UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anyone Interested in a Senior UG MMA Tournament?

3/11/13 2:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Drewout
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone have interest in an MMA tournament with the following requirements?

This is for the guys that trained but never got their shot at the big show, had jobs, injuries, or families and couldn't train or compete full time. Guys that have been there in the gym with the guys we see on TV. The tough training partners... The journeymen.... The guys that want to see if they still have it...

Shows would be in Georgia - Would bring guys from all over the country. Total cost would be about $45K for the promoter. Travel for fighters and 1 corner, hotel, purses, belt, advertising, Video Production, etc...

UG & teams would have to assist in raising at least $12,000.00 in sponsorship that would be used for some of those expenses.

Tournament Format across 3 shows each approximately 8 weeks apart - Start with 8 man tournament - 2 guys in an alternate fight at the first show - So 5 fights first event.
2nd show - 2 fights
3rd show - 1 Championship Fight

1. Preferably UG member or at a minimum UG reccomended.
2. Minimum age 33 years old.
3. Professional with a minimum of 1 Pro fight - Maximum 6 Pro fights
4. 170# (Welterweight)
5. Never fought or at least won a fight in the following:UFC, Bellator, WEC, IFL, Bodog
6. Must submit an official witnessed weigh-in with application video - Maximum Weight before acceptance 185# we don't want any monster professional weight cutters!

These fights are made for spirited competitors with experience and skill as evenly matched as possible.

What you say UG?
3/11/13 3:59 PM
Drewout
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

49 looks & No interest? If this one goes well could add additional weight classes - might be the next advance to Senior MMA!
3/11/13 4:09 PM
TheMessiah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck... I would if I was 33 Phone Post
3/11/13 5:36 PM
Drewout

I think it is a good idea for guys who didn't get a real chance in their prime but have ability and still want to fight.

Come on UG!!!
3/11/13 5:41 PM
Kostakio
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should cap it at at least 36, imo. 33 is really young. Phone Post
3/11/13 6:46 PM
Drewout

Minimum 33 to as old as the Athletic Commission will allow.
3/11/13 9:19 PM
Kostakio
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, I didn't mean "cap it". I meant make it '36 and older'. Like I said, 33 years old is young and in your prime, imho. Phone Post
3/13/13 10:22 PM
Drewout

Wow this thread was an epic FAIL!!! Guess no one is interested in fighting or seeing old washed up has been's like me in the cage!
3/13/13 10:42 PM
Kirik
1678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

3/25/13 8:47 AM
Kostakio

ttt Phone Post
3/25/13 8:51 AM
moabwarrior
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 34 meet those requirements. I'm in Phone Post
3/25/13 8:55 AM
supercan
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting. Requirements are tough for most average UG'ers, I think. Small pool.
3/25/13 8:57 AM
moabwarrior
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Iv had more than 6 fights. Just seen that stip . Phone Post
3/25/13 8:59 AM
Drewout

moabwarrior -  Iv had more than 6 fights. Just seen that stip . Phone Post

Tim you would still wreck the average regional level 170# guy! Are you still in Georgia? If so we should get some training together soon.
3/25/13 9:01 AM
Drewout

supercan - Interesting. Requirements are tough for most average UG'ers, I think. Small pool.

Supercan - I started the thread not just for UG members, but so UG members could make recommendations for guys from different gyms.

I am sure there are guys all over the country that train, but have only fought a couple of times, have been in camps with the guys we watch on TV & still have the desire to fight a couple of times before they know it is too late...
3/25/13 9:03 AM
mofomike
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolute division. 

3/25/13 9:16 AM
moabwarrior

Still in Newnan ga. You should come down and train at my gym Phone Post
3/25/13 11:28 AM
GodzillaFuria
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not 33 yet...kinda bummed.
3/25/13 12:04 PM
BJ_Penmanship
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Certainly a tempting thought...

But I also walk around just under 160 these days.

Also never fought pro but I have trained and spared with a good handful of them... Phone Post
3/25/13 2:18 PM
supercan
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drewout - 
supercan - Interesting. Requirements are tough for most average UG'ers, I think. Small pool.

Supercan - I started the thread not just for UG members, but so UG members could make recommendations for guys from different gyms.

I am sure there are guys all over the country that train, but have only fought a couple of times, have been in camps with the guys we watch on TV & still have the desire to fight a couple of times before they know it is too late...

That makes sense. I'm in numerous gyms around our area. I'll send anyone this way that may be interested.
3/25/13 2:43 PM
Drewout

BJ_Penmanship -  Certainly a tempting thought...

But I also walk around just under 160 these days.

Also never fought pro but I have trained and spared with a good handful of them... Phone Post

155# is an option depending on interest.

If you have experience could make Pro Debut.
3/25/13 3:15 PM
UGCTT_ATLien
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd come watch for sure!
3/26/13 7:42 AM
Drewout

If we can get enough genuine interest it is very easy to setup the tournament, plus maybe even stream it. I will start looking into the cost of that.
3/26/13 7:47 AM
MmanBearPig

Drewout - If we can get enough genuine interest it is very easy to setup the tournament, plus maybe even stream it. I will start looking into the cost of that.

If you don't mind mild quality use any HD camera hook it into a pc use a screen grab program (Fraps) then stream to justin.tv that will keep costs to a minimum

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.