UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Russian Fighters from Dagestan coming up FAST

3/11/13 8:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PhuketTopTeam
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/11/13 8:05 AM

While searching for a full list of Dagestani fighters in the PRO MMA ranks i realised how hard it is to actually find this information out. Many are listed simply as Russian (which makes sense) it’s just that im trying to put a spotlight on this one particular region of Russia.

Here’s a list of (Just Some) of the fighters i realised and found out are from the Dagestan region:

(i am sure i will have missed some big names… there are just so many)

Khabib Nurmagomedov (19-0) UFC Lightweight

Rustam Khabilov (15-1) UFC Lightweight

Azamat-Gashimov (7-2) UFC Bantamweight

Shahbulat-Shamhalaev (12-1) Bellator Featherweight

MAGOMED SAADULAEV (14-2) Bellator Lightweight

Magomedrasul “Frodo” Khasbulaev (20-5) Bellator Featherweight

Ruslan Magamedov (10-1) Bellator Heavyweight

Murad Machaev (11-1) Lightweight Bellator

Rasul Mirzaev (5-0 & world combat sambo champion) Featherweight Bellator (possibly cut after prison sentence)

Magomed Shikshabekov (7-1) Welterweight M-1 global

Rashid Magomedov (15-1) Welterweight M-1 Global

Arthur Guseinov (11-3) Middleweight M-1 Global

Shamil Zavurov (20-2) Welterweight M-1 Global

Muslim Salihov (Sanda world champion, Kickboxing world champion) Middleweight M-1 Global

Ali Bagautinov (9-2) Flyweight Fight Nights

Zubair Tukhugov (12-3) Lightweight Fight Nights

Yusup Saadulaev (9-2) Bantamweight ONE FC

Malik Omarov (4-1) lightweight Dubai FC

(i am sure there are many fighters i am missing…. but this gives just an idea of the strength & level of fighters coming out of this tiny region in the south of Russia)

So what is it about Dagestan?
The hardship? History of fighting? Warrior mentality? …. whatever it is, i don’t see it slowing down any time soon.
The takeover is upon us…. the Russians are coming and the one’s from the far south region of Dagestan are coming in large numbers with great force!’

CLICK HERE for Full Article on the Dagestan fighters in MMA 

3/11/13 8:21 AM
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't forget Volk Han!
3/11/13 8:25 AM
PhuketTopTeam
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - Can't forget Volk Han!

True - Volk Han was a true legend.

But that list above is Just the current fighters... it really is crazy how many amazing fighters are coming out of this one small part of South-West Russia. Dagestan somehow manages to produce some amazing fighters

3/11/13 9:47 AM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a few you missed off the top of my head, Sultan Aliev, Baga Agaev, Shamil Abdurahimov. There are def more

Good topic, Ive become very interested in this as well

Life in Dagestan can be pretty fucking rough I hear.  Brutal Conditions, Conflict, Crime, Poverty etc.  So that in itself tends to make one "harder".  For those who are poor, uneducated, or involved in crime, I doubt there are many good opportunities to make a decent living.   So that also would tend to lead some in the direction of a life in Sports.   And its not only mma, but the majority of the best Russians wrestlers are also from Dagestan.  Martial Arts seem to be very popular in that region, wrestling, sambo, combat sambo etc. 

MMA is also starting to take off in Chechnya as there was/is a tournament in that region between all of the gyms. There are a few notable Chechyn fighters, Khalidov and Amagov. But obviously they are not as far along as Dagestan. 

3/11/13 9:48 AM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

watch the first 30 seconds, 

3/11/13 10:03 AM
PhuketTopTeam

DamnSevern - 

a few you missed off the top of my head, Sultan Aliev, Baga Agaev, Shamil Abdurahimov. There are def more

Life in Dagestan can be pretty fucking rough I hear.  Brutal Conditions, Conflict, Crime, Poverty etc.  So that in itself tends to make one "harder".  For those who are poor, uneducated, or involved in crime, I doubt there are many good opportunities to make a decent living.   So that also would tend to lead some in the direction of a life in Sports.   And its not only mma, but the majority of the best Russians wrestlers are also from Dagestan.  Martial Arts seem to be very popular in that region, wrestling, sambo, combat sambo etc. 

MMA is also starting to take off in Chechnya as there was/is a tournament in that region between all of the gyms. There are a few notable Chechyn fighters, Khalidov and Amagov. But obviously they are not as far along as Dagestan. 

damn... i knew there was many more.
We just had Rasul Mirzaev, Murad Machaev, Ali Baguatinov and Tukhugov at the gym with us and having spoken with Rasul alot he says they are just brought up hard, in a hard place that has been in constant conflict for many generations. (much the same as Chechyna) Just the Dagestan region already had a strong Sambo, Sanda, Kickboxing and wrestling ground-swell.
Rasul also pointed out the so Russian people look down on the Dagestan people and this makes them want to succeed more.
3/11/13 10:05 AM
DamnSevern

good points

big fan of Ali Baguatinov, made a thread about him a while ago saying the ufc should sign him. badd ass russian flyweight.

3/11/13 10:07 AM
PhuketTopTeam

posted this month or more ago - but it's relevant to the conversation & very interesting look into one Dagestan fighters life & comeback from prison.

P.S.

we had a Huge Brazilian movement and take over in MMA in the 90's early 2000's, then a ressurgance in American wrestling based fighters.... could Russian fighters be the next wave (it would be the generation that grew up watching & idolising Fedor)

3/11/13 10:11 AM
PhuketTopTeam

DamnSevern - 

good points

big fan of Ali Baguatinov, made a thread about him a while ago saying the ufc should sign him. badd ass russian flyweight.

It was great having Ali in the gym - we have Andrew Leone (6-2) Flyweight here and watching them roll, wrestle and spar was great. If your a fan of Ali... then keep an eye out for Andrew Leone. They went toe to toe through MMA sparring & wrestling. Both high level wrestlers.... the only difference being Andrew's bjj game had him tied up. Hope to get Ali back actually as having him and Andrew work together is amazing stuff.

3/11/13 10:19 AM
touch
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PhuketTopTeam - 
DamnSevern - 

We just had Rasul Mirzaev, Murad Machaev, Ali Baguatinov and Tukhugov at the gym with us and having spoken with Rasul alot he says they are just brought up hard, in a hard place that has been in constant conflict for many generations. (much the same as Chechyna) Just the Dagestan region already had a strong Sambo, Sanda, Kickboxing and wrestling ground-swell.
Rasul also pointed out the so Russian people look down on the Dagestan people and this makes them want to succeed more.

I don't know why they want to succed more but certaimly not because of the way Russian people look down on the Dagestan people. That's some bullshit he told you.

3/11/13 10:21 AM
DamnSevern

was hoping you found this thread Touch

3/11/13 10:23 AM
whoabro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russians definitely look down on dagestanis Phone Post
3/11/13 10:26 AM
DamnSevern

Touch is Russian btw

3/11/13 10:27 AM
PhuketTopTeam

touch - 
PhuketTopTeam - 
DamnSevern - 

I don't know why they want to succed more but certaimly not because of the way Russian people look down on the Dagestan people. That's some bullshit he told you.

i do believe SOME russians look down on Dagestani people.

1) different religion

2) Dageestan neighbours Chechyna and has been involved in war, terrorism and many political issues

The racist slavik Union certainly look down on the Dagestani.

So i think sure not ALL Russians - and maybe not yourself, but certainly there are many who do look down on Dagestani people.

3/11/13 10:38 AM
touch
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 

Hell man to be honest with you I wouldn't rely on the words of a guy like Rasul. He may be a beast, great sportsmen, etc. but why does he talk this kind of shit? May be he can't stand all the ruskies now because he killed a rusky guy? Idk, the one thing I know for sure is that he doesn't feel nor a scrap of guilt for what happened. He feels sorry for his victim's death, for his parents, bur nothing more. Like it was a bad luck for poor Rasul, that Ivan guy assualted his gf with a toy car and bla-bla. And now we have white knights at UG who try to bullshit the American crowd about who this guy really is. I'm a bit pissed bro

3/11/13 10:44 AM
touch

PhuketTopTeam - 
touch - 
PhuketTopTeam - 
DamnSevern - 

i do believe SOME russians look down on Dagestani people.

1) different religion

2) Dageestan neighbours Chechyna and has been involved in war, terrorism and many political issues

The racist slavik Union certainly look down on the Dagestani.

So i think sure not ALL Russians - and maybe not yourself, but certainly there are many who do look down on Dagestani people.

Why the hell should I care about what you believe on that matter if you are not Russian, you doesn't live in Russia and you know about Russia from the words of Dagestani killer? Come on man

3/11/13 10:48 AM
PhuketTopTeam

touch - 
DamnSevern - 

Hell man to be honest with you I wouldn't rely on the words of a guy like Rasul. He may be a beast, great sportsmen, etc. but why does he talk this kind of shit? May be he can't stand all the ruskies now because he killed a rusky guy? Idk, the one thing I know for sure is that he doesn't feel nor a scrap of guilt for what happened. He feels sorry for his victim's death, for his parents, bur nothing more. Like it was a bad luck for poor Rasul, that Ivan guy assualted his gf with a toy car and bla-bla. And now we have white knights at UG who try to bullshit the American crowd about who this guy really is. I'm a bit pissed bro

wow... well im glad your getting this off your chest

Just remember this is your OPINION not fact.

3/11/13 10:59 AM
russkisambist
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, 3/4 of Russian National Team in any combat sport consists of Dagestanis and Ossetians. Plus Chechens and Adigs of course. Just to clarify, I am of Slavic descent and have no beef with fighters from Kavkaz. They sweat and bleed just like me. Dagestan and Ossetia were always black smithery of champions when it comes to wrestling too. There is simply something in the gene type of these people that makes them so excellent at fighting Phone Post
3/11/13 11:08 AM
PhuketTopTeam

russkisambist -  Yep, 3/4 of Russian National Team in any combat sport consists of Dagestanis and Ossetians. Plus Chechens and Adigs of course. Just to clarify, I am of Slavic descent and have no beef with fighters from Kavkaz. They sweat and bleed just like me. Dagestan and Ossetia were always black smithery of champions when it comes to wrestling too. There is simply something in the gene type of these people that makes them so excellent at fighting Phone Post

Nice - there are also tonnes of amazing Russian (slavic descent) fighters.... 

its just amazing to see how much talent is coming out right now from one small tiny part of Russia.

3/11/13 2:22 PM
PhuketTopTeam

Edited: 03/11/13 2:24 PM

If anyone missed the fight with Frodo Vs Marlon Sandro.

Great fight and really controlled Sandro in every area.

3/11/13 4:14 PM
DamnSevern

touch - 
DamnSevern - 

I agree with you and I have no respect for Rasul

I would like to think any person would look down on Rasul, not because hes from dagestan, but because he murdered someone.

3/11/13 4:44 PM
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

russkisambist -  Yep, 3/4 of Russian National Team in any combat sport consists of Dagestanis and Ossetians. Plus Chechens and Adigs of course. Just to clarify, I am of Slavic descent and have no beef with fighters from Kavkaz. They sweat and bleed just like me. Dagestan and Ossetia were always black smithery of champions when it comes to wrestling too. There is simply something in the gene type of these people that makes them so excellent at fighting Phone Post

This is right, Caucasics are just tough fuckers.

That's there heritage.
3/11/13 4:45 PM
Megatherium

^^^^^their, not there
3/11/13 7:19 PM
Diesel67
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smash those stinking Commies in the balls  :)

3/11/13 10:45 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great topic.

I would be surprised if Russia didn't start to take over in pro-MMA at some point as they have such a rich history in combat sports and wrestling. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.