UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> An UnderGround Call To Arms!

3/11/13 12:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/11/13 12:29 PM

From Fuzzy's Lloyd Irvin thread -

Fuzzy Badfeet -
oh also, each employee is tasked with putting like ten comments on yelp, yahoo, bing, etc per day that are positive in order to always keep them new and bury any bad ones. They are waiting for us to slow down. All the staff at Lloyds and Marcos' currently have been briefed that we are "forum fucking " them, and that this is common, just happens sometimes, but that at some point our momentum will slow down and they will come behind us and bury all of this with positive comments. For the past weeks since this is started Marcos and some of the members have been making multiple accounts ever day on mma.tv and posting in random threads to build post count and legitimacy in preparation for when this particular thread slows down so they can come and monkeywrench things. that was a really valuable piece of info and I want to thank you for giving it to me. have a feeling it iwill explain allot. the person that said this said that already have at least 30 accounts he knows of from a feww other threads where they had to do battle to bury negativity. beware

This has been confirmed. Let's not let any outside parties corrupt our forum and let it be used as a tool to help scam people, steal money, or God forbid, sexually abuse a minor.
3/11/13 12:21 PM
pennviachoke
1060 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In...what do I do now? Phone Post
3/11/13 12:22 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/11/13 12:23 PM
Hello I am new to this forum, My name is Marcos Av.... I mean John Smith. I look forward to discussing UFC fighting with all you guys!
3/11/13 12:23 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You gonna get some drive by votedowns for this.. So pre-emptive vote up!
3/11/13 12:23 PM
J_Swift
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And some people wonder why that group of people was collectively shit on in the MMA community, especially on the UG. They are not doing themselves any favors. Phone Post
3/11/13 12:35 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in!

3/11/13 12:39 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

30+ accounts? I'd say that's an ip banable offense for MA Phone Post
3/11/13 12:40 PM
icarus4321
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me.
3/11/13 12:45 PM
RickStorm
1616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

TTT

3/11/13 12:52 PM
PartsGuy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
3/11/13 12:53 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right guys we can counter this check out fuzzy's thread and post a shit load of negative reviews on yelp etc Phone Post
3/11/13 12:53 PM
bmoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In
3/11/13 12:59 PM
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/11/13 1:00 PM
pennviachoke - 

In...what do I do now? Phone Post

Just be vigilant and aware about defending your forum. The most common tactic now appears to be Derailment Arguments. This is actually pretty damn effective...they start arguing really small tehnical points, and you go 3 pages without discussing the really horrific stuff, the signal get's diluted, and to people just learning about the scandal (linked in by google), it starts to look like "much ado about nothing".

Because these kinds comments are actually fairly common on the internet where so many spergs post endlessly on minor points, an unusual concentration can be camouflaged but still bury a thread.

And then Lloyd's army of "internet assassins" and SEO people bury the rape scandals and thievery under endless layers of positive reviews and "hater" comments badmouthing his rivals. He suddenly goes from "dangerous" to "controversial" and can continue to rope in new victims.
3/11/13 1:07 PM
GladiatorGannon

Edited: 03/11/13 8:02 PM
I'm also going to have to ask you to do something that can be hard to do sometimes...be better than the people you're arguing with.

One of the ways any cult leader gains control over his followers is by creating an "us against them" mentality. It makes his people circle the wagons, and actually binds them closer.

We have the moral highground, and the facts on our side. If we degenerate into "eat a bag of dicks", it's just going to make it easier for him to rally his troops.

Do it with wit and humor, and make sure his supporters understand how ridiculous their position is instead of directly attacking them.
3/11/13 1:07 PM
GladiatorGannon

MMA Playwrite - "The most common tactic now appears to be Derailment Arguments"

Uhhh....... OP is just mad because Kimbo was ahead in points and was on his way to victory when OP had to resort to knees.

Hey! Those were legal strikes! LOL
3/11/13 1:09 PM
Tankhead
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They've actually become quite easy to spot. The Internet Assassins resort to debate fallacies to try and win arguments with the hypothetical jury. They aren't arguing with us as Gannon said, they're manipulating you into focusing on bullet points instead of the big picture. Don't let them manipulate you. Make it a point to post a summery ever few pages of the thread. Make the knowledge there, up front so the lazy can click and see what they need to.

So far, we've seen fallacies such as:
-Strawman arguments
-Ad Hominem Attacks
-Tu Quoque
-Moving of the Goal Post

Most people don't pick up on it and they tend to inspire ad Hominem attacks in return. Keep your cool and stick to the facts. Phone Post
3/11/13 1:12 PM
GladiatorGannon

Gokudamus stole my name - You gonna get some drive by votedowns for this.. So pre-emptive vote up!

Thanks man.
3/11/13 1:13 PM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BE WEARY OF ALL NOOBS! Phone Post
3/11/13 1:13 PM
Letibleu
1642 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/11/13 1:14 PM
disbeliever
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
ttt
3/11/13 1:16 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All mudname 13'ers must be cleansed!!!!!! With fire!!!!!!!!!!!
3/11/13 1:21 PM
Toby Lerone
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up OP

3/11/13 1:24 PM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way this site's geared now it's not possible.  Make a BS Internet assasin Lloyd support post and

Frozen like a boss

3/11/13 1:27 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uppp

3/11/13 1:29 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is this what that "my dad has cancer" thread was about?

a distraction, something to draw away heat from the Lloyd Irvin story?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.