UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> An UnderGround Call To Arms!

3/13/13 1:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PhillyFights
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two questions: Ive heard about all this Llyod Irwin shit (not in detail) and obviously its despicable, but whats all this cult talk? I know he makes his students call him master, which seems kinda weird nowadays in the west. But I wanna hear more about this cult thing.

2: Can we now assume (if it wasnt already) that the whole story about Lloyd and Vera disarming/beating up those home invaders to be bullshit?  

3/13/13 1:35 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

newbornbabynoob - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - 

eagleswhat1, if you end up doing something like that take GladiatorGannon's advice and make sure you are calm and succinct about what you say. Make sure you have people with you who are willing to act in the same manner, and get everything on video. Make sure there is nothing you have to edit out to make your position stronger.. force them to have to edit something.

Just to remind people... the issue Gannon is (smartly) marshaling us against is internet manipulation. Running around causing trouble with a video camera only benefits Lloyd. ("These crazy hooligans came to my house and my school and threatened my family... how would you like it if they threatened your family? They're out of control, you can't listen to them.")

I definitely agree with you, which makes me wonder if you actually ready my post? If one were to act in the way I described, there is no way they could play the "crazy hooligans stalking me" card.

About VDs... I generally notice mine staying pretty consistent, but they have been up and down like crazy the last few days. I'm not sure a lot of it has to do with TLI, but just that this situation has people really on edge either way.

However, I will use this as another oppurtunity to voice my opinion that votes should be public. It actually makes it easier to pick out trolls and people who would wish to abuse the system. It picks out fake accounts. It makes people defend their position instead of just vote sniping. It adds context to the votes (ie, someone has 100 VU's but all by '13 mudnamers, vs someone who has 20 VU's that are all from mods, blues, guys like DamnSevern and Pro Ice etc).

I think this is especially relevant now that we have a guy known to use media manipulation tactics to his advantage. Any anonymity right now is to TLI's advantage.

The argument I have heard against having votes public is that it will "create extra drama and vote wars". Well, the anonymous vote system already does the same thing. Whenever someone gets a VD they think it's because of the last comment they posted, then they  vote down someone who disagreed with them because they assume that's who did it.

I dropped the crusade for a little bit because it didn't really matter much.. I just thought the system would work better that way. Now I'm thinking that the system working properly, as in losing the anonymity, could have some beneficial effects in the real world.

I appreciate the mods who have discussed this with us before, but I think it might be a good thing to readdress from this perspective.

3/13/13 1:45 PM
krept
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The term "cult" has become somewhat of a cliche' but aside from the lack of religious overtones, the actions seem to mesh fairly well with the definition found in psychological resources.

If you read what Fuzzy recently posted, it seems he is of the opinion that the break in was legitimate because of the way that it affected Lloyd and his family.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/homepage_showcase/man-woke-up-with-gun-in-his-face

There are other sources, but here ABC News makes the link between Jason Scott and Lloyd. More info on Scott is found on the "special report" page. Another news link stated that the prosecutor declined to file charges for Lloyds case, but also did the same with the majority of the charges Scott was facing. I believe the ATF's press release about the perp mentioned this as well.

IIRC the incident happened well before the extent of Scotts spree (in that area) was known. The MOA and description seemed to fit and in fact, the operating theory from law enforcement was that Scott used his connection to UPS to see where higher volume shipments went (more lucrative hit) and found Lloyd's address due to his business.

Given the past skepticism is absolutely warranted. I think the numerous other charges with direct victims are damning enough on their own merit to put this on to the back burner and focus on the remainder IMO.
3/13/13 2:01 PM
PhillyFights
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krept - The term "cult" has become somewhat of a cliche' but aside from the lack of religious overtones, the actions seem to mesh fairly well with the definition found in psychological resources.

If you read what Fuzzy recently posted, it seems he is of the opinion that the break in was legitimate because of the way that it affected Lloyd and his family.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/homepage_showcase/man-woke-up-with-gun-in-his-face

There are other sources, but here ABC News makes the link between Jason Scott and Lloyd. More info on Scott is found on the "special report" page. Another news link stated that the prosecutor declined to file charges for Lloyds case, but also did the same with the majority of the charges Scott was facing. I believe the ATF's press release about the perp mentioned this as well.

IIRC the incident happened well before the extent of Scotts spree (in that area) was known. The MOA and description seemed to fit and in fact, the operating theory from law enforcement was that Scott used his connection to UPS to see where higher volume shipments went (more lucrative hit) and found Lloyd's address due to his business.

Given the past skepticism is absolutely warranted. I think the numerous other charges with direct victims are damning enough on their own merit to put this on to the back burner and focus on the remainder IMO.

I agree the Home invasion should take a back seat, but it just seemed too perfect of a PR thing for his schools that given Lyods history, makes me wonder......I also remember Vera refusing to comment on it in kind of an awkward way

3/13/13 6:18 PM
krept
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm. I didn't ever hear Vera's take, could be the reason why.

ttt
3/13/13 6:46 PM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't suppose anyone can get this video to work? The description is... intriguing, to say the least:
http://www.ganges.com/Cosmetic_Dentistry_Fort_Washington_Maryland_Dentist_Ft_Washington_MD_video_5058795/

Description : Ed O'Keefe and Mr. X (aka Lloyd Irvin) teach Dentists to get #1 Rankings in search engines. Cosmetic Dentistry Fort Washington Maryland|Dentist Ft Washington MD

"aka Lloyd Irvin" is the site's description, not mine.

I'm pretty sure it's just a portal and the original video is long gone, but still, this is interesting. The Ed O'Keefe in question does not appear to be the Washington Post reporter, despite the DC connection. He appears to be a marketing guru or something for dentists. There's plenty of video of him doing sales pitches and he's a much younger guy than the reporter.

Anyway, and internet search combining "Ed O'Keefe" and "Mr. X" but there was a malware-listed site as the top search result (not linking it in case it really does have malware as I could get fucking banned for that). It's a marketing page that's laid out _very_ familiarly, and describes "Special Guest Mr. X"

More blurbs:

Special Bonus: The Google
Hi-Jack Method
I met Mr. Ninja at a private, invite-only, Mastermind In San Antonio Texas. He's a young guy, who spends half his time skiing and meeting girls, while the other half of the time figuring out how to make a boatload of money beating all the search engines.

Mr. Super Ninja will show you the most cutting edge tool that he created to get traffic from Google, Yahoo, & Bing. You'll see how this simple little tool will 100% Guarantee people will click on YOUR Name when searching for the Dentist in your town.

This is so lethal to your competitors that Mr. X is ONLY going to show it to a small group.

Plus, Special Guest Mr. X- The Most Ninja Internet Marketer I've Ever Met!

While the description of a "young guy" in San Antonio doesn't really add up, does ANY of this feel familiar? Because if you combine it with the first part, it's pretty fucking funny.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.