in the ring with Anderson Silva - I could give a shit if I ever see him, or Hendricks fight again.
3/17/13 8:42 PM
Lazer MMA

PgaProMT - and I'm not even going to read the 96 pages of debate posted before me.... GSP did exactly what everyone knew he'd do - he went out and put up another 25 minute display. Showing all of us once again how he "fights not to lose", instead of "fighting to win"... Until GSP steps in the ring with Anderson Silva - I could give a shit if I ever see him, or Hendricks fight again.

VTFD

GSP is not fighting to try to impress you. He dominates his competition and gets's the W's. He gets the PPV buys.

HTF can anyone argue that by dominating and not taking chances he is just showing a high fighting IQ? I'm no fan of his BTW

The Hendricks fight was a real good one. No one cares WTF or if you watch.

3/17/13 10:12 PM
pursuitofhappiness

I dunno what fight you guys were watching... But I really thought Diaz was out pointing GSP at 5:01 of each round
3/18/13 7:16 AM
Smellde Gluve
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pursuitofhappiness - I dunno what fight you guys were watching... But I really thought Diaz was out pointing GSP at 5:01 of each round

Hahaha. VU

3/18/13 8:26 AM
Lazer MMA

crossfire - 
Lazer MMA -
crossfire -  I had Condit winning that fight , was way more active and all Hendricks did was scoring takedowns except for the first round which i thought he won. Guess the fight would have looked a bit different had he not hurt his hand in the first round. Phone Post

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4221

"was way more active and all Hendricks did was scoring takedowns"

No per EVERY poll and major web site too sir.
Did you even watch the fight ? In what way did you find Hendricks to be the more active fighter except in the first round ? Yes he got the takedowns but he didn't make anything of it and Condit out struck him from the bottom or got back up. 2 more rounds and Condit would have TKO:d him from his back. This was a textbook example of why a change in the rules would be welcomed . Phone Post

I referenced the actual numbers (fightmetric) to dispute the claims you made("was 'way' more active" & "all Hendricks did was scoring takedowns"), and break down the fight numerically which makes it easy to see the strikes landed were close and your claims false. Why would you ignore the empirical data I sourced?

In fact logically the point of contention in the fight was RD.2. Hendricks landed the harder shots in that rd. The numbers were a Virtual draw....Except....

Hendricks 0 12 of 27 44% 26 of 41 4 of 5 80% 0 1 0
Condit 0 13 of 49 27% 24 of 60 0 of 0 0% 0 0 0

The TD's (4 of 5) plus harder shots landed were more than enough to give him the round IMO. Most fans and professional journalists (per EVERY poll I saw & EVERY major web site) and the numbers themselves (fightmetric) say your post is from hunger (so to speak) looking at the evidence of opinions and hard numbers.

What I do if I'm at odds with a decision myself is check this data. If a number of polls and web sites agree with me, I make a bigger stink of it. If the data does not support my opinion I do not (although I may keep my opinion).

3/24/13 9:26 AM
PgaProMT

UnderTheClock - 

mma is not for everyone.

Yup it sure isn't, and if in the progression of this sport they don't find a way to fix how the winner is "judged" it'll be for even less people. I'm not saying GSP didn't deserve to win that fight, of course he did. But awarding points for take downs, where no damage is done after (like every td of Hendricks), and see how many people "pay" to watch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.